March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I feel like the best option for fairies would have been to make RoM an expansion and have it include spellcasters and fairies who used similar magic but accessed it differently and had some spells and abilities that were specific to one or the other. If they add them now, any spells that are similar will feel more like an unnecessary redundancy. And I'm not sure how many original things they can program spells to do within the game's limits.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    IDK if it's unpopular, but vampires should be able to cast spells and make potions.
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 128 Member
    I DON'T want new worlds this year-
    Bust the Dust works well with Eco Lifestyle.
    I wouldn't mind seeing some of the old worlds coming back, to see how things have changed over time, like Strangetown. At least I think that's what it was called in 2.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't care about hotels. I don't want to manage one or stay in one. I like to change all the rentals lots into full time livable lots too.

It must have been a thing in an earlier version of The Sims. Why are they so great? I don't get it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    edited June 2022
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I don't care about hotels. I don't want to manage one or stay in one. I like to change all the rentals lots into full time livable lots too.

It must have been a thing in an earlier version of The Sims. Why are they so great? I don't get it.

I guess it's just personal preference. I really enjoyed managing resorts in Sims 3 and getting them to 5 stars. Same as managing a restaurant in 4. Challenging

ETA: I have no interest whatsoever in Bands or related music content but I noticed that was a pack you mentioned in another thread. Personal preference.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    I keep hearing how vampires isn't as deep as werewolves. I've been scouring the internet to find this "depth" vampires so lacks, but can't seem to find it. People just seem to cling to whatever is new and shiny, and anything that wasn't made yesterday is all of a sudden "lacking".
    Enjoy werewolves? Cool.
    Enjoy vampires? Cool.
    They are two different things, and should stay that way.

Also, if we're talking lore, fanfiction does not "depth" make.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I think Sims 4 vampires are too cartoony and unrealistic looking. I prefer Sims 3 werewolves and I don't plan on buying the Werewolves game pack.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I do not need or want shorter teens or any new life stage between birth and babies, between babies and toddlers, between toddlers and children, between children and teens, or between teens and young adults.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Yeah, I’m not bothered about pre-teens either. They’re not really distinct enough from children or teenagers IMO, they don’t need to be a separate life stage.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I do not need or want shorter teens or any new life stage between birth and babies, between babies and toddlers, between toddlers and children, between children and teens, or between teens and young adults.

I don't understand the want for more mini-stages either, it just slows down the flow of the game nor is there enough distinction between newborns and say a three-month-old game-wise. In reality sure, there's a hell of a lot different, but it's not enough to justify older babies. Same with preteens, they want a mini stage literally dedicated to being eleven and twelve? It's nonsense and just resources that could be used to improve the gameplay and interactions for child and teen sims.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @VeeDub @halloweenchild
    I do not need teens, or preteens even, to be shorter than adults.
    I am an adult, and most teens become taller than me when they are around 12 (if girls) or around 16 (if boys).

gen3-banner.png
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    @VeeDub @halloweenchild
    I do not need teens, or preteens even, to be shorter than adults.
    I am an adult, and most teens become taller than me when they are around 12 (if girls) or around 16 (if boys).

I know how you feel, I'm in my late twenties and every teenager I know are giant in comparison to me. Maybe it's a sign that heights need to be adjusted. XD Or perhaps short people are under-represented in the game.

I digress, perhaps it's time teens started to look like actual teens and have teen-oriented goals/ambitions/lifetime achievements rather than just being an extension of the Young Adult life stage.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I agree about the heights. I'm 5'1 and maybe an inch taller as an adult than I was in my teens. Just about most teens and adults are taller than me. I'll always be a shorty.
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I think pre-teens/ shorter teens are a terrible idea. They would either have a huge restriction on activities/ would not be able to do much (like toddlers), or else the Sims team would have to go through every single animation and interaction from the past 8 years worth of packs and change the animations, which just isn’t feasible/ worthwhile budget-wise.

Even people who use height mods are like “Clipping/ stretching isn’t so bad if you just ignore (long list of badly clipping animations)”
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    edited July 2022
    This maybe nostalgia talking and a bit hard to describe, but I feel that community lots haven't been unique or special since the Sims 1. Something I noticed during the Sims 2, that has just gotten stronger in 3 and 4.

The community lots in TS1 felt distinct in that they had gameplay tied specifically to the community lots and had stuff you couldn't do at home.

I first noticed it in TS2 when in Bon Voyage, I had much of the traveller achievements completed without going on vacation since most of the objects were available in the home buy catalogue.

Why bother going to the gym or the library, when the objects are available at home. Meanwhile, I felt I had to go to community lots in the Sims 1. There were more unique stuff to buy, more unique stuff to do, more unique services to take advantage of.

In addition, community lots in TS1 had unique NPCs that would fulfil functions like vendors and janitors. And the different cashiers and vendors had different personalities, voices and appearances.

Meanwhile, community lots in later games often feel like empty unstaffed hangouts, with very little purpose of actually being there.

I don't think I explained it very well, I hope someone understands.
    Cats should be able to relieve themselves outside without a litter box. I mean I had to leave the ROM because my familiar had to "go"?
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2022
    Cats should be able to relieve themselves outside without a litter box. I mean I had to leave the ROM because my familiar had to "go"?

I agree. My sim carries a litter box in her inventory for her raccoon familiar and though it isn't a huge task it's still a bit... needless and I would rather not clutter her inventory. The real cats I know can do their thing outside.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hyper-realistic sims loaded up head to toe with alpha cc fuh-reek me out, it’s just way too uncanny valley.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    I’m glad bands don’t seem to be included in the school pack. I want Pro bands and careers. And music/performing arts deserves its own game pack.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    RIP rabbithole schools.

I'm going to miss the freedom you gave me to play the other household sims while the kiddies were away at school.... *sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtjro7_R3-4
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top