Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited February 2023

So I do like that they gave us slumber parties and I can implicate that with kids and teens and maybe toddlers.

I love the treehouse hopefully that can be a new kid club hangout. Also a teen hangout spot.

The water park i know I'm going to spend a lot of time there.

Baby showers I'm ecstatic.

Puzzles and Scrabble!!! Yes!!!

Power walking I can see it now npc, neighbors power walking around lol.

Family reunion it seemed I'm happy for that.

Hopefully we have daycares, more accurate playdates.

Of course the infants I'm all for new things when it comes to the Sims so this I'm definitely excited for.

CAS AND BUILD because I like hints lol.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    There is a lot to look forward to. Something that jumped out at me was the seniors walking as a group. I know group walks are coming from what was in the blog posts, but I'm really curious if it's going to be a social event only or will this introduce sims walking together anytime they are in a group. There have been so many times as a storyteller where I've wanted my couples to walk together, side by side, hand in hand, or with an arm wrapped around their SO's shoulder for screenshots. It might be asking too much but even if those options aren't coming with this EP maybe it will lay the foundation for adding those either by mods or in later updates or packs. Fingers crossed for this one.

I really really want to see this wharf they mentioned. That sounds so much like what I was hoping for, a community entertainment hangout spot. I envision it having a lively feel to it. The sort of place you could go nuts making fun community lots for and you could make cater to a young, hip nightlife crowd or make it family oriented with a variety of activities. That is if we get lucky to have some usable, buildable lots at the wharf or close to it. A lot closer than the ones in Copperdale are to the pier there.

The name San Sequoia has so many overt San Francisco/Oakland vibes to it and while we didn't get to see much there was enough visuals to reinforce that. For me anyway. But there is something vaguely familiar about that bridge that kept popping up. I swear I've seen something very similar, but it was on the U.S. East Coast. I'm excited for this one because I can easily work this one into one of my story saves. That said, it is a bit disappointing we didn't get a European world. I would have loved another world that ties Windenburg, Tartosa, and Forgotten Hollow to Mt. Komorebi a bit more. Even a world that fits with Windenburg and Tartosa. To me Windenburg has a Germanic feel. Tartosa feels very Italian, but I can see where others might get a Greek feel. A world that felt like France or Spain would have been wonderful. I'm still excited for San Sequoia all the same. Who knows once we see all of it we may find some European touches.

@DaniRose2143 I know that we have a bridge like that in Boston, it's the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge. (Yes, it's a long name, I think most people just either use Zakim Bridge or Bunker Hill Bridge.) At night when it's lit, the colors shift and change. It turns 20 this year, so it's fairly newish.

#Team Occult
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing the new world. I hope there's a swimmable area or maybe a sims version of Alcatraz.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member

Without even playing it yet, this is my new favorite pack. I’ve been dying for a generations pack and I’ll finally have it. I am beyond excited for…everything! All of it! I can’t wait!

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

The fact that they managed to actually have a family reunion in the trailer is great. Honestly all it was missing was matching t-shirts. There were a surprising amount of sims in that venue actually doing the things and interacting.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    @Hearts4U wrote:
    GROWTH IN MILESTONES
    Through Sims’ experiences and relationships, players will begin to encounter Milestones, which will provide a way of showing players their Sims’ current growth, as well as their lifelong touchstones that continue to impact them as they age. These include overcoming a career obstacle, getting let go from a job, having a midlife crisis, having the family move in and so much more.

It will be interesting to see what kind of character building and continuity of story events that have lifelong impacts will have.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,657 Member
    @LiELF I didn’t know the name but I remember seeing on tv. It seemed like there was one in the Carolinas too, but I could be mistaken. Either way I enjoyed the peek we got today.

• simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    WOW. :love:

I've been waiting for an EP like this since launch and I am so thankful they listened and delivered. The Sims has always been about family gameplay and raising children for me, so this EP is like a dream come true. Generations holds such a special place in my heart and this EP reminds me of it. So many awesome things for children and the infants are fantastic. Plus, I'm glad they didn't forget about elders.

I'll be counting down until launch - but luckily I have another video game to keep me occupied this month. :sunglasses:
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Treehouses and sleeping bags make me soooo happy! And more childhood aspirations! I have done the base game four so many times each...
    I have wanted to be able to introduce the grandparents to the babies and take the babies off lot for a while. Wasn't really looking for anything else in a baby updated but there's a lot of cute stuff here.
    Mostly I'm excited about more stuff for the children, and the multi-age interactions and things like parents being able to use the treehouse with their kids. Finally!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited February 2023
    SOCIAL DYNAMICS

Sometimes Sims just click. Your Sim might have natural social chemistry with a Sim they meet at a party – or they might naturally clash. Your Sim will now have preferences that determine which Sims they are socially compatible with, and which Sims are more likely to become their enemies.

Maybe it's obvious but does this mean an attraction system like TS2 or even TS3? That's what I'm most excited about. For some reason this description is making me think it's going to be a lame watered down version.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    SOCIAL DYNAMICS

Sometimes Sims just click. Your Sim might have natural social chemistry with a Sim they meet at a party – or they might naturally clash. Your Sim will now have preferences that determine which Sims they are socially compatible with, and which Sims are more likely to become their enemies.

Maybe it's obvious but does this mean an attraction system like TS2 or even TS3? That's what I'm most excited about. For some reason this description is making me think it's going to be a lame watered down version.

From the description I don't think it will be the same. I also think it will be more platonic.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

“Maybe specific family members are jokesters together or maybe they are competitive.”

I hope so much that this feature is really good. And that you can involve cousins and things.

• Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    It's going to be a long month and a half. I love almost everything that was shown in the trailer. Somethings are long overdue in my opinion (kid bikes/sleepovers). I hope this introduces some chaos to my sims lives. If nothing else I love the gameplay objects(treehouses/board games). I'm also obsessed with the new hairstyles. So happy we are getting a new lot type, I honestly think every pack should come with one. Also exited for the new events. Really hoping we get a family reunion event.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    pTUhL5w.png
    Little old lady babushka. Throw in the ability to smack people with a chinela, and we can finally represent Portuguese grandmas.

I read that as Chinchilla at first... I was like WUT? OH!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited February 2023
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I wonder how often kids lose teeth and how much money do they get. In a no aging save, you could make a living as a toddler tooth farmer, which is a really unexpected career.

OMG, I Almost inhaled a peanut at this... so IRL, how much does a tooth go for these days?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    pTUhL5w.png
    Little old lady babushka. Throw in the ability to smack people with a chinela, and we can finally represent Portuguese grandmas.

Oh this made me laugh so hard. Now I can't get the image of an old lady in a babushka slapping people around with a highly perturbed chinchilla. LOL!

I am so excited for this pack. There's not one thing I haven't wanted for ages.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    pTUhL5w.png

Oh this made me laugh so hard. Now I can't get the image of an old lady in a babushka slapping people around with a highly perturbed chinchilla. LOL!

I am so excited for this pack. There's not one thing I haven't wanted for ages.

OMG!! The visual of that scenario in my head will not go away!!! :D:D I don't know if I should thank you for the laughs or find a chinchilla to beat Sims with. It'd be a nice change from old Agnes's handbag, but not at the expense of an innocent little fur ball. :D
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    edited February 2023
    there are so many promising things about this pack. the interactions and family dynamics, the milestones and quirks and aspirations, midlife crises, elder gameplay, the treehouse, the gameplay items, the movie theater, the rec center. yes please! :blush: are we getting home videos too or was that just for the trailer? (edit: and the social chemistry system! i'm looking forward to learning more about that.)
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

I am loving that splash pad / water park! And I also love that the elders are getting some attention. I think the world looks great, from what we have been shown so far. I am excited to find out more! 😊 I am a bit wary though... the track record for non-buggy pack release is practically non-existent. 😪

I hope it's great. I really hope it's great. 😊
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    Someone on Reddit pointed this out

ygnf5qxiusfa1.png
    Are we finally getting upright pianos?

OMG yeeeessss! Now let's pray for simple brown, black and white variants.

I must admit I love that colorful version of a piano, though - it gives me 80's vibes :)
    Vyolla wrote: »
    I also really love that we're getting milestones and I cannot wait to see more about them. I'm curious if they're going to be the "memories" from Sims 2..?

That would actually be a nice way to implement memories, as milestones should be fewer and bigger, and not slowing down my game as much as I think TS2 memories did. Not sure, but it sounded like milestones are mostly for younger sims?

Here is a little snippet from the article posted today about the features in the new pack and they mentioned milestones. :)

"Through Sims’ experiences and relationships, players will begin to encounter Milestones, which will provide a way of showing players their Sims’ current growth, as well as their lifelong touchstones that continue to impact them as they age. These include overcoming a career obstacle, getting let go from a job, having a midlife crisis, having the family move in and so much more."

So, it's not just for the younger Sims and makes me soo excited! Because even though Teens didn't get anything in this, I think they'll be able to have some milestones of their own. Aw, yeah, I hope milestones have different 'tiers', like as you said bigger ones.. but maybe some 'small' ones too, like reaching a smaller goal, or something. But nothing too overbearing so it doesn't affect players PCs. :)

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2023

Im very excited, this is the pack ive been waiting for 😊, I'm a family player and occult player, I'm all about playing my family for generations and having an interesting family tree with occults aswell, changing up the gameplay everytime, new generation, new gameplay, all my households are related to each other in a way whether it's there siblings, cousins, aunts ,uncles and of course parents and grandparents, Im soo happy at the fact were getting infants and this pack next month in march, which is my birthday month, I was feeling down that I'm almost exiting my 20s, this has cheered me up 🤣 ps I was born on mothers day in 1995, I was the mother's day present that my mum couldn't take back 🤣🤣