Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New trait coming?

So the Sims Team have said that a brand new "Scared" emotion is coming. For most of the emotions we have traits (ie Gloomy for Sad, Romantic for flirty) does that mean we could possibly have a new trait associated with the Scared emotion? Something along the lines of "Scaredy Cat?"
Has anything been confirmed?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited January 2021
    i would really like trait that is like "loves occult" so they wouldnt get scared if occulty things happen but idk perhaps it should be reward trait
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i would really like trait that is like "loves occult" so they wouldnt get scared if occulty things happen but idk perhaps it should be reward trait

Maybe it *could* be a reward trait when the pack releases....time will tell!

Totally get you on Sims not having to be scared though...it's quite annoying that every Sim I create is by default scared of lightning, when they are indoors safe! Maybe a "Brave" trait could be added to prevent that?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited January 2021
    chickenow wrote: »

Totally get you on Sims not having to be scared though...it's quite annoying that every Sim I create is by default scared of lightning, when they are indoors safe! Maybe a "Brave" trait could be added to prevent that?

I like the idea of a brave trait, you should put that in ideas! That would also be a great trait for the “hero” of strangerville to have. And possibly people going to Batuu for missions.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I like the idea of a brave trait, you should put that in ideas! That would also be a great trait for the “hero” of strangerville to have. And possibly people going to Batuu for missions.

THIS would be SO MUCH BETTER than being rewarded by having your mail spammed every day with useless junk for saving the world!
  • LesleyALesleyA Posts: 30 Member
    I hope they dont make a scared Trait simply because I doubt it will work well with ghost family members always scaring the living when they possess something every 5 minutes. You would think a sim that lives with a pair of ghosts permanently would just shrug off possessions.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    LesleyA wrote: »
    I hope they dont make a scared Trait simply because I doubt it will work well with ghost family members always scaring the living when they possess something every 5 minutes. You would think a sim that lives with a pair of ghosts permanently would just shrug off possessions.

Then again there are people who'll love that.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I want a cowardly trait. I want to make Mystery Inc and Shaggy definitely needs a Cowardly trait.
  • MiyukiOokamiMiyukiOokami Posts: 2 New Member
    "But if being Scared just isn’t your Sims style, consider purchasing the new Brave Trait. This Satisfaction Reward Store Trait will rapidly reduce the incoming fear a Sim feels and help Sims regain their composure faster. While no Sim is totally fearless, this trait should help mitigate some of those creepy feelings."

From the Dev Blog Update :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

THIS would be SO MUCH BETTER than being rewarded by having your mail spammed every day with useless junk for saving the world!

ok but what a mood though at least let me stop the spam mail somehow i have enough clay future cubes fish and spoiled cupcakes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I want a cowardly trait. I want to make Mystery Inc and Shaggy definitely needs a Cowardly trait.

So when I created this post I literally did not think of cowardly!

I can understand how a scared trait would be counteractive in a haunted house. But a cowardly trait could work, like being scared of mean sims or of adrenaline activities?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    All this Scooby Doo is bring back fawned memories of my childhood. :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

ok but what a mood though at least let me stop the spam mail somehow i have enough clay future cubes fish and spoiled cupcakes
    Oh I so hope that the ghosts don't reward us with any more of those future cubes, and the things of the sort. My global superstars get enough of those through the mail just by being a 5 star celeb. Someone had posted a screenshot from the trailer, asking about what looked like a little ghost shaped cupcake. And SimGuruNinja responded with "Ectocakes!" Now I'm just speculating here. But I'm thinking that this one of the rewards that we might get from a ghost.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    “Fearless” reward trait would be cool and I can only imagine we’ll get it (eventually)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    “Fearless” reward trait would be cool and I can only imagine we’ll get it (eventually)

We'll get the brave reward trait (already officially announced). We also already know that there won't be any new aspirations, so no trait coming from there. Looking forward for the livestream tomorrow. Maybe we'll get something more, while i somehow doubt it cause this is a stuff pack and i think it's already looking like a game pack...
    edited January 2021
    It looks like a Game Pack because of a new Skill directly tied to a new Career. And the Fear upgrade is helping too.

The trailer's got a Scooby Doo vibe to it, I think.

It would be cool if the Fashion had the Mystery Inc clothes in at least one form. Like Velma's polo neck and her pleated skirt and glasses, all separated, and one of the swatches just HAPPENS to be Orange and the skirt has a Red swatch. You can't copyright the colours orange and red.

Maybe we'll get more deaths patched in?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    It looks like a Game Pack because of a new Skill directly tied to a new Career. And the Fear upgrade is helping too.

The trailer's got a Scooby Doo vibe to it, I think.

It would be cool if the Fashion had the Mystery Inc clothes in at least one form. Like Velma's polo neck and her pleated skirt and glasses, all separated, and one of the swatches just HAPPENS to be Orange and the skirt has a Red swatch. You can't copyright the colours orange and red.

Maybe we'll get more deaths patched in?
    Since the trailer featured the ghost hunting career in if. Yeah it would have a Scooby Doo vibe to it. The only thing missing is the other three Scooby Doo gang members.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    As far as I know, all sims are "sacredy cats" for EVERYTHING (vampires, ghosts, thunderstorms, etc) by default. To have your sim be unique amongst the scaredy cat bunch you need to play and buy a reward trait, you can't make a sim who's brave from CAS. You could cheat reward points and all, but I don't like cheating.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i want a coward trait SO badly. i downloaded one as a mod, but it was a bit glitchy, and had my sim scared of the dark when it was...day.....
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i want a coward trait SO badly. i downloaded one as a mod, but it was a bit glitchy, and had my sim scared of the dark when it was...day.....
    Have you checked to see if the creator of this mod as an updated version of it?
    Is it my imagination, or are there a LOT more thunderstorms lately?
    Loanet wrote: »
    Is it my imagination, or are there a LOT more thunderstorms lately?
    What are you trying to say Loanet?