Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know how to garnish a dish of gourmet food?

That’s one of the options for gourmet cooking after I got to level 10, but it’s greyed out.

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    @g01denswan if it's like decorating pastries then the dish needs to be close to the edge of the table or counter. Try moving the dish around and see if that makes the option available.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Thanks. I tried that on dining tables, counters and island counters. Doesn’t work.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Maybe you need a certain ingredient for that to work.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2022
    What quality level are your dishes? From my experience, once you hit excellent you can no longer garnish because it will not improve the dish.
    Food quality is excellent. Maybe that’s why then.

I had thought that maybe I needed a certain ingredient too. I had perfect herbs, but that didn’t seem to matter.

How do I improve the quality of food so they won’t spoil any more if I can’t garnish them then?
    It says here that you can garnish them only if the dish is not excellent.

Garnish Dishes to Improve Quality (if not Excellent)

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gourmetcooking/

You need the fresh chef trait to make food keep its freshness.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/masterchef.php
    Thanks for your reply. Wondering why you included links instead of just explaining to help out a fellow simmer though. Not complaining. Just wondering, as I often see that here. (Maybe I should try that when clients ask questions.) :)
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. Wondering why you included links instead of just explaining to help out a fellow simmer though. Not complaining. Just wondering, as I often see that here. (Maybe I should try that when clients ask questions.) :)

It's already beautifully explained in the links with all the details you (might) need. :smile:
    Is that another web site filled with ads with trackers so they will track my browsing history to sell my info to others who will spam me or try to scam me? I already get enough spammers and scammers trying to trick me so I don’t visit many web sites.
    Is that another web site filled with ads with trackers so they will track my browsing history to sell my info to others who will spam me or try to scam me? I already get enough spammers and scammers trying to trick me so I don’t visit many web sites.

I have no idea. I use Adblock.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

You complete the cooking aspiration I believe.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

You complete the cooking aspiration I believe.

Thanks for your reply. I hope you’re right.