Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS: Skirts and dresses in Cold Weather category, please!

I don't know about the rest of you skirt-wearing types, but I've always considered them an all-weather, all-seasons garment! I know we can turn the "cold weather" filter off, but I wish we didn't have to...

Comments

• Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    (I don't have Modern Menswear, but I STG, if that kit provides MEN with more cold-weather skirted options than women have ever had in this game...)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I quite often give the longer skirts to my sims who are so inclined, they pair well with a woollen jumper or cardigan, and boots.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    You can just remove the tag. The tag ensures that sims just won't generate with it.

In my opinion, no. Then again, my opinion could come from the fact I live in cold climate or I'm sensitive to cold in winter. When I put together a cold weather outfit, I always get an idea it should protect from freezing cold weather with lots of snow and cold winds. While yes, leggings are an option, I feel like they are too thin to protect from cold. And being fashionable in winter isn't worth freezing to death over in my opinion...
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I regularly remove the tag for hot and cold weather outfits. I don't agree with some of the items being excluded from these options. I think the hot and cold weather tags can do with a rework. As for skirts: with woolen tights they can be perfect for cold weather wear.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2023
    These tags are useless. The "clothes in season" test depends on the season outfit category. So just ignore them...
    I think the present setting is more reasonable since there is a big difference between the winter of Sulani and Mt.Komeberi.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2023
    This is subjective about rather it's hot or cold depending on the individual and we could say this about a lot of different clothes in specific categories.
    In real life I wear long skirts or dresses all year around with stuff underneath. But in sims I do think skirts are better tagged hot weather because of how sims generate so randomly. They will not think to put leggings on.
    Like with all the cc I have the creators tend to tag everything horribly, (which could have to do with the country weather they live in)
    so I've seen sims in the dead of winter with skirts (no leggins) and bathing suits and I always have to stop and take them into CAS because it hurts my eyes to see that 😆

But yes skirts are all year around for me too!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I guess it depends on personal preferences. I often have sims wear improper clothes for winter, that would be more suitable to cold indoors rather than cold outdoors, but unlike real life, at least the sims don't freeze. I have seen real people dressed unsuitably for the cold weather, I don't mind it when sims do the same.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I regularly remove the tag for hot and cold weather outfits. I don't agree with some of the items being excluded from these options. I think the hot and cold weather tags can do with a rework. As for skirts: with woolen tights they can be perfect for cold weather wear.

Same here.

Cold category can be tricky because climate is a thing in the game, so you can have Sims from Sulani dressed for winter but it probably looks more like rain gear or just long sleeves, while a Sim from Windenburg will probably be more bundled for snowfall.

So my Sims tend to look wonky anyway, with my Mermaids walking around in blizzards with only one layer and a long, split skirt if they visit a colder climate, lol.

But I do generally consider long skirts part of winter wear, as well as the knit and some patterned leggings that can be worn with shorter skirts.
    #Team Occult
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    While I'm at it, I also wish we could layer skirts on top of pants...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I want all the above please. :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I often have sims wear improper clothes for winter, that would be more suitable to cold indoors rather than cold outdoors, but unlike real life, at least the sims don't freeze.

It's a shame that there's not an "outerwear" category so sims wear coats, hats and shoes outdoors but don't do so indoors, particularly inside their own home. I know some people wear hats indoors so maybe there could be a toggle for that option.

I always give my sims at least one indoor cold weather outfit and one outdoor cold weather outfit, and make sure they wear the right attire depending on whether they are indoors or outside. I rarely bother with raincoats because who wants to wear a raincoat indoors? If there was an outerwear category it would be easier to dress sims appropriately.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.