Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simsmas 2022 - Day 5 - New Year, New Me!

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
Sul sul!

Everyone knows that the best cliché tradition of the New Year is setting totally achievable goals and aspirations for the year to come.

But that sounds super boring, so instead we're going to just make today's challenge about making really cute Simselves and then show them off in a thread :)

Show me what you got!

4zeyUUo.png
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Ooh, handsome. ☺️

Is he available for download? 😄
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    Ooh, handsome. ☺️

Is he available for download? 😄

That would be a question for @EA_Solaire actually.

She has a much better eye for these than I do, so I put my (Sim)life in her hands on this one.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • EA_SolaireEA_Solaire Posts: 1,397 EA Community Manager

@simgirl1010

I've just uploaded him for you- you can download him here :)
    Thank you @EA_Solaire!

I'm going to move him into my SimGuru household. SimGuruNinja will have to school him on the proper way to pronounce live mode. :)
    Thank you @EA_Solaire!

I'm going to move him into my SimGuru household. SimGuruNinja will have to school him on the proper way to pronounce live mode. :)

I'm going to request a dislike button just for this post.
    .... 😂
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Thank you!

So what is the proper pronunciation of live mode? I pronounce with a short I. :D:#
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    Thank you!

So what is the proper pronunciation of live mode? I pronounce with a short I. :D:#

APPARENTLY it depends on who you ask.

The "official" pronunciation rhymes with give. The CORRECT pronunciation rhymes with five.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    New Simmingals? count me in, never too many versions of simmingals :sunglasses:

now if only I shall decide what kind of Simmingal to be in 2023 :hushed:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    7zjtjeP.jpg
    Vampire version of teen me christmastree shopping at night.. She didnt saw tree salesman anywhere...
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

Well, aren't you all cute as buttons? 💙

Here's the 3rd screenshot of my simself on the 5th day of the 12 days of Simselves:

Manbeast01.jpg
    Being the owner of a furry bottom comes in handy when required to sit-pose in the icy-cold snow.
    I took another screenshot in LIVE (rhymes with "SNIFF" )-mode, but that one isn't as cute: Unfortunately I had to transform into this hideous creature known as The Cringe...which is currently the only way I'm able to wear my favourite hat of the season:
    ⬇️
    🎄 2023 you better watch out!
    Manbeast02.jpg
    See the way my simself's bottom doesn't touch the snow when he's The Cringe? Way too cold, hence the socks.

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited December 2022
    Me as a sim made by the very talented friend of mine @lisabee2 <3 Introducing sim Melanie to you all :)

We have sandy sunny Christmases here in New Zealand so I spoiled my selfsim and gave her a white Christmas although still in a beach area ;)

yzyMP0r.png

SyveX0j.png

FlRvzEl.png
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Thank you!

The "official" pronunciation rhymes with give. The CORRECT pronunciation rhymes with five.

Yes. It’s live, like going live, live in five!

Not who lives in a house like this. That always sounds weird when youtubers say it - “liv mode”.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I usually take awkward pictures. I'm glad my simself did too lol. I don't play her, but I did give her the holiday gift of an apartment in her favorite city, so she is happy. :)
    12-23-22-5-24-28-PM.png

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Keeping the Yuletide Merry Have a very Merry Christmas from Blue's House to Yours

xz7utxd.png

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited December 2022
    I recently remade myself as an asari named Artemis who now lives in my sim world as a separate person from my "real" simself. Didn’t have anything to do with Christmas or New Year's Eve, but I think it’s fitting:

Edit: Never mind, I can’t figure out how to include a picture while posting on the mobile.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited December 2022
    I generally don't play simselves. I find it awkward to play myself. No offence to anyone who does like to play a simself, to each their own. But after seeing @Ellupelluellu post a vampire and @CAPTAIN_NXR7 a werewolf, I feel confindent enough to post a spellcaster. Of all my sims she comes closest to a simself both in looks and character. Just the facial features are a bit more like a model than mine but I can never get faces right anyway.
    RnvefW9.png
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited December 2022
    In the absense of infants I therefore am to be Toddler for this Simsmas and New Year
    BUeABgv.png
    I also added my familys first cat, Napkin, because why not she was grumpy queen.
    5wI8seY.png
    vMpQ0Yb.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Thank you!

I consider thr one that rhymes with jive to be correct too, for reasons: one, when you "go live" in a game or production, it means Action is back on. Two, they aren't on die mode when you go into build or buy, so they don't then start living, when you go back to being live, as in live Action. I don't know why my phone keeps capitalizing Action when I type it, annoying.

I'd like to try this challenge even though I bet I would be terrible at making a simself. And making me cute is too much challenge for anyone if we're honest. But when I can slide into some free time on the pc I'll provide some amusement maybe, in trying.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member

Decided to combine two of the Simsmas days into one.
    Here is my simself as a mermaid, luring Greg to his doom singing Greg a tune:

SUephKm.png
    tx8kEWg.png
    kPZxAyH.png
    KJXDyzT.png

"What's that Greg? Ohhh, you wanted a Christmas cracker... I thought you said Christmas Kraken. Sorry, my mistake." >:)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    :D ^^ Thanks for the laugh!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    There would be absolutely nothing cute about my sim-self....and so in the interest of not scaring others, I'll refrain :wink: