Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg hahahahahaha i'm laughing out loud at this - the way you've got Evie's awkwardness down to a tee.

@Metior_Ice It turns out I do! I'm such a novice at this game, thanks for teaching me how to use it & do things that should be very obvious to me!!

@DaniRose2143 Your builds are always so good - you have such patience creating all of them, I always just go to the gallery and get something that's already been made. This set makes me excited for the next chapter of S&D.
    s54gWQ5.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    @hellohannah2 Thank you. That’s really sweet of you to say.❤️ I used to do the same thing, and sometimes I still do. Rise & Grind coffee shop in UtTS is one that I downloaded. The movie set won’t be in the new chapter of S&D. I still have a lot to do before that build is finished. I’m working on it in the morning before work and working on the stories after. On the weekends I split my time between the two.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Sofmc9, page 1125,
    Thank you!

I've been playing Sims 4 offline for a good few days. This is because I'm going to wait until at least MCCC is updated.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    @DreamPrincess I love the outside of Dianthus Hall! Looks like a great pool. I’ve managed to befriend a bunny before and buy a tree stump, but I’ve not done it with birds yet. I should make more of an effort! It can take a while to befriend them, though.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I couldn't wait any longer so I aged up the twins, I wasn't sorry because they got Eliza's hair! However poor, Jack got Thomas' big nose. Heh
    QeGQ4cz.png
    All the kids playing with the Lego table.
    mBl6ner.png

I will be aging them back down to infants once I'm able.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,499 Member
    @Metior_Ice Loved it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @Kerrigan Oh, dear …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    I did post it elsewhere too, but anyway,

game now totally vanilla, new save.. Lisa needs to wait till most mods okay.

I made parents for Babs, Barney and Barbara

4WM4eBn.png
    cwsk7K5.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    So, yesterday, I started a newer save; another alien/vamp family. Focusing on the kids...

About the end of the first week of play ingame, I'm shocked to find that Bobbi is free to graduated highschool early. Early the following week, her brother follows suit. At which point, I move them to Britchester in their own little house and proceed to push both of them in the skills heavily while Bobbi goes thru britchester for art history degree. At this point, theyre still teens and remained so until this morning, when they aged up between the brother's first and second college term at Foxbury...

Anyway, it was the first time I've played a sim with the overachiever trait and thus far, its been interesting.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
    @DaniRose2143 wow, I wonder if that's why the game kept my two gals bald, after I had taken them both into cas.fulleditmode to replace the cc hair! It happened more than once! Driving me completely over the edge.
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @Kerrigan So Edmond was a dormant wolf all along huh? That why he wanted to join up with them so bad... well, hopefully he'll remember enough to realize what happened!
    Also, uh-oh! So many children of the night around recently! :D

@DaniRose2143 Whoa! I know that kind. The sort of "uncle" that kind of looks a lot like you, huh? Interesting to know those are in your world. XD A daywalker, too. Well, well, well...
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited March 2023
    Well, I’m happy I got an update posted yesterday. Woke up early today feeling sick. 😷 So, that’s a fun development.

As soon as I feel up to it, I’ll catch up on updates and the forums… I might test out the mods to see how much damage the update has done later tonight. I don’t know. I keep my mods and cc to the minimum so the damage might not be as bad for me. I can think of only 2 or 3 mods that actually have any significance to my gameplay,
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
    So, I can’t play the Sims without updating it seems… Should I take the plunge and see what happens? What should I do to protect my existing saves?
    I just discovered that there’s an archery mod!! Artemis Masterson can finally live up to her namesake!!
    (Artemis was the goddess of the hunt in Greek mythology and one of her symbols was a bow and arrow!!)
    @Metior_Ice Before you go online and download the update make backups of your saves, mods, and tray folders. Keep them on your desktop, on an external hard drive or thumb drive. It's looking like I have no choice to go online and take the update if I want to play. I'm having no end of issues launching my game offline and when I do get it running it's all kinds of messed up. All of the cc on my sims and their lots no longer shows up. It's still in CAS and BB, but in live mode they are naked, bald, and shoeless and living in an empty shell. I'm at my wits end with this.
    @BlueSeaWaves I just want to say that I love that the Awesome Racoon is still your profile picture. Reminds me of one of your older stories!

Also,
    Maybe Nora will become best friends with Reese later. For now, she has Warner, so things look hopeful. I’m glad that it seems like Colette got away from Nancy and it has stated that way.

Can’t wait to see Reese as an infant!

@Brd709
    Jayce and Daisy looked so defeated with the triplets around them. Originally, I wanted my main twins to be triplets, but when Arihi had twins… After doing everything possible to increase the chances of trips without cheats, I went with it.

The trips will be handful in the future. I know that twin merboys were and are difficult to keep up with.

Are you sure giving up the Gym will be enough? To raise my twins, I created an entirely new floor of the house. :D

Also, go easy on yourself. Weddings are a challenge and there are more people than you know that run late. I’ve assisted customers with buying formal attire an hour before a wedding. Things happen.

@DaniRose2143 and @luciusstorm
    Seeing Judith in your stories makes me want to include her as a villain. I don’t know if she will be a Villain like Damion that will stick around or a story arc Villain. I’ll need to decide eventually.

@DaniRose2143 Thank you for the advice. I will do that before updating.

@GalacticGal
    I’m glad you loved the update. Do you have a thread for Erik’s Story? I know I have some catching up to do.

For everyone else, I’m doing my best to catch up, and I’ve been leaving awesomes. The stories I struggle the most catching up on are the ones without their own thread. It takes a bit for me to go back into this thread and find anything I missed.

Still, I’ve seen a lot of amazing updates!
    Made copies of everything and placed them on the desktop. Infants don’t add to merfolk gameplay, so it’s not a life stage I’m in a hurry to play. I wasn’t as excited as others were, but I’m still happy for everyone that was looking forward to it.

Regardless, I’d rather be happy for others than upset. Hopefully, with everything backed up, I can check the state of my game and continue playing soon.

I have so much to share and do now with the mods for merfolk! I just can’t wait to play. Lol 😆
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Made copies of everything and placed them on the desktop. Infants don’t add to merfolk gameplay, so it’s not a life stage I’m in a hurry to play. I wasn’t as excited as others were, but I’m still happy for everyone that was looking forward to it.

Regardless, I’d rather be happy for others than upset. Hopefully, with everything backed up, I can check the state of my game and continue playing soon.

I have so much to share and do now with the mods for merfolk! I just can’t wait to play. Lol 😆

I wasn't planning on getting the update until at least this weekend but now I have no choice. When I tried launching my game earlier in offline mode it insisted on opening Origin too. I kept getting all kinds of connection errors with Origin and now even items on lots and sims that are base game or pack items from Maxis have been deleted off of my sims and lots. I'm going to have to update so I can repair my game. So much for skipping the update until I was ready.🤷‍♀️
    Ok, the expanded mermaids mod does not seem to have any problems. The only bug I can identify is the one where sims get a red and white appearance with question marks when merfolk use their powers to freeze sims in ice. The Freeze Ray interaction from the Sim Ray isn’t glitched, so I can still get the desired effect if I want to make use of that ability.

I’m still not sure when or if it’s going to be something I use on other sims. So, for now, the game is stable. Going to try and add MCCC now. It appears to be the only thing that needs to be sorted out.
    @DaniRose2143 I’m sorry to hear that. I have very few mods and cc that I use. The Expanded Mermaids Mod, Sea-nery Build Mode Set, and Atlantica CAS CC from Spinning Plumbob are three of the four major mods I use. Both have no issues so far.

I’m going to try and load MCCC now. It’s the only mod that I haven’t tested, but it’s the only one that I use frequently that will need an update if it needs an update.
    I think the only other Custom Content I use is Castaway Buildmode items from Serinion. I don’t credit Serinion in any of my updates because

1. The Custom Content I use is so minor you probably won’t even notice it. It gets very limited use.
    2. I can use the debug versions of a lot of content
    3. Some of the CC doesn’t work as expected
    4. It’s locked behind a paywall and I prefer to use content that anyone can use without paying extra

Some of the only CC that I make greater use of in the future is debug coral in different colors. I even limit where I use it.

And I think the Life Guard Top in CAS is there if I want to use it.

The sad thing is, I would choose to support Serinion regardless because of his merfolk cc. I just don’t want to use his content too much because of the limitations for others.

In short, things will be back to normal very quickly for me.
    The MCCC has a hot fix that works for me, so I’m actually not experiencing any problems. Granted, I was testing the mods and not spending as much time playing.

But, the game isn’t crashing, there are no unusual behaviors I can identify so far, and everything I use mods for appear to be working fine. My merfolk have their tails so half their body isn’t missing. I haven’t used the pose player, but I don’t think I will have any issues.

Things are looking good right now. I hope everyone gets things working again soon.
  • Th3_H0wling_Ch1ldTh3_H0wling_Ch1ld Posts: 144 Member
    Not much happened in my game today except my adult sim kept picking the infant up and putting her down again when the infant needed feeding....

She then just left the kid outside and had a shower-
    My Legacy Family & Story Family are in one Save. Much easier...
    To save people some trouble, I shared a list and links to mods for merfolk in my What are your Merfolk doing today? thread. My update includes a link to the MCCC hotfix.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000738/what-are-your-merfolk-doing-today#latest
    Praise Jeebus! That was scary, but I fixed my game...at the expense of everything I did last night and this morning. How ironic that it wasn't the update that broke it, it was my trying to play offline to avoid the update that broke everything.

I guess I should have made my backups this morning not yesterday morning.🤣 At least I have screenshots of the work I did on the movie set this morning to look at to put it back the way it was.😉
    Not heard of any major, game breaking bugs which is great! I’m really looking forward to getting the new pack and playing with William and Barbara! There aren’t going to be any infants in the Masterson save for ages, Erytheia and Xanthe are only about halfway through the teen stage. Infants seem freaking adorable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top