Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your High School Years Questions now for the July 15th Livestream

Comments

• GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    How will Tattoos be affected by Body Hair?
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Can kids take photos in the booth with teens/adults?
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Can we renovate the school so young adults and older can use it for continuing education classes on evenings and weekends or is it restricted to teens only? I want a place to send a group of sims to attend classes without needing to send them all to university or resorting to using cheats.

Does the pack include a tabletop microscope, bunsen burner, flasks, etc to create a science lab?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Can we renovate the school so young adults and older can use it for continuing education classes on evenings and weekends or is it restricted to teens only? I want a place to send a group of sims to attend classes without needing to send them all to university or resorting to using cheats.

Does the pack include a tabletop microscope, bunsen burner, flasks, etc to create a science lab?

This is what I want to know too!

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    The blog mentions a trellis ladder to sneak out "after curfew". Does that mean curfew will return and become the default? How will this interact with Parenthood (where parents can set their own curfew rules)?

Crosspack functionality: Will the game pick existing teachers to teach at the new high school?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    How will school uniforms from kids in Mt. Komorebi work with this new school, and will they attend this school or can we make their own school in Mt. Komorebi? Is the cheerleading uniform something they wear only at school or is it part of the regular sport outfits?
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm mostly just curious about whether the school will be a new lot type... or if it's exclusive to the one default in this world.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Do kids get new animations such as sitting cross legged, having pillow fights, and reading on the bed?

How does the high school fit into other cultures such as Sulani or werewolves? Does everyone go to the same school regardless of world? Any cross compatibility for occults? Can we have Hogwarts?

How does graduation and prom affect rotational players?

A magical high school would be awesome. I played university with a dorm built in realm of magic style (art nouveau style) and and had only spellcasters as students. It felt like a magic school. I think I read that we can edit the school building. Let's hope so.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    How does Scouting club from Seasons and Drama club from Get Famous work with the EP?
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Can we make a amusement park with batuu bb items and the rides in any world?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I was wondering if the high-school is a new lot type, which has already been asked here, or if it's going to be like GTW's hospital and police station only the world is active and liveable?

Will what's in the patch ge shown in the gameplay stream or known before that?

Are there only 7 lots or are there more?

*** just a side note but if I remember correctly in Sims 3 after your sim aged up they would have their graduation the day of or the day after, so it might work like that.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited July 2022
    Like the chests & sims inventory when you can put items in it, Can it be the same for school lockers?
    Post edited by MsMay on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Can the trellis latter be used as a way for married sims to sneak out on their spouse and meet up with their boy/girlfriend or romantic interest?
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited July 2022
    Thanks for making this thread @catloverplayer! :) 🙏

Some more questions:

1. Will periods be included and a part of hitting puberty for sims?
    2. Will there be summer / winther breaks (vacation?) if you have Seasons EP? Will it be customizable?
    3. Are Teacher and Principal new playable jobs? Can you control which sims that will show up as Teachers / Principals at the school? (😱 Will Nancy Landgraab and Judith Ward show up and stalking my poor sims even here?! 😱)
    4. Are there any clubs for Art / Music / Drama / Creative activities?
    5. Can you follow mutiple sims to high school if you have several teens in your household?
    6. Can your sim graduate (attend graduation cermony) with their teen friends from other households?
    7. Will teens still get school projects if having Parenthood GP?
    8. Will failing High school have any consequences? (eg. Can they get into University? Will they have a harder time getting promoted at work?)
    9. Are there any intergration with Discover University EP? Are there any new Scholarships for University? Will the sims High school performance affect the chances of getting into University?
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Is there new radio station(s) in this pack? If yes, I'll be super happy, if no I'll be upset AH right now or I'm OK with it. It has to be one of my most favorite music throughout the years
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    what trouble can teens get in?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    How will classes function? Will they have themes that develop existing skills, eg cooking class develops cooking, physical education develops fitness etc? Will there be group projects? eg, examine a frog to find out what it eats> we can then feed frogs etc. How will classes develop/impact their lives? Will classes be at all customisable?

Will there be report cards?

Will there be excursions/field trips that take place away from the school?

Will teens have access to school grounds before/after school hours?

Will night class be available for adults?

Will the school area allow us to add existing content for the teens to interact with, eg, basketball hoop from City Living so they can play at lunch time? or Get Famous acting arrows to simulate acting etc.

Will we be able to have Club Gatherings from Get Together at school during School hours during lunch time/after school?

How customisable will the school be? Will we have access to build mode to knock down interior walls (like apartments), and can we build a swimming pool in the grounds?

Can we decide if the school has uniforms or not? If so, can we design our own?

Will there be an Active Career for teaching? Can our own sims become the School Principal, or are all roles NPC?

Thank you :)
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Will we have a choice to join our sims or just send them off? I assume it would work similarly to active careers which is fine (as going all the time would be a bit of a pain and if I have more than one teen in the household, it would be difficult to have them all go at once).
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Will the kids have a little something educational as well also more after school activities?
    Will it effect DU in anyway like a refresh within the pack like university campus tours, the homework, more degrees and more scholarships. Welcoming the new students who graduated highschool to Ubrite or Foxbury!?!? More activities in DU.
    Will the teacher or Educator job be effected now?
    Or School Administrator be affected.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't expect we could build our own high school Can we at least edit them without a cheat though?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited July 2022
    Does the graduation feature mean that your sims will age up automatically (like now) on graduation when aging up, or will we have a fixed graduation event in the summer, so some sims will technically be adults before graduation like in real life, if your sims are born in the winter autumn spring months.
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I don't expect we could build our own high school Can we at least edit them without a cheat though?

@DoloresGrey according to what a guru/the blog said yes, the school is customizable.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    My questions are:
    - Is attending rabbit hole high schools still possible with HSY installed?
    - Can you send more than one teenager from your current household to the new venue?
    - Does your graduation (grades) effect your application to university or careers in general?
    - Is there new CAS content for younger age groups (kids, toddlers) in HSY?
    - Are there new careers or part-time jobs coming with the pack or patch (e.g. janitor, professional cheerleader/American football player)?
    - How are old after school acitivies (drama/scouts) affected by the pack?
    - Is there any cross-pack gameplay with DU (e.g. teacher career, new scholarships, new extracurricular classes, cheerleading program at uni)?
    - How will weekly exams work (when you play with aging off)?
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I wonder how will the expansion affect the teens I already have in game and who are failing because they skip school. If they move to the new high school world, will they start as terrible students and will have to crawl back to C grade? Or will it reset?
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2022
    Can kids take photos in the booth with teens/adults?

I second that. I also think they could because check images on the side of the photo booth at 1:11, there are an adult and kid together, so maybe they could, or they are all just images.

I wonder what are Molly and Kevin doing while holding the small mirror and acting goofy? Is it one of the clubs they join at school to practice or something? Anyone knows?
    Post edited by Chimp2678 on