Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's pre-ordering Growing Together ?

Who's pre-ordering Growing Together ? 249 votes

Yes
40% 102 votes
No
41% 104 votes
Not sure yet
17% 43 votes

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I have a lot going on right now in my life and can't get back into playing sims at the moment but I'm going to pre order just to have the bonus for later.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I will pre-order, but nearer release.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I'm still playing on the Werewolf patch, so I guess not, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Every household should be required to have a grumpy wolf with hates children trait just so we can watch the instant rage when one of these kids pops a balloon next to him while he is sleeping.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

I have preordered. I know I’m definitely going to buy it for certain so I just preordered and I don’t need to think about it anymore, it’ll just load once it’s ready. Hope it is good 🙂

• Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I never preordered in the past, except purchasing a few days after the release date.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Definitely not preordering, not even sure if I will buy the pack. The infant carrier, children on bikes and that play castle/treehouse look amazing, but the EP seems to be chock full of gameplay that I find intrusive, like social compability, midlife crisis, random quirks and getting laid off (especially if the company is owned by another played sim).
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I don't pre-order to often, but this pack has me super excited updated family trees, baby showers, gameplay galore, etc.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member

Is there any benefit to preordering? You still get the bonuses for buying early if you don't so I don't see the point.

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I almost pre-ordered today, but stopped myself. I feel like I should at least wait until after the live stream on March 3rd and, maybe, a few Game changer reviews. (I know they aren't called that anymore, but can't remember the current name.) However, I'm so excited, so who knows?

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2023
    Bring on 17th March in New Zealand <3

chg9Tvi.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I said, "Not Sure Yet," but it's really "Other." I know I want this pack. I will definitely buy it, almost certainly at full price, and almost certainly early enough to get the early order bonuses.

I will not be preordering it, though. Not because I think it might be buggy. I know that it will be buggy, and I also know that there's enough good stuff in it that I will want to buy it anyway. I just want to wait a week or two so I can see what specific bugs other people find, so that I can figure out the best way to play around them, or whether I need to wait a while to play.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I won’t be pre-ordering, but I always buy every pack the day of release.This pack is no exception!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,622 Member
    I'm going to wait and see. Some of the new features sound interesting in theory but have the potential to not mesh well with my style of play. So I'm going to want to see how things like Milestones and random quirks work in practice before I decide to add them to my game.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Eventually whenever I get around to it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I never preorder games as you never know the bugs situation. I will watch all of the reviews I can find, and if I find it worth it, will buy it when I can find a discounted price. No TS4 pack is worth $40 to me haha.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Every household should be required to have a grumpy wolf with hates children trait just so we can watch the instant rage when one of these kids pops a balloon next to him while he is sleeping.

Oh, you paint a glorious picture! >:)
    #Team Occult
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member

I already have pre ordered it. I haven't done so since pre-order exclusive items became a thing. I even waited to get Cottage Living and High School Years when the pre order items were no longer in. I kind of hate it that now there are game exclusives that, if you don't get a pack when they're up you'll never be able to get.

Despite this, Growing Together has many stuff that I've been wanting for years and I really don't want to wait like 6 weeks until the exclusives expire.

Happy simming!
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I can't be paying full price for anything, especially expansion packs, with the current inflation. I usually waited for sales for most (with a few favorites being the exception) but now it's 100% I need there to be a sale before I consider any more Sims DLC.

If in the future I could bundle Growing Together with a GP & SP that would be perfect.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2023
    No I won’t be pre-ordering Growing Together, nor buying it. I play mainly young adults so this just doesn’t appeal.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    Me! ;)
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »

HA! I love that and will totally have to do that!

I often buy on Day 1, but will maybe wait a week to see about the severity of bugs.

I, too, am interested in seeing how much the new changes affect my gameplay - they feel like really big changes and I hope they're implemented well. For example, SE's Lifestyles are so intrusive and oddly tuned that I rarely play them, and Wants and Fears are tough to deal with constantly, too.... But if the new Quirks are done like the Get Famous quirks, I can probably handle that.

Can't wait to learn more on March 3rd!
  • solosonyasolosonya Posts: 419 Member
    I have already preordered. Can't wait!
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Nearly all the themes I wanted (excluding werewolves) have been released back to back. But they came at the point I was done buying sims content. So, this is no exception.