Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims not taking care of themselves, toddlers and infants whilst away

My households are a bit insane I suppose, I do have large families right now. They just keep asking and wanting children... so there's a massive baby boom. Perhaps this is why it's standing out to me a lot right now and it's actually always been this way - honestly can't tell. But if you go out with one sim, to focus on their social life away from the home, or they go to work their active career/active schoolday, by the time they come home, the entire house is in disarray.
The infants are nearly dying of hunger, they're pooping their pants - they're crying and they're angry. The caretakers are hungry and stinky and tired. Like what in the actual world is happening whilst we've been away?!

Now, sims isn't difficult, and in no time everything is back into order. I don't mind if you leave someone at home and it's sometimes like this, like something went wrong ;) it can happen. But this is very dysfunctional and chaotic. Is there no way to ensure that the children are taken care off, when there is a parent or caretaker back at home?

We can't go back to what it was like in the Sims 2, where everything just paused and you got back and it was as though no time had passed, but I am missing it right now.

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I know it's probably not a popular opinion, but I really miss the Sims 2 time stop. I liked that I could return to my households and pick up exactly where I left off, it made rotational play so much better. And I would still see my Sims out and about and anything that happened while they were out, still happened, like if someone became a Vampire. I watched Vampirism spread through my game and households like crazy, but I loved it.

I'd love it if the next iteration returned to the time stop households but I don't see it ever happening, unfortunately.
    #Team Occult
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I miss the time stop in sims 1 and Sims 2,and i'm hoping Sims 5 will have the time stop that the first Sims games had.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?