Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets help each other make the game fun again

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Yeah I think I have problem killing sims off too so i have aging off for everyone and age them with cake when i want to

well that is also coincidentally why close to no one in my game dies naturally and I am always scheming for sim death :lol: gotta make space to keep my beloved sims dang it and they just keep adding more

sometimes though its a big fail as i end up keeping them as ghost instead cause ghosts are cool

gladly most my faves also end up vampires or other occults so it makes sense for them to live forever

Its strange how attached we get to our little pixel families LOL.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'm actually the opposite. I prefer having Sims die.

I have a graveyard and mausoleum and hold funerals and occasionally have family and close friends who I play go visit the grave/urn of deceased loved ones. I decorate the mausoleum or grave with photos from their life, so it serves as a nice memorial for deceased sims I have played.

I don't much like sims dieing 'before their time', but death from old age enhances my gameplay, plus gives me a reason to play new sims to do new things, instead of just doing everything on the same immortal or near-immortal sims.

I play with custom ages though. I set the game to "normal" lifespan, but increased how long young adult and adult stages are by about 50-100% so that my sims can do more during their adulthood than just raise children.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yeah I think I have problem killing sims off too so i have aging off for everyone and age them with cake when i want to

well that is also coincidentally why close to no one in my game dies naturally and I am always scheming for sim death :lol: gotta make space to keep my beloved sims dang it and they just keep adding more

sometimes though its a big fail as i end up keeping them as ghost instead cause ghosts are cool

gladly most my faves also end up vampires or other occults so it makes sense for them to live forever
    @Simmingal
    I agree, the vampires are immortal and should live forever. Spellcasters have a human life span, but technically I have aging off so they don't die lol, but they are mortal. I've never been sure about the mermaids though. I mean, no goldfish I ever had lasted more than a week. How long do you suppose mermaids live for? ...
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @Simmingal
    I agree, the vampires are immortal and should live forever. Spellcasters have a human life span, but technically I have aging off so they don't die lol, but they are mortal. I've never been sure about the mermaids though. I mean, no goldfish I ever had lasted more than a week. How long do you suppose mermaids live for? ...

:D:D:D:D:D

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    :lol:@Elliandre Goldfish can live like 15-30 years, depending on the exact type and if they are well cared for, and if you don't keep their bowl/tank where it gets direct sunlight. My family had a large tank with goldfish that my dad set up when I was born and it was the same fish still in the tank when I went off to college...except for one sad loss, found floating belly up when I was in middle school.

I think mermaids are more closely related to tuna though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    oopsies confused the threads LOL
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    waving hello <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    waving hello <3

Hello my friend <3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,151 Member
    edited March 2022

@Simmingal

oh good idea maybe i can decide some mermaids are more short lived on average hmm

but also i refuse to get rid of Kalamainu'u, Ukupanipo and Paka'a so :lol: lets say there is several species of mermaid some are very short lived some live long as heck

maybe Nalani is short lived hmm...

idk why but i always do this to cheery characters dang it :lol: I guess many sims would grieve her though so thats nice

oh and there is ofc the natural disaster possibility that the mermaids may die due to bad water conditions hmm
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    For years, I have thought about this.

One of the things that makes a game fun for me is that if I set a goal. However, it is hard to set a goal. So I have constantly thought about a goal randomizer. Have the computer generate you a goal. Will a sim get married? Will a sim learn a skill? Will someone die? Will someone get a divorce?
    Though I don't know recourses for this. Any website suggestions?

A quick google gave me this https://spinthewheel.app/sims-4-spin-the-wheel looks interesting and like something you mentioned above ;) It also gives you the option to make your own wheel there as well @EgonVM :)

Ah, that's fantastic! Thank you.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,375 Member

@Simmingal

oh good idea maybe i can decide some mermaids are more short lived on average hmm

but also i refuse to get rid of Kalamainu'u, Ukupanipo and Paka'a so :lol: lets say there is several species of mermaid some are very short lived some live long as heck

idk why but i always do this to cheery characters dang it :lol: I guess many sims would grieve her though so thats nice

oh and there is ofc the natural disaster possibility that the mermaids may die due to bad water conditions hmm

In my game mermaids are just genetically enhanced humans, Sulani's elite coats guard, but in vanilla I can see Nalani being of a different species (or even different genus)! iirc Kalamainu'u and Ukupanipo have a mer-form that looks different from their human form, while Nalani's looks the same or very close to her human form. That could indicate different species. Not sure about Paka'a's mer-form, since I never made them playable.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,151 Member
    edited March 2022

@Simmingal

In my game mermaids are just genetically enhanced humans, Sulani's elite coats guard, but in vanilla I can see Nalani being of a different species (or even different genus)! iirc Kalamainu'u and Ukupanipo have a mer-form that looks different from their human form, while Nalani's looks the same or very close to her human form. That could indicate different species. Not sure about Paka'a's mer-form, since I never made them playable.

Oh Paka'as mer-form is beautiful as heck
    zxQUIDT.png

it does actually kinda match with Kalamainu'u and Ukupanipo better than Nalani too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,348 Member
    I'm not sure I agree with the 'make the game fun again' part as I've always had fun playing but there are some wonderful suggestions in this thread. I only have UI Cheats mod installed so it's interesting seeing what other mods are considered essential.
  • Options
    BelletriceBelletrice Posts: 8 New Member
    This thread has actually filled me with inspiration, the way you guys do rotation is really interesting plus the much-needed fix for the doctor career is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 godsend!

Thanks <3
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,375 Member
    edited March 2022
    @simgirl1010 It depends on the user. This one I consider interesting for everyone:

https://scumbumbomods.com/dont-wash-dishes-where-you-angry-poop

It allows dis- and enabling dishwasing per individual sink and is probably well known by now.

This one made my personal essential list, but may not be for everyone:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-preroll-42667318

With this mod sims will no longer choose random activities during loading screens, but instead start at their spawn point at the front door.

As a side effect this allows my sims to always choose their table at restaurants first, before the townies start moving towards the entrance ;)
    However, it also causes the co-workers and prisoners in the detective career to start at the spawn point. Mind you, the co-worker spawn point isn't where the player starts, but waaaaay to the right, by the park. So every morning you'll see the whole staff walk leisurely to work in a group (what is actually relaxing to watch), and you'll have to teleport the inmates back to their cells manually.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member

@Simmingal

:D:D:D>:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited March 2022
    @Stormkeep A goldfish can live for up to 30 years?! :open_mouth: I am totally shocked. My parents often bought me the ones from the store in the little bowls. No matter what I did, change the water, feed them, they didn't last long. Maybe as you said I had the wrong tank and kept them in sunlight. When I was a teenager I had a tropical fish tank that I took good care of, but I gave them away because it was a lot of work they were so sensitive to temperature. My parents were very old school, when the goldfish died it was tossed out onto the lawn and I was told it would become food for the stray cats. Circle of life lessons. The worst is when the cats didn't come for a few days and I would just see it laying there. I was always amazed at kids whose parents staged whole funerals in the yard for their pet goldfish.

@Simmingal and @EnkiSchmidt I really like your mermaid theories and lore :smile:
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I play on rotation only because I cannot seem to focus on one family long enough or I get bored. I have about 28 family's in rotation but I also customize my townies as I run into them I just pop into CAS and give them a quick makeover so I kinda just keep building the world as I go. I also keep active challenges going such as the only way a single sim can enter the game is through rags to riches (or rags to starter). This helps me bond to each new sim I add through cas. I have an ongoing bachelor and Bachelorette challenge house for sims that I feel need options before choosing "the one". Some are career driven. Some family driven. Each household has a variety of goals. Kids do the scouts or drama club. To help with the relationship decay I have a lot of club gatherings. So in general I stay fairly busy and there's a real community feel to it. I've tried legacy and it's just not for me. I hate when sims die so I rarely let them die. If they bore me they get shelved into my library until I want them back in the world. They tend to come back as townies if I like them but not enough to play them as a household.

I would love more teen content because this age is the only one I tend to forget about playing through.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,112 Member
    Right now, I'm working on leveling toddlers. The typical gameplay started to get repetitive when I did things the expert way.

I started to focus on my sim's environments, and now, I'm finding more to do.

My current household uses lots of technology and the dream home decorator pack, so I started having my toddlers interact with whatever technology and make-believe tech I could think of. Things have started to get interesting.

My next rotation for raising toddlers will be Sulani, Lilliana and Makoa Kealoha are about to have another baby... :D

I haven't even aged up their merman son to a toddler yet.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    edited March 2022
    This one made my personal essential list, but may not be for everyone:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-preroll-42667318

With this mod sims will no longer choose random activities during loading screens, but instead start at their spawn point at the front door.

As a side effect this allows my sims to always choose their table at restaurants first, before the townies start moving towards the entrance ;)
    However, it also causes the co-workers and prisoners in the detective career to start at the spawn point. Mind you, the co-worker spawn point isn't where the player starts, but waaaaay to the right, by the park. So every morning you'll see the whole staff walk leisurely to work in a group (what is actually relaxing to watch), and you'll have to teleport the inmates back to their cells manually.

Be aware that as a side effect, that mod basically breaks the doctor career as that career heavily relies on patients' preroll autonomy. Don't use it if you love that career. I learned that the hard way.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    I love the road to fame mod by Sacrifical. I’m not sure if I spelt the name correctly haha
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member

One of the things that makes a game fun for me is that if I set a goal. However, it is hard to set a goal. So I have constantly thought about a goal randomizer. Have the computer generate you a goal. Will a sim get married? Will a sim learn a skill? Will someone die? Will someone get a divorce?

I am currently in the process of making a mod that does this in-game. Very simple little mod that overwrites the future cube to allow it to be used to generate goals. At the moment it tells you how many children, marital status, career and generation goal. It also has random goals that can be rolled whenever you want. The random goals give a happy or sad buff depending on the goal.

There are websites out there that already do this, I just prefer to do things in game as much as I can. It will probably be ready in a couple of days.
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2022
    I like the death of distraction and chaos. I don’t want to play a game that doesn’t have anything interesting in it.That’s just way too boring and babysat it for me. So I like it when they randomly die of things. Makes the game fun for me. But if they add anything else I always think they should have a on and off button.
  • Options
    MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    Greetings - I love playing progressive stories, however, those stores are not always based on a goal, but instead are on what will happen to the sim or those around the sim. Things happen and then there you are. Decision time. Now you've got to figure it out. Having mods helps with my gameplay because of the sense of reality. - No grim reaper. "Hated It!" - So the Mortem mod by SimRealist saves the day. https://www.simrealist.com/

Confession time. My mod folder is over 175gs. Don't judge me. ;)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

I use a set of these for random decisions:

z7N75Gq.jpg
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison