Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery BARELY WORKS

Cannot recall when it first began and obviously at this point things can clearly be brushed off as too much content for its servers to handle but has anyone noticed nowadays how the gallery rarely, if ever, works properly? Or at all?

If it was a computer issue I'd understand, however even the gallery on the sims 4 site doesn't work most attempts and I just have to bring it up in hope someone from the Sims 4 team sees it and tries to repair things.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    But what exactly is not working? I use it literally every simming session.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yeah, it hangs for me when I do searches for lots and often tries to tell me nothing is available under my keywords or hashtags when I know for a fact there is. Then I'll search again and it will cough up some selections.

I do agree that it's probably just really weighed down now with so much content and so many users. I actually started downloading my favorites to my library because it can be a hassle to try to sift through them nowadays.
    #Team Occult
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    My gallery will often not allow me to view only the creators that I'm following. It will say I'm not following anyone. I also struggle with getting search results. This became an issue for me when I went from origin to EA app
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    But what exactly is not working? I use it literally every simming session.

Everything, and I mean that in the literal sense, if it won't connect then I can't search for anything as LiELF's comment explained, Plum forbid I can, then it's a mess of the most popular and then the newest a line down even if I've ticked the MOST POPULAR option.

To sound like I'm whining, It's just everything! And I do mean EVERY. THING. Even the POPULAR NOW options throw up a corrupted combo of the mild favorites and then something posted maybe 2 moments ago, which points at their servers maybe not handling deliveries of data and logging them right, which again, I'm not surprised if it were the case, however as a poor excuse for a builder, the gallery is where I go to find my sims a house, or bar or club, somewhere to spend their time, otherwise they have to put up with my disasters, and for years the sims team promoted the gallery, and still do, even though it's barely functional!

I can 99% assume the console version is near enough the same, if by some miracle it isn't and console simmers can freely download whatever they wish without issues.
    MichelleW wrote: »
    My gallery will often not allow me to view only the creators that I'm following. It will say I'm not following anyone. I also struggle with getting search results. This became an issue for me when I went from origin to EA app

Mine makes me think I've been banned! Or blocked as certain accounts content simply won't appear or appears in pieces, even Maxis!

It's been an issue long before the app! seemed to be around last year/mid last year, with all the updates it's a fair assumption to point that as the root cause
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The only times I've had problems with the Gallery is when they do an upgrade or fixing it. :'( Otherwise the Gallery works for me. ;)
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I also have noticed that the functionality of the gallery has severely gone down hill. What frustrates me the most is that majority of the time the gallery won't show me lots of the creators I follow. If I go to their specific page yeah it'll show me some but even then when I try to filter, sometimes it still tells me nothing is available. I even unfollowed a few creators and you'd think it would make it easier for the gallery to have less to sift through when trying to search through the following tab. I genuinely wish they would fix it, if they even can.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    The only thing that I have found that doesn't work is selecting which packs you have so that the gallery won't show you uploads that use a pack you don't own. It's very annoying because this would be super useful.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yeah, it hangs for me when I do searches for lots and often tries to tell me nothing is available under my keywords or hashtags when I know for a fact there is. Then I'll search again and it will cough up some selections.

I do agree that it's probably just really weighed down now with so much content and so many users. I actually started downloading my favorites to my library because it can be a hassle to try to sift through them nowadays.

same for me. and also the pack selection thing mentioned happens for my as well.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

This perfectly describes my experience as well, and I'm having similar problems with the Build Mode search. Even when I type in the exact name of an item, more often than not, I end up on a catalogue page somewhere near the item and still have to look for it, usually by scrolling up a bit. It seems like everything is a little overloaded these days.
  • glory_joyglory_joy Posts: 134 Member
    Sometimes, just do a search for a 40x30 lot, for example, and literally nothing shows. Then I check the cc box and some things show, then I uncheck the cc box and some things show, maybe like 15 lots, back and forth over and over. Once in awhile, I get good results. Hashtags for world names works on and off--like there are really NO nightclubs if I search by "delsolvalley"??? This has really ramped up in the last few weeks.
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    Setting aside the "I'll show you all the packs so you buy more" filter shenanigans, the galley is a mess for me. It’s extremely slow, the popular filter only shows the same old stuff because the other filters are not enough to make it budge. When I search in tags it doesnt return results or it buffers for ages and then returns crossed out results. I stopped using it and rely on whatever I have saved, I can't stand it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so miss my followers. It’s way too quiet in the Gallery now.😭😢
  • RainRaelRainRael Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Ninoosim said:
    > Setting aside the "I'll show you all the packs so you buy more" filter shenanigans, the galley is a mess for me. It’s extremely slow, the popular filter only shows the same old stuff because the other filters are not enough to make it budge. When I search in tags it doesnt return results or it buffers for ages and then returns crossed out results. I stopped using it and rely on whatever I have saved, I can't stand it.

This!!! I'm incredibly frustrated because I just want to view the creations that ONLY have content from packs I already own, and there is no way to do that. You would assume that's what selecting the "Show Owned" option would do. But no, that function is basically useless. On top of the frustration it slows down my loading time SOOO much. I basically never use the gallery because of it.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so miss my followers. It’s way too quiet in the Gallery now.😭😢

This! Yes! And news! I miss news. Now I often forget that the gallery is there at all.

And yes, to those of you who find the "show owned" feature lacking. It is! From what I understand it's not intended to work differently either, which is worse. It is actually by design!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    Update: As of the Gallery work a couple weeks ago....ITS WORKING! Completely. I'm getting all the new content and news and tags and followers and the full Maxis gallery account page.

Progress. This simmer is impressed
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    Update: As of the Gallery work a couple weeks ago....ITS WORKING! Completely. I'm getting all the new content and news and tags and followers and the full Maxis gallery account page.

Progress. This simmer is impressed

Really? For me the gallery works just fine, but I still have no news section, tags or followers.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes, my Gallery is still missing those things as well. I miss it!