Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fashion of Paranormal

13...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the clothing, I like the two outfits in the middle, but those shorts combined with some strange looking tops... not a fan, but maybe I will like it when I actually play it. I don't think I get what style they are going for.

clothes.png

I'm really annoyed looking at the tops actually. Looks like it's impossible for them to make pieces for females covering their belly. Just some variety would be nice.

Agreed. Everything for women is always made for Young Adults/Teens with slender bodies. I thought EA was trying to be diverse? Does age variety not qualify for some reason? The long coatdress would be nicer if it covered the belly and didn't have sloppy shorts underneath. It looks weirdly mismatched.

To be fair though, we haven't seen the entire CAS. Hopefully there are more pieces with a universal fit. The male boho shirt would be nice on female Sims, too. And I really love the sashed jeans, going to use them on one of my pirates.
    #Team Occult
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have several pieces of non-cc tops for female that cover their entire torso from their shoulders down to their waistlines in my game. And some of these tops have been there since the launch of Sims 4.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Sometimes wonder if whoever makes this stuff has an adolescent male 'thing' about what females look like. Seems common among packs, not just this one.
    Every one has their own taste. And some people prefer to see female in a crop top.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Sometimes wonder if whoever makes this stuff has an adolescent male 'thing' about what females look like. Seems common among packs, not just this one.

I honestly don't think it's that, I think it's because EA is in California where there's a mild climate and they're used to seeing more spring/summery fashions most of the year. Belly shirts and ankle pants must be crazy fashionable over there because we've been getting those in game for six years. Over where I am, in the Northeast, it barely gets into the fifties (and usually below freezing temperatures, sometimes below 0 degrees in winter) for at least half the year so those styles aren't really practical, even in summer, when it's hot and muggy. Tank tops, sure, but belly shirts? Hardly. And the obsession with pants above the ankle for guys is just weird to me. I guess they might be wearing them in the colleges, but I rarely see them. It's covered bellies and long pants or tank tops and shorts for us over here, lol.
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »

I honestly don't think it's that, I think it's because EA is in California where there's a mild climate and they're used to seeing more spring/summery fashions most of the year. Belly shirts and ankle pants must be crazy fashionable over there because we've been getting those in game for six years. Over where I am, in the Northeast, it barely gets into the fifties (and usually below freezing temperatures, sometimes below 0 degrees in winter) for at least half the year so those styles aren't really practical, even in summer, when it's hot and muggy. Tank tops, sure, but belly shirts? Hardly. And the obsession with pants above the ankle for guys is just weird to me. I guess they might be wearing them in the colleges, but I rarely see them. It's covered bellies and long pants or tank tops and shorts for us over here, lol.
    That's true. It could be that EA is based in California is the reason for so many crop tops for females.
    I too think that pants above the ankles for guys is weird. Unless they are really long shorts. But I don't see long shorts being that long.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Aw man, I love wearing crop tops! I think they look flattering on pretty much everyone, especially when paired with high waisted pants/skirts/shorts. I also really like the long, floaty coat-top (I know there’s gotta be a word for it) over the shorts. I’m Aussie and people definitely dress like that over here.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    We always get contempary fashion in The Sims. When Katy Perry was doing her stupid 'cherry nipples' thing we got Katy Perry's cherry nipples in Sims 3. And in Paranormal, they're focusing on the 'voo-doo' approach to the supernatural, so we're getting a flowery New Orleans vibe in the trailer.

However in the game, we'll be able to mix and match, hopefully.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2021
    LiELF wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the clothing, I like the two outfits in the middle, but those shorts combined with some strange looking tops... not a fan, but maybe I will like it when I actually play it. I don't think I get what style they are going for.

clothes.png

I'm really annoyed looking at the tops actually. Looks like it's impossible for them to make pieces for females covering their belly. Just some variety would be nice.

Agreed. Everything for women is always made for Young Adults/Teens with slender bodies. I thought EA was trying to be diverse? Does age variety not qualify for some reason? The long coatdress would be nicer if it covered the belly and didn't have sloppy shorts underneath. It looks weirdly mismatched.

To be fair though, we haven't seen the entire CAS. Hopefully there are more pieces with a universal fit. The male boho shirt would be nice on female Sims, too. And I really love the sashed jeans, going to use them on one of my pirates.

Yes I must admit we haven't seen the full CAS yet. It's just a tendency they have to make way more crop tops than it's normal from my perspective (living in Finland hey, anything that reveals the belly is summer attire). I do like the crop tops too, just want to see more diversity. Especially hoping for clothing that would look nice on elders. Looking at that dark blue top I think it would be super nice and have more use for me if it covered the belly.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm not a fan of the CAS in this pack. It's too groovy for me (the 70s' are not my favorite fashion period).
    Also, a lot of it look like the same stuff we've gotten in other packs. The only thing I like is the dark blue top the 3rd woman is wearing.
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the CAS in this pack. It's too groovy for me (the 70s' are not my favorite fashion period).
    Also, a lot of it look like the same stuff we've gotten in other packs. The only thing I like is the dark blue top the 3rd woman is wearing.
    Some of it might be rehash. The one crop top looks like it was rehashed from the crop top that came in Laundry Day Stuff. Which is ok with me because I love that top.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Some of it might be rehash. The one crop top looks like it was rehashed from the crop top that came in Laundry Day Stuff. Which is ok with me because I love that top.

The crop top the fourth woman is wearing definitely looks like a reskin to me, I can't tell from which pack, maybe Island Living? And the children's outfit looks exactly like the one from Laundry Day, except smaller. A couple of the women's pants with the strings look like Laundry Day stuff also.
    I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm not just into the style. I wasn't alive in the 70s', and the fashion from that era to me looks tacky. Sorry for any lovers of the 70s' :(;)
    Both women in the center look like they're in reskins/recolors. Thinking maybe Laundry Day. I was there in the 70s and agree with the tacky. Still some great cars, but clothes not so much.
    Just made it through the livestream video. While it's obvious they put a lot of work into the outfits am feeling underwhelmed, a preference thing, not the job they did. Similar feelings on the furniture - nice, but where are the neutral/wood tones?
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Sometimes, things be colorful! I was hoping for some more colorful desks as I typically assign a color or two for a Sim as "their" color when desigining them. And I want some more non-childish designs for colorful desks!
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!