Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your Achievement score? Brag Away!

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited March 2023
    HomeMama wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I never even knew there is a score for the achievements. I generally just play and don't pay much attention to the achievements. My current score is 1 705, mainly due to my supersim Callisto who is completing all aspirations. I play on pc with a save that started about two years ago.

That's awesome! Gosh, how do y'all stick to one save?

I honestly don't know how people change saves. I get too attached to my little sims, and then I want them to have the right friends, the right neighbors, the right dating partners/future spouses, the right club members, the right person to own their favorite cafe... and then I get interested in the stories for those sims...

Edited to add: also, I'm lazy, and I don't want to put all that work into recreating the changes I've made to all of the worlds over and over again. I know some people do a template save with their updated worlds, but so far I've been too lazy to do it even once.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    In my Under The Tartosan Sun story I'm up to 1085, which is way more than I would have guessed. When I get a notification that I've completed something I usually click it away and keep playing. I would have guessed maybe 100 or 200 pts. My Schemes & Dreams story is right there, 200 exactly. The UtTS save will be a year old sometime in April, S&D is only about 4 months old.

While I was trying to find those numbers I discovered I'm almost at the 10K hours played mark. About another week or two and I should reach that milestone.
  • Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I never even knew there is a score for the achievements. I generally just play and don't pay much attention to the achievements. My current score is 1 705, mainly due to my supersim Callisto who is completing all aspirations. I play on pc with a save that started about two years ago.

I honestly don't know how people change saves. I get to attached to my little sims, and then I want them to have the right friends, the right neighbors, the right dating partners/future spouses, the right club members, the right person to own their favorite cafe... and then I get interested in the stories for those sims...

Edited to add: also, I'm lazy, and I don't want to put all that work into recreating the changes I've made to all of the worlds over and over again. I know some people do a template save with their updated worlds, but so far I've been too lazy to do it even once.

Wow that would be an incredible save. I think perfection is my block. I want the same thing...right job, right spouse, etc. Then I end up making some "mistake" and start over. lol
  • Options
    In my Under The Tartosan Sun story I'm up to 1085, which is way more than I would have guessed. When I get a notification that I've completed something I usually click it away and keep playing. I would have guessed maybe 100 or 200 pts. My Schemes & Dreams story is right there, 200 exactly. The UtTS save will be a year old sometime in April, S&D is only about 4 months old.

While I was trying to find those numbers I discovered I'm almost at the 10K hours played mark. About another week or two and I should reach that milestone.

Oh wow! That's awesome. I'm at 3600 hours, but I've never passed 1000 achievement pts just because I keep starting over. Although, I've started over so many times I'm great at rags to riches, LOL. I keep getting a million and then get bored and start over. I think I need to play differently.
  • Options

Oh wow! That's awesome. I'm at 3600 hours, but I've never passed 1000 achievement pts just because I keep starting over. Although, I've started over so many times I'm great at rags to riches, LOL. I keep getting a million and then get bored and start over. I think I need to play differently.

Thank you. I used to do the same thing, constantly restarting. For me the cure was becoming a SimLit writer. Both of my main saves are for those stories so I have to keep them going. Otherwise I still be suffering from restart-itis.🙂
  • Options

Thank you. I used to do the same thing, constantly restarting. For me the cure was becoming a SimLit writer. Both of my main saves are for those stories so I have to keep them going. Otherwise I still be suffering from restart-itis.🙂

That's so cool! Glad you found a way.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Since PC tracks achievements by save file and not account, I don't bother. I also don't have any long standing saves. My goal is to eventually get around to making a super sim (complete all the things).

Console achievements are saved to the account. I have an achievement save I started on PS5 but haven't gotten very far.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I honestly don't know how people change saves. I get too attached to my little sims, and then I want them to have the right friends, the right neighbors, the right dating partners/future spouses, the right club members, the right person to own their favorite cafe... and then I get interested in the stories for those sims...

I've been that way as well, but that changed with the last update. I play with mods and so many broke. I still have a large folder of uncleared mods on my desktop. So I started a new save.

I am enjoying it because it's interesting seeing the new changes brought about by the new update. I don't know if I'll ultimately stick with it or go back to the old save. I think I may make some template saves at certain points if I stick with it.
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Part of my problem is that I tend to play vampires, and usually the ones I create, I end up pushing to full skill so they live and end up outliving their children... Example, my longest played save only has 100 pts, because I dont normally focus on the offspring. Amazing that some have managed to attain that many points, good job!
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Since PC tracks achievements by save file and not account, I don't bother. I also don't have any long standing saves. My goal is to eventually get around to making a super sim (complete all the things).

Console achievements are saved to the account. I have an achievement save I started on PS5 but haven't gotten very far.

So console tracks achievements on multi saves?
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

I've been that way as well, but that changed with the last update. I play with mods and so many broke. I still have a large folder of uncleared mods on my desktop. So I started a new save.

I am enjoying it because it's interesting seeing the new changes brought about by the new update. I don't know if I'll ultimately stick with it or go back to the old save. I think I may make some template saves at certain points if I stick with it.

Good idea! I never thought of save files being templates. That's a really good idea. I think I might work toward that at some point.
  • Options
    blaq797 wrote: »
    Part of my problem is that I tend to play vampires, and usually the ones I create, I end up pushing to full skill so they live and end up outliving their children... Example, my longest played save only has 100 pts, because I dont normally focus on the offspring. Amazing that some have managed to attain that many points, good job!

I like vampires, too. My current sim just had Vlad's baby. I wanted to start a new save LOL and have her have one normal baby and one vampire, and I'm planning to make the vampire my supersim. I want to play on normal lifespan, but I may turn off aging for that sim during infant and toddler. I like to grind at skills, but I want to learn to play differently. Still have to have one grinder though.

How are they outliving their children if they're vampires? Don't they only have vampire children?
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Well, let's take Vlad for example. His base/stock coding is to fear the daylight. Meaning, if you accidently send him out in winter to build a treehouse, you might/will lose him due to burning up.

Many of the vampires will live longer if their skills include sun resistance, however, even without that, they still live fairly long, until getting caught in the sun or some other thing.

Also, I usually either create a family to raise one or two teens up in mind or a single sim, so the babies may come out vamp or sim...

One game has like 115 children from one sim, most of those seem to have come out vampire... Those who were born early on as normal have mostly died in that save.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    blaq797 wrote: »
    Well, let's take Vlad for example. His base/stock coding is to fear the daylight. Meaning, if you accidently send him out in winter to build a treehouse, you might/will lose him due to burning up.

Many of the vampires will live longer if their skills include sun resistance, however, even without that, they still live fairly long, until getting caught in the sun or some other thing.

Also, I usually either create a family to raise one or two teens up in mind or a single sim, so the babies may come out vamp or sim...

One game has like 115 children from one sim, most of those seem to have come out vampire... Those who were born early on as normal have mostly died in that save.

OH! I didn't know that children of vamps could by normal sims!! I've only ever had a vampire come from a vampire, never a normal sim from a vampire. So I was confused. I thought, well aren't the children vampires who also live immortal lives? I guess I haven't done enough sim "breeding" to know that.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I feel stupid cos I've looked really hard and I can't find any achievement points. I'm sad now cos I can't join the party.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 thanks, lovely. I'm in bed now but I'll look in the morning x
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    2620 :o Not entirely sure how I got that high, but if I had to guess it's from setting up all the people in my base game. Still, I thought I'd be at like 500 or something, lol
  • Options

Oh thank you so much! I'm sorry I didn't see your post until this morning, @elanorbreton ! Welcome to the party!!
  • Options
    Carmine wrote: »
    2620 :o Not entirely sure how I got that high, but if I had to guess it's from setting up all the people in my base game. Still, I thought I'd be at like 500 or something, lol

That's so high to not even notice, lol, but it seems to be common reading these responses that players who don't notice achievements are achieving more.
  • Options

So, I just got two achievements in my game that I've rarely got before. One is mix 100 drinks at the bar. I just don't focus on it and all of a sudden I achieved it for the first time. Also, sadly, I've only got Played Sims 4 for 24 hours a handful of times. I usually quit before that and have only surpassed that like 3 times. But I just did it again! I was shocked, too, because I've only been playing this save for like a week.
  • Options
    Haha, after all that, I've got a measly 60 points. Not quite enough to brag about lol.

I don't even know how I got 50 of them either lol. 10 was for having a full house of 8 sims, the other 50 says for visiting 25 different lots. I presume that means me and not my sims, cos there's no way they have visited more than 2, but I have been building on many.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    What game menu is this in? I looked all over Origin, the Sims starting page, and the Options menu, but I couldn't find it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    It's in the main popup menu where you find the save and exit buttons. It's down towards the bottom and greyed out until you enter 'Live' mode.
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    What game menu is this in? I looked all over Origin, the Sims starting page, and the Options menu, but I couldn't find it.
    If you look a few posts up, simgirl kindly posted a link to a picture of it.