Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    A bit too American-teen-movie style for my taste. But filled with young adults lol.

I did get rather excited when I saw the funfair... until I realised it was probably all rabbitholes.

It does have a few things in it that appeal to me, but not a lot. I will wait to see more.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Curfew was a Parenthood feature and in fully the hands of the parents, now it looks like it's getting reintroduced as a default state. Curfew and hall pass are two concepts that are abit "too american" for my taste.

I hope the curfews are player customisable still. I don't really get the hall pass thing though, I hope I can choose to opt out of it if I want to.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Hot dog, looks like I'm saving $40 US this summer.

They look too old for High School, they even looked older than the young adults to me. Promposals? Are you kidding? I may hurl. And you know I love me some colorful clothes and all but dang, I found myself wishing for my sunglasses while watching all that brightly colored stuff go by.

I am glad the Photo Booth is back, though.

I am not interested in this one at all. Excuse me while I go back to my Wild Woo-ooooo-oolfies... :D
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Curfew was a Parenthood feature and in fully the hands of the parents, now it looks like it's getting reintroduced as a default state. Curfew and hall pass are two concepts that are abit "too american" for my taste.

I hope the curfews are player customisable still. I don't really get the hall pass thing though, I hope I can choose to opt out of it if I want to.

I hope we can customize Curfews per kid. I want my kids coming home at 8 and my teens can stay out until 10... except the one with a job, who can stay out until midnight, and the one who's failing who needs to be home by 5. (as examples.)

Oh, and make them 2 hours later if the next day doesn't have school.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I hope we can customize Curfews per kid. I want my kids coming home at 8 and my teens can stay out until 10... except the one with a job, who can stay out until midnight, and the one who's failing who needs to be home by 5. (as examples.)

Oh, and make them 2 hours later if the next day doesn't have school.

Those are excellent points. I would love to be able to customise curfews per child. Also, curfew should not apply if the child or teen has gone off to Granite Falls for the week. I often forget to switch it off when I send families on holiday, so of course the game thinks they should be at their home lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    @Simmingal wrote: »
    Upset that the amusement park /carnival items are all rabbit holes
    losing hope we get non rabbit hole ones ever now *sighs*
    I didn't want carnival just to go eat stuff and vanish into nothingness

It's probably one weakness of this pack.
    No arcade, no games, no cotton candy ... it's the usual picnic area.

Karry Perry TS3 music video was more about fun activities

s3ep7_10.jpg
    s3ep7_11.jpg
    s3ep7_12.jpg
    s3ep7_13.jpg
    s3ep7_14.jpg
    edited June 2022
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Maybe I'm too old, but I'm not interested in Highschool gameplay. Like other said it is too american. And I don't like all the recycled gameplay. Football looks like soccer, cheerleading is like dancing. There is a new fashion online shop? Would have been nice but we already have plobsy. The influencer and fashion activity also would have been nice if we didn't already have careers like this.
    Bands would have been nice or other really new activities which are not so typical american.

I will probably buy the pack because I like the CAS and the objects but maybe not for the full price.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    True, I have heard teachers so many times asking people to take their hats off!
    In France, hats are forbidden inside the high school because it's bad manners.

anlm8r4agrlz.jpg

• cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    My first thought while watching the trailer was "what kind of high schooler has a full on double bed?" lol I had a really small twin bed when I was in high school.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Simmingal wrote: »
    Upset that the amusement park /carnival items are all rabbit holes
    losing hope we get non rabbit hole ones ever now *sighs*
    I didn't want carnival just to go eat stuff and vanish into nothingness

It's probably one weakness of this pack.
    No arcade, no games, no cotton candy ... it's the usual picnic area.

Karry Perry TS3 music video was more about fun activities

s3ep7_10.jpg
    s3ep7_11.jpg
    s3ep7_12.jpg
    s3ep7_13.jpg
    s3ep7_14.jpg

yeah and like i was wishing if we ever get carnivals or amusement parks itd be more like between clowntastic land and roaring heights where you can watch your sims do fun stuff like take rollercoaster ride or ride ferriswheel or carousel if thats easier or play carnival games or even do some show magic or something all this rabbithole land does is take your sims out of sight so you have to imagine they're having fun

and i don't particularily see why they had to fit it in school pack anyway if fitting that in the pack was problem
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Do we know how many lots there are yet ? That's my main concern for now.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    I'm most excited about cross-legged sitting and sneaking out of the window.

I'd be excited about sneaking out of the window if I wasn't being forced into using a specific window and trellis in order to access the interaction. If I don't want those on my sim's house - and I don't - I lose out.
    edited June 2022
    Dianesims wrote: »

Probably the usual 5-lot neighborhood, maybe
    • High school neighborhood
    • Residential neighborhood
    • Community neighborhood
    • Pier neighborhood
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    My first thought while watching the trailer was "what kind of high schooler has a full on double bed?" lol I had a really small twin bed when I was in high school.
    I have no idea how it's called in English but as a teenager (and still now actually) I and many people I know had this '1.5 bed' which is like almost a double bed but not really, I'm sure it has an official name...

So since The Sims 4 only has single or double beds, a double bed looks closer in size to it. You can even see one in most of the premade household homes that have teenagers, like Cassandra Goth's bedroom.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

7 of the lots have been confirmed to be built by simmers. We almost always get an empty lot. So I think at least eight.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I'm unsure about this pack. I dislike trying to relive the high school experience that I never actually experienced because I wasn't that kind of high schooler. The school building looks NOTHING like my experiences of what high school buildings were like (we were a much more spread out campus and Spanish class was in a portable in the parking lot).

I'm also not too thrilled about the shaving interactions being so pack specific (thank goodness the body hair update is base game) because I'd sooner gargle bleach than try to imagine what prom should be like for my sims so if i did end up getting the pack, it's all going to be because I like the world and maybe some of the interactions. Sigh. I would pay GP prices, but I'm not wild about a full EP price for this.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Me? Most of my friends did, too. Well, I will, say, the girls usually did, not so much the guys.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Okay my only complaint for now is .I don't like the teens look.They don't look like terns they look like young adults.

I laughed that the main trailer sim looked 30! A couple of the hair styles they have will work to make younger looking teens though.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member

Opposite reaction to that part :lol:
    I always consider single beds to be very uncomfy so I can't bring myself to give them to any sim over child age unless i literally don't have the space

then again thats probably cause i always had 120 wide myself so its like in between and double dimensions in sims still look more like that to me than single that looks like 80 wide
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    Only complaint is no evidence of private school.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm…

So far it looks too American for my game. I have zero interest in football, cheer, prom or detention. I do not know how malleable the pack will be in order to build a school experience that suits Sulani, Windenburg, Mt Komorebi or a occult specific school.

So far the trailer was a list of turnoffs, just a long list that I have no wish for. We will see but this will not be an early purchase. We will see how the pack actually works in videos and other things.

Not the end of the world, it would be the first expansion pack that I skipped and so far I feel relieved that there is nothing that I would miss but not buying it.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »
    I'm most excited about cross-legged sitting and sneaking out of the window.

I'd be excited about sneaking out of the window if I wasn't being forced into using a specific window and trellis in order to access the interaction. If I don't want those on my sim's house - and I don't - I lose out.

Yeah it is very limiting :( I wonder whether only the window can be used if teen's room is in the first floor.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Me? Most of my friends did, too. Well, I will, say, the girls usually did, not so much the guys.
    Maybe this is also a very american thing. In my country teenager usually have single beds.
    My Sims teenager never have double beds and I hope there will be single beds in the pack too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top