Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yall im terrified at LGR's prediction

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited July 2022 in Off Topic Chat
Im shaking ><

wr0r8k54l9a91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=7cef9f425ad0992c5e7e37b2982b317a321ec58d

What would you think of something like this happening?
Would you want this to happen?

Honestly it sounds likely and id hate for it to end this way.
I really want Sims 5 because I never went 100 with Sims 4 so im not throwing money away, if they went with a refreshingly different direction with Sims 5 (things in my sig) I would fully support it. Quotes like 'Sims 4 will go on for many more years' makes me cringe, I only wish Sims 2 had this lifespan.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm biased because I love sims 4. I'm not exactly sure what a soft launch is but if it means more ts4 I'd be happy.
    But overall I feel like he's just trying to think of something to talk about because unless there is actual evidence of it I don't see where he's getting this idea from?
    I think there will still be a ts5 eventually.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    If that ever happens:

Well, it's been fun, EA, but I have to move on now. Farewell.

PS: I like the concepts for Sims you have at the bottom of your posts.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that. TS4 is still making money for them, and corporations (especially in modern times) are very risk-averse. Why stop publishing content for an existing title that's continuing to make money and retain a playerbase on multiple platforms when you can milk it until people get sick of it (which is a long time, since simmers will play one title for years and years, especially on PC with access to mods). TS4 could possibly have a WoW-esque lifespan so long as they can keep updating the game's systems, engine, and compatibility to keep up with new hardware and operating systems. Plus, they know players still have a laundry list of content they want, from fairies and zombies to hotels and household chores. They will at least keep things going until they can't dangle those carrots on the string any longer...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    If they clean and update the code gradually and constantly, I think there will be no need for Sims 5. It's not like there's a shortage of new ideas to bring to the game. They could bring Sims5 when they will be ready to make major improvements and make furniture and sims customizable like Spore creatures and we'll be able to doodle on their skin like on pets fur.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    What's a ''soft re-launch'' exactly?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did just that. TS4 is still making money for them, and corporations (especially in modern times) are very risk-averse. Why stop publishing content for an existing title that's continuing to make money and retain a playerbase on multiple platforms when you can milk it until people get sick of it (which is a long time, since simmers will play one title for years and years, especially on PC with access to mods). TS4 could possibly have a WoW-esque lifespan so long as they can keep updating the game's systems, engine, and compatibility to keep up with new hardware and operating systems. Plus, they know players still have a laundry list of content they want, from fairies and zombies to hotels and household chores. They will at least keep things going until they can't dangle those carrots on the string any longer...

The thing is you could say the same for the previous games, I wouldnt want Sims 4 to be the last in the series

What's a ''soft re-launch'' exactly?

I think what hes meaning is rebranding it as just "The Sims" not Sims 4, and letting it continue on and on with more dlc

Actually this thread probably belongs better in speculation section

• MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I find this to be extremely unlikely, I am sure at some point there will be a sims 5. I am in no hurry for it though as I'm happy with the sims 4 and have no desire to start over anytime soon.

I don't think EA has a need to put out sims 5 right now, sims 4 is still generating money.

The latest version of unreal engine released fairly recently, paralives in in development, arnie has something in development. These things could potentially have an impact on how the next version of the franchise looks.

The next version of the game will likely be around for atleast a decade, and it needs to inspire the current sims 4 audience to switch unless they plan to also continue releasing sims 4 content.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I'm biased because I love sims 4. I'm not exactly sure what a soft launch is but if it means more ts4 I'd be happy.
    But overall I feel like he's just trying to think of something to talk about because unless there is actual evidence of it I don't see where he's getting this idea from?

I see it, TS4 is much milder and childish than 3 is. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's right and they make Sims completely different than how it was before.

As a game dev, I question if it's the right move. You will get the children to play the game if that happens, but you'll also lose the adult players.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    I wonder if it’s possible that the current game will be expanded and retooled as the single player option, while TS5 (or it’s equivalent) launches as the multiplayer option, with both game existing simultaneously.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I really couldn't care less about a Sims 5. I'm enjoying Sims 4 and I have so much left undone in 2 and 3.

If SIms 5 does happen of course I'll be on board. But no big deal if it doesn't.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm not sure what a soft re-launch would do.

I think they are gonna keep going as they have with The Sims 4 financing their investments in their studios while they are working on Lost Astral, my guess is that they are aiming for an announcement of Lost Astral in 2023 or 2024, and then they will probably announce something that will eventually lead up to The Sims 5 and maybe Sim City or a "Sim Universe" or something.

Sims 4 have apparently many more years left, but I don't think that means that they are gonna do a soft re-launch of it.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Honestly, we don't even need a Sims 5. Unless unless it is something new and different (really groundbreaking), there is no point besides getting people to spend even more money and will just mean having to wait even longer to get what you want in the game and if it just a name change but don't have to start over, it doesn't really matter much. Fix and finish up with Sims 4 first. Sims 4 needs bug fixes and they said they plan on more refreshes, improvements and still more content for awhile.

Creating a new Sims game when they can't even fix existing ones don't inspire any confidence.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited July 2022
    Personally not really looking forward to ts5 anyway
    for all I know its gonna be cash grab multiplayer game I have no interest in
    and I mean 4 times the same eps is kinda enough for me as I've been playing since ts1

I just wish they don't leave ts4 broken
    or destroy it further with broken content on top of broken content or something

if they must make new games why not just like revive some of the spin off series like bring on castaway 2.0 or something
    there ain't even any spinoffs for ts4 unless we count the sims mobile that is just...sims mobile....
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited July 2022
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Honestly, we don't even need a Sims 5.

This isnt speaking for me, I really want sims 5!

Simmingal wrote: »

if they must make new games why not just like revive some of the spin off series like bring on castaway 2.0 or something
    there ain't even any spinoffs for ts4 unless we count the sims mobile that is just...sims mobile....

Id love to see another original storyline for a console game. I dont think they like to do them anymore.

• KbobsterKbobster Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2022
    So, in my experience, I always get into the newer Sims Franchise later. For example, it took me years to really give Sims 3 a chance and I have just started Sims 4 two months ago. (I think I started playing 3 when 4 came out, and I hated Sims 3 because I grew up on Sims 2 and the same for 4, but now, I am obsessed with 4). So, I don't care about Sims 5, because I already predict what will happen. I will be pizzed that there is no more Sims 4 content/youtube videos. I will hate the graphics for it. I will think the base game is dry. (To this day, Sims 2 vanilla base game is still all I need). I'll have to wait a year(s) for body hair, cars, travel, band instruments, cute CAS items, and Victorian architecture. Aren't all the Sims Games and expansions the same, anyway? Base game=vanilla Expansions=all have to do with family, uni, supernatural, travel, business, seasons, city, and gardens?
    What new things do you hope for in Sims 5? What do you want base game/vanilla to be and how do you hope for the expansion packs to be less redundant? Hopefully, that will give the Sims team something to think about, they seem to be listening to y'all these days. Also, how do y'all want the graphics to look? Something totally new? Or a rehash/hybrid of one of the previous Sims games.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 155 Member

I see it, TS4 is much milder and childish than 3 is. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's right and they make Sims completely different than how it was before.

As a game dev, I question if it's the right move. You will get the children to play the game if that happens, but you'll also lose the adult players.

How is Sims 4 more childish than Sims 3? I have been playing Sims 3 for a while and just started playing Sims 4.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2022
    I seriously doubt they will Overwatch 2 this. The backlash even there was pretty rough. To the point they are supposedly buckling down. Eventually you need a new code base. Destiny 1 for example.

Also, for the record, if they vault anything like Destiny 2, I am beyond done. If they take away anything we paid for they can no longer be trusted with the basics. I will never buy anything EA again, and will uninstall Origin and will look their way only for mocking the next huge failures like Battlefield 2042.

Now, I can see them "rebooting" the series. They'll probably ditch the number like many long running franchises have to make it seem less like a sequel. Also, if it is just the Sims it can be set up for a very long content sweep without demands for 6 from people that don't know better.

Also, this flies in the face of everything we have read about open positions for 5 and transitioning to Unreal engine. It still is possible, and I wouldn't immediately rage quit because I am already in for a pound with 4. However, I will probably start asking for 5 for the first time.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Kbobster wrote: »

How is Sims 4 more childish than Sims 3? I have been playing Sims 3 for a while and just started playing Sims 4.

They sanitized some of the darker and more mature things from the older games. I hesitate to label it childish myself, and would probably contrast more to 2 for this point due to sanity, social bunny, therapist, etc.

However, if you are new you weren't around for some of the small controversies with the packs. In the information around C&D, we were told that they didn't make doghouses because they didn't want to support it. You also can no longer have toddlers eat pet food.

Further, something was said similarly about burgerlers and why they are not in the game. Just a part of life they do not want to depict. Not huge things taken one at a time, but if you have been here since launch you have seen some chips in what you could do versus what you can now in your sandbox and some official comments supporting that.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think LGR might be on to something. We have been told several times there’s lots more in the pipeline for the sims 4. A sims 5 is allegedly going to be multiplayer which will turn off a lot of the players, however I know some players very eager for that.

And there is many players who don’t want to re start the cycle of base game and dlc all over again.
    From a sales perspective now with the game being on console too I imagine the game is doing very well.
    I’m not eagerly awaiting a sims 5, if and when it happens I’ll take a look.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

Then lets agree to disagree and that isn't speaking to me. I don't want to be forced to start all over again (just spending more money, having to wait for packs again, etc...when they can just fix bugs, upgrade an existing game) unless it there is a good reason that actually really groundbreaking and new, especially if they can't fix and finish existing games.

There is a strong chance it would end up being worse actually.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I'm not feeling the love for Sims 5 myself at this point, and if it is a multiplayer online game I'm probably just going to carry on playing TS4. I have no desire to play online games. I've done it in the past and it wasn't a lot of fun, mostly due to toxic personalities. TS4 has issues, but I would rather see them work on bug fixes and get on a run of good content like Werewolves brought to the game. Do the pack refreshes that were promised and I see no reason to get in a rush for a brand new iteration of the Sims.

There is a strong chance it would end up being worse actually.

See, i feel the same thing about Sims 4. I dont see it getting any better. I didnt buy all the expansions/dlc because ive been waiting on 5 for years because I need Sims 4 core to change if im going to enjoy it. Yes we can agree to disagree!