Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back the stuff packs

MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
edited April 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
We really need stuff packs back. There are themes that need to be explored that are too large for kits and too small for gamepacks.
For example
An infant stuff pack with expanded ways to reach milestones and strollers, plus more cas
An elders stuff pack with expanded elders cas and activities, retirement communities, gameplay specific to elders
Pool stuff
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so miss the Stuff Packs too. :( Especially the beautiful hairstyles & the mini gameplay fun. B)<3 Oh well. :'(
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @MichelleW I agree also stuff packs came with new CAS and traits too and made gameplay that little bit better
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited April 2023
    I fully agree. Kits are nothing compared to StuffPacks. Nothing more than visuals.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited April 2023
    I miss stuff packs. Especially the later ones like nifty knitting, paranormal, tiny living and even mochino (for the photography). Kits can be nice filler but stuff packs were more than just filler, they had content. I wish stuff packs would return.

As for themes that could be explored in a stuff pack, I would like a pet dragon stuff pack, an infant/toddler stuff pack with a changing table, stroller and toddler tricycle or a pool stuff pack with pool slides and new floaties.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    With you all. When I could get in, was constantly using stuff pack stuff to flesh out my builds with those handy extras the bigger packs ignored. On the TS2 side, Mansion & Garden Stuff is essential for anyone wanting to do Second Empire Victorian.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Yea I also miss the $10 stuff packs. Kits just don’t give me the same feels.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited April 2023
    I think if they did any more it would probably be infant stuff. But they’d have to tread very carefully so it’s not another my first pets.

They probably would want to let growing together completely sell before they gave people a cheaper way to expand infants too.

I personally wouldn’t mind them back but I think there’s a bit of nostalgia towards them, a lot of people complained about most of them at the time.
  • EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    Really missing them too. The last one, Paranormal, was soooo good! I would love another one of that quality. I hope they make a return this year
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    The stuff packs also seem more realized than kits.
    I feel like stuff packs are worth your money, because they have CAS items, and a lot of stuff that adds to the game. Kits are just kind of there for me.
    With stuff packs like fitness gives you CAS items, and the rock wall for your Sims.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Find it funny how people are missing stuff packs because I remember them wanting the sims team to stop putting out multiple stuff packs and now they are missed. :D

Wouldn't mind seeing a stuff pack sometime soon
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Find it funny how people are missing stuff packs because I remember them wanting the sims team to stop putting out multiple stuff packs and now they are missed. :D

Wouldn't mind seeing a stuff pack sometime soon

Lol, this was never me. I've bought them all at full price, even my first pets disaster.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I really wish stuff packs would return as well. Sadly, I think they have been replaced by kits. :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Loved stuff packs they were a great way to get unique items and game play that did not fit into an expansion theme. Now we just get kits with a few outfits or small number of objects that hardly even covers the theme they are attempting never worth what they are asking for I can get better cc.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2023
    This may be morbid but I would like a Graveyard stuffpack or a Reaper SP. Something that officially adds graveyards back into the game, a rabbit hole mausoleum like from TS3, and to add in a grim reaper career, like suggested from that 2020 poll. Right now I have a cc lot trait to make a graveyard, but it's not the same.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2023
    I have a feeling that stuff packs were phased out because EA messed up its own categorization scheme for the packs. There was no longer a distinction between stuff packs and gameplay packs. That's probably why there was only a single gameplay kit and then never again.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Unfortunately, that is so true. When the last Stuff Pack Paranormal came out, it was actually a Gameplay Pack.
    And when Dream Interior Decorating Gameplay Pack came out, it was actually a Stuff Pack.
    I've always suspected that the game developing teams for Gameplay Packs & Stuff Packs got redirected to each other jobs.
    Also, when the Wedding Gameplay Pack was released it wasn't any game developer teams.
    I feel so sorry for all those people & hope that they get treated better.
  • kw4222kw4222 Posts: 16 Member
    I agree with so many here. Decisions around development have gone downhill in recent years. I remember when I owned EVERY single add-on, and would pre-order new releases without question. But with kits, the “wow” factor and value just isn’t there. I own maybe 3 kits :( But if they still released stuff packs, I bet I would own every single one!
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that is so true. When the last Stuff Pack Paranormal came out, it was actually a Gameplay Pack.
    And when Dream Interior Decorating Gameplay Pack came out, it was actually a Stuff Pack.
    I've always suspected that the game developing teams for Gameplay Packs & Stuff Packs got redirected to each other jobs.
    Also, when the Wedding Gameplay Pack was released it wasn't any game developer teams.
    I feel so sorry for all those people & hope that they get treated better.

Do you have a source for this or is it just an educated guess?
    kw4222 wrote: »
    I agree with so many here. Decisions around development have gone downhill in recent years. I remember when I owned EVERY single add-on, and would pre-order new releases without question. But with kits, the “wow” factor and value just isn’t there. I own maybe 3 kits :( But if they still released stuff packs, I bet I would own every single one!

Same here
    It would make sense to me that they would make a stuff pack for the infant life stage since we had one for the toddler life stage. I'm wondering with all the cars hints if cars could come in a stuff pack 🤔. They are also hinting at fairies which will likely be a GP. Horses have been hinted at which could be GP or EP. Where do cars fit in?
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    A pack about pets with feeding your pet fish please
  • AliyaaiiAliyaaii Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > With you all. When I could get in, was constantly using stuff pack stuff to flesh out my builds with those handy extras the bigger packs ignored. On the TS2 side, Mansion & Garden Stuff is essential for anyone wanting to do Second Empire Victorian.

Hi guys
    I completely agree with you! Stuff packs are often underrated but they can provide some fantastic additions to enhance our builds. I particularly love how the Mansion & Garden Stuff pack in The Sims 2 adds that essential touch of elegance, making it perfect for creating stunning Second Empire Victorian homes.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Aliyaaii wrote: »
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > With you all. When I could get in, was constantly using stuff pack stuff to flesh out my builds with those handy extras the bigger packs ignored. On the TS2 side, Mansion & Garden Stuff is essential for anyone wanting to do Second Empire Victorian.

Hi guys
    I completely agree with you! Stuff packs are often underrated but they can provide some fantastic additions to enhance our builds. I particularly love how the Mansion & Garden Stuff pack in The Sims 2 adds that essential touch of elegance, making it perfect for creating stunning Second Empire Victorian homes.

That was one of my all-time faves.