Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• ShortyBooShortyBoo Posts: 160 Member
    It's not showing in Origin for me. Just the older kits are listed.
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    I had to quit and restart Origin and let Origin do a client update in order for the kit to show up on my screen.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I was actually looking forward to this but why are the colors so muted? Was hoping for more color.
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    When/if they decide to fix the game, I will consider buying one of these kits, but not before.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    The top with the backback looks so cute. Seperated backpacks in Sims 5, please? I mean, we got seperated tops/bottoms with Sims 2, seperated shoes with Sims 3 and seperated hats with Sims 4, so handbags/backpacks would be the next logical step :)
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited September 2022
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I was actually looking forward to this but why are the colors so muted? Was hoping for more color.

I started to say something like "well, there are probably more colorful swatches" but then I looked and realized I am wrong. They kind of remind me of whatever that period was in the 90s? Somewhere in the 2000s? when it was all neutrals, all the time (it's actually possible that I'm imagining that, though). I like the clothes, but not a lot of joy there.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

I started to say something like "well, there are probably more colorful swatches" but then I looked and realized I am wrong. They kind of remind me of whatever that period was in the 90s? Somewhere in the 2000s? when it was all neutrals, all the time (it's actually possible that I'm imagining that, though). I like the clothes, but not a lot of joy there.
    Yeah it does seem very 90's in a way.
    I like when they give us both colorful and neutral variations of new clothes, should have done the same here.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I love the muted colors. Reminds me of Incheon Arrivals which is one of my favorites. Sometimes I get tired of brights and busy patterns for the kiddos. Plus you can pair it with some of the existing colorful items in game.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    When/if they decide to fix the game, I will consider buying one of these kits, but not before.

I feel the same way. I love that they did this kit as a collab with XUrbanSimsX but I don't want to install another thing when my game barely runs as it is. The last patch was a good start but we need a lot more fixes for High School Years.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I love the muted colors. Reminds me of Incheon Arrivals which is one of my favorites. Sometimes I get tired of brights and busy patterns for the kiddos. Plus you can pair it with some of the existing colorful items in game.

I like them too, and I like the actual garments. I just wish there brighter swatches included as well.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member

That's exactly where I am too. My game hasn't been patched and probably won't ever be, nor will I buy anything till they fix it.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I love the muted colors. Being a kid doesn’t mean that everything has to be eye burning bright and drowning in patterns. Most of the kids clothes in game are bright colors and/or heavily patterned. I’m happy for a change.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Somebody please tell me just what is so exciting about the color gray? It's actually a rather depressing color. Used to help hide our ships during WWII. Now, I do admit clothing done in gray can be nice. I loved it, for instance, when now Sir Paul McCartney was dressed, head to toe in gray monochromatic color scheme. I do think it possible it was the man, and not the color I found exciting. I may just ignore this kit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member

I do believe it was in the 70s. They were very big on what was called Earth Tones.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I find the color gray very soothing and relaxing. My living room and master bedroom are decorated in shades of grey with black and white accents. I also have several outfits in gray which I pair with jewel tones and I love it with pink.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I find the color gray very soothing and relaxing. My living room and master bedroom are decorated in shades of grey with black and white accents. I also have several outfits in gray which I pair with jewel tones and I love it with pink.

My old house was decorated in gray and ruby red with a little black and white thrown in. Everybody loved it! I now love pairing gray with pink, sage green, pastel yellow or even bright yellow and navy. Those colors work for everyone, the home and formal events. I can’t wait until I have time to put together some outfits with these pieces. Gray is definitely a soothing color.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2022

Same here... I like muted colors for clothes in CAS and I wish that I could have been happy buying these kits, I liked the Moonlight Chic Kit but the game is not supported well enough for me to make me want to buy this.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2022
    Purchased the pack because these clothes are great for kids.

New-Kit-Kids.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I love those new kid clothes and I'm currently debating if I should buy the kit or not. I know I shouldn't, before they fix certain bugs, but I'm afraid that they never will and I really want new clothes for my Sim children. I'm trying to resist, but I'm so weak with Sims 4. :tired_face:
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I bought it and like most of the pieces. The only odd thing was the tights. They don't match the dress or anything else. I guess I can use them with other things, but I would have thought they would match something in the kit.

Most of the clothes look nice on the little boys which was needed.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I love the fashions in this kit!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Looking at the outfits the pack looks better than I thought there's actually swatches that don't make your eyes bleed and they did not put that shirt with a bow into the male clothing section. This might be a kit I'd actually get if they ever fix the insane bugs the game currently has and add a pack with actual game play for children because this is not it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"