Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I take my sim's photo's and make them family portraits

2...Next

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Great tip ty- would this work with selfies too? as my sims at alot of selfies with family members - they would love to frame

Yes! Of course! ;) A photo is a photo. Make sure to have the §2000 camera though. Phones can only take small photos.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Thanks so much!! I also recommend using the Moschino SP camera and tripod, I managed to take nice photos with it. When you want to take a picture of a sim with an infant though it does not work for some reason.

same i tried to take photo with the Moschino pack also didnt work for me also so uninstalled it - even the photoshoot studio nothing happens when i try to take pics of my sims - so i just take selfies of my sims now

It works for me. Could be setting it up wrong? Maybe? I do have to say the Moschino pack stuff is a bit tricky to use.

Keep in mind for a 'take photo of', things could be blocking the setup, even in base-game mode. 'Take photo of' works no mater what. You just don't get any emotional aura attached to the photo.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Great tip ty- would this work with selfies too? as my sims at alot of selfies with family members - they would love to frame

Yes! Of course! ;) A photo is a photo. Make sure to have the §2000 camera though. Phones can only take small photos.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Thanks so much!! I also recommend using the Moschino SP camera and tripod, I managed to take nice photos with it. When you want to take a picture of a sim with an infant though it does not work for some reason.

same i tried to take photo with the Moschino pack also didnt work for me also so uninstalled it - even the photoshoot studio nothing happens when i try to take pics of my sims - so i just take selfies of my sims now

It works for me. Could be setting it up wrong? Maybe? I do have to say the Moschino pack stuff is a bit tricky to use.

Keep in mind for a 'take photo of', things could be blocking the setup, even in base-game mode. 'Take photo of' works no mater what. You just don't get any emotional aura attached to the photo.

i had the photo shoot studio set up? and there was tripod and tried to take photo of my sim and his daughter and they are posing and nothing happens? i tried it few times - i took photo with phone camera instead. How do i use the regular camera? when i click on it just says put in inventory

i got frustrated then uninstalled the pack haha
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited March 2023
    i had the photo shoot studio set up? and there was tripod and tried to take photo of my sim and his daughter and they are posing and nothing happens? i tried it few times - i took photo with phone camera instead. How do i use the regular camera? when i click on it just says put in inventory

i got frustrated then uninstalled the pack haha

Before I lost all my saves a few months ago, I had a photo studio built by myself in the Delgato house on the 3rd floor. (It was supposed to be for veterinarian stuff, but I did that on the 1rst floor instead.).
    I actually had it working quite well. I could try to rebuild it in a similar way.
    -
    Clicking on the camera in inventory should give you the options to take a photo. Or 'take a picture' in layman terms. I'll make a little video without my voice. Editing is a pain and takes forever.
    I respect those people that take the time to do it. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    jus1nickie wrote: »
    I will definitely do this. Thank you, this is awesome. Honestly never would have thought of this.

It is a huge pleasure :)
    I hadn't thought of taking a picture of the family portrait. That's a really good idea! Also, thanks for the link to the portrait. I use Ravasheen's family portrait version, which is simpler than the gift one but not as big.

I am so glad someone did upload it for others, I did a quick google and was relieved to find it LOL, Happy simming :)
    Guys I found out how to make our photo's even more special, but this time we have to install mods. I just thought I would see if the gallery poses work with the family portrait as well and they do :o

GIIdldk.png

Now I need to go hunt for gallery poses LOL
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    I didn’t know the family portrait item even existed!! Thank you @mcrudd for the helpful tutorial! I missed this promotion and I’m heartbroken that my sims are missing out, especially now with growing together. I prefer not to use mods so I’ve started a thread over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Family-Portrait/m-p/12468830 hoping that they may offer this item again 😊
  • KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Yeah, it bugs me how limited picture taking is in this game... like both with the phone and with the studio you can't take photos of more than 3 Sims together at a time and you can't choose which poses they're in beyond just randomizing it. Can't even take pictures with infants, toddlers, or pets without the "Mosquito Stuff" pack as Li'l Simsie calls it :D
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
    Lecca wrote: »
    I didn’t know the family portrait item even existed!! Thank you @mcrudd for the helpful tutorial! I missed this promotion and I’m heartbroken that my sims are missing out, especially now with growing together. I prefer not to use mods so I’ve started a thread over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Family-Portrait/m-p/12468830 hoping that they may offer this item again 😊

You can still take beautiful photos without the frame, just need to get your timing and placements of where the sims are right or have them pose. Here is my latest wall and I used some selfies, photo of and the family portrait option. The one where the teen is at the splash park was just timing and take photo as the option. It took a few tries because my sim was not in the right spot or angle, or the teen was not the right pose or looking at the camera. I did however go and bump your thread and added my little 5 cents too ;)

IGQN4f3.png
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    Yeah, it bugs me how limited picture taking is in this game... like both with the phone and with the studio you can't take photos of more than 3 Sims together at a time and you can't choose which poses they're in beyond just randomizing it. Can't even take pictures with infants, toddlers, or pets without the "Mosquito Stuff" pack as Li'l Simsie calls it :D

I agree, if you have 8 sims in a household and use the place marks then surely you can have 7 sims pose for a photo and not just 3. I was very disappointed the first time I noticed that.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    This is a cool tip! Definitely will try it sometime! My hack with getting photos, especially if I want a scenic background, is to add a fully skilled photographer to the family temporarily and then they can take some nice pics and then I just toss the pics into one of my family member's inventories. This works extra well if you play with mods and use pose player.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Lecca wrote: »

I added a me too because I hope this offer will be repeated again. Problem with using the modded version of the family frame is that all the photos I take of it are considered cc, even when I remove the cc frame. The photo still works after removing the cc family portrait but any lot uploaded with the photo will be considered cc.
    where can i find the multi colored frames? i only found the frames from the Growing Together only
    edited April 2023
    This is a cool tip! Definitely will try it sometime! My hack with getting photos, especially if I want a scenic background, is to add a fully skilled photographer to the family temporarily and then they can take some nice pics and then I just toss the pics into one of my family member's inventories. This works extra well if you play with mods and use pose player.

What a super aweSim idea @permanentrose thank you :) I am sure there are people that use the pose player that would love this <3
    where can i find the multi colored frames? i only found the frames from the Growing Together only

are you talking about these @fazemanpress ?
    26wE6Qg.png

Those are just normal photo's when you click on add frame, those colours are yellow, blue and light wood at the top and dark wood and red at the bottom. It is not one of the actual empty frames you put photo's in ;)
    mcrudd wrote: »

What a super aweSim idea @permanentrose thank you :) I am sure there are people that use the pose player that would love this <3

are you talking about these @fazemanpress ?
    26wE6Qg.png

Those are just normal photo's when you click on add frame, those colours are yellow, blue and light wood at the top and dark wood and red at the bottom. It is not one of the actual empty frames you put photo's in ;)

yes these frames - wow really didnt know you can change colors of frames - thank you
    yes these frames - wow really didnt know you can change colors of frames - thank you

It is a huge pleasure, happy simming :)

An AweSim tip from @blueybluesky in quote below <3
    I use the Q and E keys when taking pictures of the infants on the ground with the tripod. It lets the angle go up and down to get some better pictures, don't know if that helps. Here are some I've taken doing that.
    q6fX2HW.png

• JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2023
    Great thread! I wanted to make some family portraits but without their pets and also wanted to include some with the grandparents. Using an idea I saw posted somewhere about transferring photos to households by saving a room with the photos, I saved my main family and both households with the grandparents and used them in a new game to create various portraits with all of them together, with his parents, with her parents, and the kids with their grandparents. So I could remove the pets and add and remove people from the household without screwing up my game save, just had to remember to pull the photos out of inventory and put them up on a wall before I deleted anyone who I was using to take pics. I also used the Ravasheen mod to do some scenic family portraits. Their daughter is a toddler now but I aged her back to infant to retroactively get a few with her and her grandparents. Then I saved the room that had all the photos up on the walls, loaded the room into the yard on their lot in my main game save and was able to pull all the photos from there. This is just a sampling of some of their pictures.
    52920362202_07301ed978_z.jpg
    Post edited by JimG72 on
    edited May 2023
    @JimG72 Wow your family portraits look amazing, and thanks for the tip on how to transfer them in between different household houses :)
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited May 2023
    Thank you for this tutorial!
    It is really a wonderful addition when you don't use mods.
    This thread should get pinned.
    I plan to move our couples temporarly in separate households to shoot couple pics <3
    31ffe29f964aeb3d55820c2dcca9324e8eba95f7.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Thank you for this tutorial!
    It is really a wonderful addition when you don't use mods.
    This thread should get pinned.
    I plan to move our couples temporarly in separate households to shoot couple pics <3

It is a huge pleasure, so happy you like it :) Have fun with your households and couple pics. Happy simming <3

• becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
    becks1112 wrote: »
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

It is a huge pleasure, happy simming <3
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2023
    I had been using Scumbumbo's Paint from Reference mod for all my album needs, but it's not a pose mod. I needed pose mods to get my sims to do what I wanted them to do and that was a pain sometimes. I didn't know about this(that you gave info on) until today. So basically this uses the household manager portraits but lets you select which poses. Sounds much easier. Glad you shared this.
    SamDenny wrote: »
    I had been using Scumbumbo's Paint from Reference mod for all my album needs, but it's not a pose mod. I needed pose mods to get my sims to do what I wanted them to do and that was a pain sometimes. I didn't know about this(that you gave info on) until today. So basically this uses the household manager portraits but lets you select which poses. Sounds much easier. Glad you shared this.

aww I am so glad this is easier for you. I love having my sim's houses full of family portraits, I sure wish there was easier ways to do it, but for now I will do it using the family portrait to pose and take photo's :)