Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants Coming March 14!

Comments

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I foresee a gazillion new cc cribs (styles, colours, etc) being made after March 14th.... :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I don't get the meet the Michaelsons thingy. The woman is holding an infant which won't be in the game until a month and a half later? That's a weird decision.

I don't think we're actually getting the EP this week, we're probably just getting the official announcement about the EP this week. Probably they will release the EP and the infants at the same time, or at least the same week.
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    edited January 2023
    somewhsome wrote: »

You might be right! Or they're just keeping with the Sims 4 theme of large objects (cupcake machine, observatory, etc).. :D
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I already age up my babies after 24 hours.

The infants’ clothes look like smaller versions of the toddler clothes we already have.
    I didn’t watch the livestream. But everything seems cute!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I liked toddlers, now babies too?
    It should be interesting to see them grow up.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I didn't see a new changing table per se, but there was what looks like new changing table-type clutter sitting on top of a regular dresser.

I love that they added a boppy.
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Everything looks amazing. I'm also really surprised by the late date, but we've been waiting for this stuff for so long, so what is it for us to wait another month and a half.
    Btw, did anyone see a stroller in that tease? because I didn't...
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member

I am literally never excited about the NPC's that come with the EP's/GP's.... HOWEVER!!!!! I so look forward to this family. YES! Can't wait to see what they are about.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I love the crib and the size seems right to me.

It's been a "few" years but if I remember rightly infants always looked so small when You first move them to a crib. At one time we used the crib for the first part of toddler stage as well.

I remember some let you take one side off/down to turn into a toddler bed. Then moved to a big people bed then next thing you know they are grown with infants/toddlers of their own. Sigh...
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I love the crib and the size seems right to me.

It's been a "few" years but if I remember rightly infants always looked so small when You first move them to a crib. At one time we used the crib for the first part of toddler stage as well.

I remember some let you take one side off/down to turn into a toddler bed. Then moved to a big people bed then next thing you know they are grown with infants/toddlers of their own. Sigh...

With our youngest, we had a bed that came with an optional parts kit to convert it from a crib to a toddler bed to a regular twin-sized bed. He slept in that until... gosh, just a year or two ago?

I don't think we would ever get that, but it would be cute to have something like that, where if our sims had a high enough mechanical skill level, they could do conversions like that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The infants look good. I can't wait for them to arrive. But looks like we have one and a half month of waiting time left. :( infants were promised at the beginning of 2023 but 14th of March is no longer the beginning of the year. The beginning of the year would mean the beginning of the first quarter, not the end of the first quarter. I feel so dumb, I should have seen this surprise extra waiting time coming. At least we now have an actual date.

I don't get the meet the Michaelsons thingy. The woman is holding an infant which won't be in the game until a month and a half later? That's a weird decision.

That means the EP Trailer is coming Thursday. They're one of the new premade families.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    edited January 2023
    The infants look good. I can't wait for them to arrive. But looks like we have one and a half month of waiting time left. :( infants were promised at the beginning of 2023 but 14th of March is no longer the beginning of the year. The beginning of the year would mean the beginning of the first quarter, not the end of the first quarter. I feel so dumb, I should have seen this surprise extra waiting time coming. At least we now have an actual date.

That means update is coming March 14th and the Expansion Pack around that time, maybe the next week after the 14th. I always assumed the EP would come last from the Roadmap so it makes sense. But I'm also disappointed they teased it for so long.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member

I think it may just be a hint to the EP trailer drop tbh
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    Anybody notice the infant biting its moms finger?? Too funny lol
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited February 2023
    I think it's fine that the infant looks like a smaller toddler. What else should it look like?

They might be nearly same size because they use the same high chair? Not sure though, but it would be nice not needing double sets of all toddler stuff. Anyway, they will no longer look same size when the toddler learns to walk/stand up.
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    Ahh, I am so excited! I don't mind the infants looking like toddlers at all, I'm just glad we'll have them. So freakin' adorable!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    March 14th? And the babies update was announced in December? We've been waiting for months for news about babies AND the new EP. The March 14th release date is very disappointing, and keeping the theme of the new EP completely out of the announcements is beyond maddening. The Live Stream was supposed to bring us up to date with everything EA has been hinting at for months. Or so I believed. While I appreciated the sneak peek at the new babies, the knowledge their release is still six weeks away doesn't warm my heart. It kind of ticks me off, to be honest. I guess the time has come to turn off auto updates and play offline again for a few months. I'm a bit weary of updating my mods after every update anyway. I just updated after waiting for months to do that. It seems as though that no small task has become more time consuming, and less enjoyable, than playing the game itself. I'm still looking forward to the new babies and knowing what the new EP is all about. I just long for the days when the hype for new gameplay wasn't based on suppositions. :/
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    So disappointed. Was really hoping they'd drop sooner. Oh well.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I was very happy to see that the infants will have a burp interaction when patted on the back. Makes me wonder if you can play with them like we could in Sims2, and if the caretaker forgets to burp the baby, if baby will spit-up on them! LOL That was entirely too much fun back in the day. While I have to say I was a bit sorry the update wasn't the update, once I learned I managed to destroy my save. (the backup didn't happen because I started out making a copy of the entire Sims4 folder, realizing it was unnecessary, so I stopped it. :open_mouth: Suffer me to say, I didn't sleep as many hours as I truly needed last night and although up early (5AM) it's fair to say I wasn't "exactly working on all thrusters, Jim," I tried to save just the save, but I thought it went somewhere on my desktop. Couldn't find it for the life of me. Sad to say that when I checked inside the Sims4 folder, figuring it was safe for me to pick up where I'd left off, the saves file was EMPTY. I didn't cry. I just sat there, dumbfounded. I spent the day setting up a new save.

So, I am no longer worried about how long a wait we have wait. I'm more worried if I can get Erik and Kayleigh ready to have a baby by then. Sheesh. At least the copy of him I placed in a new save shows he's already a Global Superstar. I just have to have him write his songs, so he can license them and then I can 'let the games begin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    Anything about strollers??? This is so requested over the time so I think it’s a real disappointment if it won’t be included