Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can infants learn milestones faster? [Growing Together]

FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
It feels like infants learning milestones takes a lot of spamming the same interaction over and over and takes a long time. Maybe if the person teaching them has a high Parenting skill or the Family-Oriented trait they learn faster? Is there anything we as the player can do to get infants to speed up a bit when they learn their milestones?
Post edited by Future on

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Future wrote: »
    It feels like infants learning milestones takes a lot of spamming the same interaction over and over and takes a long time. Maybe if the person teaching them has a high Parenting skill or the Family-Oriented trait they learn faster? Is there anything we as the player can do to get infants to speed up a bit when they learn their milestones?

Their traits or quirks might effect how they learn things. Trying different activities in rotation and filling needs in different ways might make it easier to find them than repeating the same interaction.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Their traits or quirks might effect how they learn things. Trying different activities in rotation and filling needs in different ways might make it easier to find them than repeating the same interaction.

I had a Sim attempt to teach an infant to stand like 12 times in a row, but they still never learned it. I then switched over to teach to crawl and the infant learned that after the 3rd action. So I’m still at a loss in terms of understanding.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I had a Sim attempt to teach an infant to stand like 12 times in a row, but they still never learned it. I then switched over to teach to crawl and the infant learned that after the 3rd action. So I’m still at a loss in terms of understanding.

If it helps, I found the infant learned to pull himself up in my game after I let him play in a room with a sofa. His parents had been teaching him to stand and then he suddenly went straight over there and did it himself.
    There's a balance, I think. Some activities and milestones require a caregiver to help, others the infant can do alone if left to his/her own devices.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    MadameHardyMadameHardy Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Future said:
    > It feels like infants learning milestones takes a lot of spamming the same interaction over and over and takes a long time.

I actually came here to make a similar post! Toddler interactions are fun; infant interactions are limited and have to be repeated forever until you can get them walking and talking. I'm finding raising an infant to be extremely grindy.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    > @Future said:
    > It feels like infants learning milestones takes a lot of spamming the same interaction over and over and takes a long time.

I actually came here to make a similar post! Toddler interactions are fun; infant interactions are limited and have to be repeated forever until you can get them walking and talking. I'm finding raising an infant to be extremely grindy.

Maybe it's because toddlers can learn skills on their own, so it doesn't take much effort on your part. They can just go off and learn. But infants require you to tell your older Sim to interact with them. And you can have to select that interaction again and again and again... so it's less fun to me after a while. If infants could have little objects they can use on their own to learn their milestones and stuff I'd like it more.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    maybe when ui cheats are updated for the expansion you can right click to complete them.
  • Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    maybe when ui cheats are updated for the expansion you can right click to complete them.

Yea I hope it’s updated to add that functionality.
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I've actually found that 3 or more infants together will rocket social milestones really fast. The crawl and movement ones are kinda slow though to me...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Once the infant had learned how to roll onto their back and their front, they can then do Tummy Time alone. I may be wrong but I think they can also practice crawling and standing alone when they get near that stage. That may free up some of the parents time and keep little one occupied too. ;)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    How long was the Infant a newborn? I ask because I ended up creating an experiment. I played way too quickly, when Infants were patched in. Mind you I did wait until GrT was installed, but I aged the newborn up on day three (I play on Long) and it seemed to be taking a very long time for the Infant to 'get it' if you will. Then my gaming rig gave up the ghost. I started playing with a copy of my backup on my laptop.

I took my time after baby was born. Even though, this time age up was in the menu from day one. (In said first experience, it didn't show up until day three). I didn't age him up until I got the notice, he was having a birthday soon. He's learning things in rapid pace, now, but without experimenting further, I'm not in a position to say that's the answer. He can crawl (although he won't do it consistently and doesn't have the milestone, as a result. but his latest milestone was blowing a kiss. (I missed seeing it, sadly.) As for his traits, he's cheeful; a happy spitter and can't recall what else at the moment.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Pretty sure the traits have more to do with it than anything else - my infants learn the same (with the same trait) whether I age them up directly or wait until their birthday.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    I turned aging off while on the infant stage, since I found it too much and didn't want to miss out. But then I moved and bam; all of the infant milestones disappeared. He had so many! And now they're gone right after a move. Ugh.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    HomeMama wrote: »
    I turned aging off while on the infant stage, since I found it too much and didn't want to miss out. But then I moved and bam; all of the infant milestones disappeared. He had so many! And now they're gone right after a move. Ugh.

If you aren't against mods, there's one out that can help you get them back. https://www.patreon.com/posts/80693931
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited April 2023
    @HomeMama that's a bug, in fact it's one of the bugs preventing me from buying the pack till it's fixed...
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-resetting-disappearing/td-p/12394945
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    @HomeMama that's a bug, in fact it's one of the bugs preventing me from buying the pack till it's fixed...
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-resetting-disappearing/td-p/12394945

Yeah it's annoying, but I couldn't wait LOL! I'll just have to keep my infant in place until they age up or whatever. I hope that will be good enough to keep their milestones. Not sure though.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    My sims infant daughter can eat baby food which is yogurt her favorite she can also roll over scoot and sit up all by herself