Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't teens we make in other active households spawn as high school classmates?

That's really lame and requires mods to fix. A feature like this should already be in the base game.

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I haven't had many problems with the game pulling from the pool of teens (There's so many in terms of premades and the ones I made) I have. Though I noticed there are some that are required that might be game made due to their traits and being on teams as well. Like it one save file I guess I didn't have any teens in the world that was mean so it made one in another file it pulled for the premade Wolfgang since he has the mean trait. The roster seems to vary day to day at times.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yeah noticed that too. I had only a few non-played households with teens and only one active household with a teen, so I created a few more households with teens. I have now at least 3 active teen households, but only the non-actives go to school with my active. It’s kind of disappointing, along with fact there can only be two classes throughout the whole school day and you can’t assign what classes are taken on which white board.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I have an entire save full of teens. 4 boarding school/ communal teen homes with 5 in each not including teens still with their parents and of course pre mades. At first this annoyed me but then a few of my teens came to school as npc's and it affected their relationships and performance as a few fights broke out or their manners and empathy dropped etc. In essence since I couldn't control them I'm fine with them not coming. If I want certain teens to go to school together I just swap household members briefly. I think because I have so many I'm likely more okay with them not showing up.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Yeah noticed that too. I had only a few non-played households with teens and only one active household with a teen, so I created a few more households with teens. I have now at least 3 active teen households, but only the non-actives go to school with my active. It’s kind of disappointing, along with fact there can only be two classes throughout the whole school day and you can’t assign what classes are taken on which white board.

Least you can change where the class can be held. Have my sims attend the art room when that day rolls around :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    One of my other played households showed up. Two teen sisters. Without their other sister though who is also a teen. I have a lot of played teens in my game right now so the odds were probably pretty high.
  • PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    I have a lot of played teens as well, sometimes multiple per family, and I have seen a couple of them show up at school while not active. For me, it appears to be pretty random and changes day to day, but the game does tend to pull in a lot of unplayeds and randos, and there really isn't a huge pool of students in the school on a single day.