Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you name your (sim) farm animals?

My current household has a tuxedo cat named Casper, a spotted cow, three hens and a hen chick. (Not to mention two bee boxes and a bug house…)

Wondering if you all name your farm animals. What (if anything) would you suggest for the cow and the chickens?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I started a list, asked for name suggestions, and made a list of those names for the different animals. There were some pretty interesting ideas that came up from other players.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992428/a-list-of-names-for-llamas-cows-chickens-rabbits-and-foxes
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    I used to name them, often using one theme per coop etc. But learning animals grow elderly rather quickly I stopped naming the typical farm animals that are there for business purposes, but still name those that are more like pets, or at least that the household will keep until the animal dies. I rarely use those names any way, so I no longer see them as important.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I only name the ones my sim has built more rapport with. Though I fully admit I'm really bad (and lazy) to come up with pet names myself so I often go with the ones the game suggests.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    I name all of my llamas and cows, but not all of the chickens, and often it's just an uninspired name for the sake of having one.

For chickens I'm partial to flower names, because chickens are kept in bulk and there are so many flower names. Currently I have Rosie, Willow and Linde in one household and in another one Black 1, Black 2, White 1, White 2, Brown 1 and Brown 2.

For cows I default to either Bonnie or Chelsie, except if the family has a reason to choose a different name. No cows in play at the moment.

My only llama is Putzi ("sweetie"), what leads to the combination of "Putzi putzen" ("clean Sweetie") when I brush him.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    edited August 2022
    In my Main Save, where my YA Global Superstar, Erik Cantrell lives, his first Cow was named Magnolia. She recently passed in my game. He now has a brown cow named Charlotte. It's been so long since I played this save (took time to created a flashback save to take him through high school), I can't really recall the name he gave his Llama. Yes, he has a white Llama, finally. And the chickens are named after they hatch, too. Anything from Lady Puffballs, to Admiral Hawkins.

ETA: Thanks to the poster above me I recalled the name of the Llama, Sweet'ems. Yeah, it's strange, but Erik was in an interesting mood that day. ;)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I name them all. My sims have mainly had chickens and though there have been many of them I just always want to name them :D They often have names like Lemon, Bread, Corn and sometimes names like Blackbeard, Poseidon and Hera etc. Once I asked my spouse to name two chicken when I was out of ideas.
  • ShiftclickShiftclick Posts: 20 Member
    I have had a brown cow named Cinnamon(Neil Young). Hens have been named BettyLou(Sawyer Brown), MaryLou(Ricky Nelson) and Black Betty(Ram Jam). I named one of my roosters Wet Willie. As you can see they are named after songs.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Only Monty, the Llama.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I name them all... And then, when they die, I feel sad that little Blossom/Cookie/Georgie/Belinda/Ms Fluffy Feet, etc. etc. have met their maker, so I decide not to name any more animals. So I get replacement animals and call them Hen 1, Llama 2, Chick 3, etc. etc. And then I feel bad that they have no name, it seems so hard-hearted and... practical. So I give them names. And then, when they die, I feel sad that Peter/Mabel/Mr Cotton Ears have met their maker ... and so the cycle goes on. And on. :#
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Sometimes. The game suggested Dolly for a LLama and I had to go with that. I named the cow Moolissa. I haven't named any chickens though, and I have more of those than I do cows and llamas. I guess I am biased towards mammals where names are concerned.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sometimes. Like "Darth Rooster". HEH HEH!!! :D
    DqpazCa.png

EDIT:
    MxiFArF.png
    IcCq2Lc.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2022
    I usually go for the cute names the game generates for llamas. My farmer sims have a couple of cows named Ground Beef, Chuck and Sirloin. Their chickens are named Original, Crispy, Extra Crispy and Spicy lol
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Thanks for the laughs and ideas!! Keep them coming.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited August 2022
    In game I usually see what game suggests first just in case it hits me with fun one

Irl its really just what i end up calling them most (which is how my cat became Dork)

sometimes i like giving them random human names like "Meredith" or whatever just so i can say Meredith pooped in my closet and people be confused

oh or give them like royal titles as prince cuddleworth or something
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited August 2022
    All pets, animals, and familiars in my game get names that I think the sims owning them would give them. For example, the farmer Mrs Blanchard loves the colour white, so her pets and farm animals are all white and have names that mean "white", such as Albus, Bianca, Whitney, and Shiro. A vampire named Mercury has a cat familiar named Sir Wednesday, because Wednesday is the day of the week that represents the planet Mercury.

Sometimes, when I don't have an idea, I just pick a random theme and go with it. In my secondary save, I have a coop of chickens named after heroines from popular book and movie franchises, and when Katniss and Hermione died (because I had forgotten to disable ageing for farm animals), their identical-looking successors were simply called Katniss II and Hermione II.

The only ones I don't name are wild rabbits because they come and go, and don't belong to my sims anyway. Another exception will be my planned Dungeon Keeper household, where the chickens only exist to produce food and no one has any friendly relationships with them.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited August 2022
    Not a farm animal, but a pet. :D
    YNCVYsw.png
    FJ3wxW1.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    My farmer sim has a cow named Milkshake and two llamas named Marshmallow and Biscuit.
    I dont usually name the animal sheds but I did this time. Milkshake's shed is called Milkshake's Yard, Marshmallow lives in the S'More Store and Biscuit's home is The Biscuit Tin.

The chickens have names too, all related to their colour. Such as The Golden Lady and The Dark Lady for the golden and evil hens respectively. And Mrs. Brown fir the remaining brown hen, etc. Their coop is called Hen-Painted.

The rabbits have names too, but those are just the first names that came up when naming them.
    The only pet on the farm is Mayor Whiskers.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    If its nameable in the game, I name it. Its easier for me to figure out who/what is what if it/they have a name. :) Also, I live in a household IRL that names their cars... Farm animals are alive so they get names too!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,011 Member
    I give names to all the animals the game allows me to name. I also have aging turned off for HoB animals, so they live forever. 😁

Crows-A-Lot
    y4mUE4B7njFJJ3oHKTGj9ovmWqVq73sYIMHOs4fE55y3v8THcTDN9pSfCYUWzGbMPzHXq9Lyd9IknVo-EmGyxxx2zVn_zY4uXSJ3ahy4mrvNujyE9S-TSFFIRaMAxrBNsQQHVgSt64P99wMwhDz0WiAsZDIHBKzh8_TbP-9LK7XIRzv6ee6mCJnu7SE9cOG6d41?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Buddy
    y4mdPgxrBqfqleBH-mGebPCsAtz8v4gpC0GK4V1bLYSQw1dOxwokBpbVw_X0a2ma84oVAwO-9EE2zFmZXVRebv8t2mRbYYflnWCSe48cig8rr63i-usQEr6rhrWqXg_xu1g5Pu8IAlUC2aYAFbpKkNA4lLWdEH4ZcpyazPU8I0aos8vABHf_0E-Oyc2aIAxUmBY?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Hopper
    y4m1hs2AHOtcz93i8W35s08WlgY7LE4n4p2EFILJHTIY2OBu2UuTW_rIHgezZQCd7F__XlPpItL7xnSZEfB-WTyrSa5I1IrGk3cCyTIyqokdXzGjX7Fx6lE4odJmPACnWp2FqL4HnVgL8YQ84UEBWYaFX--4KYPs8kFwLVxK9RT1-j4czadlwkDfBUY0Z7rkLkY?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Ghost and Smoke
    y4mtPWzSOGrEAPwOzYq0ID1lOrxGzPUyl_iTeYwV-RCKY03ortS_fszkhshvMfb8hwaK1hZJ0217uY726nMJ0swWeMUIR6i-WVWCf7zwKawz70PhZf9evAWCG10ZKS_YgUYo2dEVjndPej9_c5SaK50diC1exF3lIO1PlyfsSy99LJ3H8OTkhj0KrKb9Imc-tkK?width=956&height=538&cropmode=none
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I named one cow and a llama. It's been a while since I played that game so I don't remember their names. I don't name chickens because, well, foxes. Also, I don't consider chickens as pets. I've known chickens, and they are either egg makers or dinner. I also don't name the rabbits or foxes, because they aren't pets, either, although I may do that one of these days.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2022
    My elder challenge couple retired to live on a farm in Henford-on-Bagley last December and had a few animals. They had a cow named Bluebell, llama named Teddy, a rooster named Cogburn, a hen named Sophia Lorhen and a baby chick named Chicka Dee. They also befriended a couple bunnies named Fuzzbunny and Foo Foo.

EDIT: They also had a Ragdoll/Siamese mixed cat named Ollie and a Jack Russell Terrier named Buster.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,011 Member
    edited August 2022
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    ...a rooster named Cogburn, a hen named Sophia Lorhen and a baby chick named Chicka Dee. ...
    @Karababy52 Loved these! 😄

@Isharell My foxes have never killed any of my chickens. I either have an alarm or I've befriended the foxes. In fact, my one household has full green relationship bars with Ghost and Smoke (in pic above). Those two foxes have agreed not to ever steal anything. 🙂
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    Alex López has two chickens named Chickawocka and Chickaboom ☺

They just had a golden chick who is named Rockstar.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Hens are now named Huey, Dewey and Louie! The younger one (that started as a chick) the game named Cricket.
    The cow got given Belle, so the shed is now "Belle's Abode".