Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin down :(

I am still trying to get my mods all updated and down to two that are giving me issues. Finally have the mods folder ready to see what is happening and Origin is working. It load but the library is blank. I guess I can actually do some packing instead lol
I just want to get into my rotation game before the next patch breaks something lol
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Is it no longer possible to play the game offline? :open_mouth:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Is it no longer possible to play the game offline? :open_mouth:

You can if origin ever works again. It is on the app where I see no options to play without patching.
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Click on "Origin" in the upper left corner and then in the middle of the dropdown menu there'll be "Reload page". Click that. It fixes the "blank library" page for me every time.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Do you get an internal server error? I was getting that last night and my game library didn’t show up either.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    That's a current problem with Origin. You can't load The Sims through Origin because of the missing icon, but with a shortcut on desktop: Origin Games/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/TS4_x64.exe
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I have this Origin issue too with the internal server error message, but I can still play the game. THere is a message out when trying to reach EA support, saying that they work on the issue.

But since yesterday I can't login to answers hq. I'm logged in here but some how does not correctly travel over anymore. It still says to sign in even though I am technically signed in. I tried on my mobile but does not work either. I'm not the only one with this issue and don't really know where else to post this since we can't post there.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    If origin is not showing your games, find the sims 4 shortcut icon and use that to start sims 4. This way you can play sims 4 even though you are unable to launch it from within Origin.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    Click on "Origin" in the upper left corner and then in the middle of the dropdown menu there'll be "Reload page". Click that. It fixes the "blank library" page for me every time.
    Thanks! That fixed it for me :smile: I hope I remember this next time it happens.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The last time Origin had issues I made a shortcut, fortunately. Now it's not a problem so much.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I don't know if I made it on purpose, or if I accidentally created a shortcut. I'm so thankful now, I didn't remove it!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    I have a totally different problem. After the patch debacle I put my origin on restricted access so that any update requires my permission. So here's where things are at the moment, I can't install or refuse the Origin update until I login, but I can't login to Origin until I update. Really? This is like something straight out of Monty Python. At least I can still play my game and get on the gallery.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I had a problem on Tuesday night and it seemed to be because Microsoft decided to download a load of updates to my Windows 10. I'd got the Origin packs greyed out when I tried to start it up.

I let Microsoft do the update, which also included a Bios update, completed it and found Origin then worked for me. I don't know if that had anything to do with it though.

We apparently have got some new CAS items, including some rather nice jeans with it today.

PS: We had a rather nasty solar flare which hit us on Monday, Tuesday so that might have affected the networks too.
  • ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    If this happens to anyone (happened to me) where you cannot launch the game inside Origin, you should have a sims 4 shortcut icon somewhere - use that to still be able to launch the game. That's what I did and it worked even though Origin wasn't letting me launch.

Thought I'd pass it on.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited August 2022
    MelsieYT wrote: »

I went back in yesterday and it didn’t have the error message, but I did have to reload the page. Thank you, I had no idea that was there till you mentioned it.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited August 2022
    looks like there is again a new Origin update...
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member

Is it safe this time? :#
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Is it safe this time? :#

I updated it, and it seems fine. I didn’t have time to play so I didn’t launch the game, but everything looked exactly as it should in my game library.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,948 Member
    also have origin update again o_O
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited August 2022
    The update didn't fix the missing Sim Icon to start the game:

dboxwp2qpswx.png

I can only start the game with the desktop shortcut.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member

yes but it didn't fix the server error message. I still have it, but I can play.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I was just in Origin, works just fine.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,071 Member
    It seems to be affecting certain players? I haven't had any trouble with Origin online at all.