Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation Thread 2021(Now Out)

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    With the supernatural sp being released at 26th january my hopes on having some valentine's content are a bit down...

Paranormal SP Vs Valentines Patch. Its still possible.

It's certainly not impossible to get something free on Love Day. But we have to remember that thus far it'll just be your average monthly patch.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2021
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    honestly just hoping for bug fixes, especially for snowboarding and skiing, I havent been able to use any slopes but the easy one since the last patch/update which is sad...also the lifestyles need fixing.
    And maybe they'll add some more sentiments regarding the scared emotion.

I did not patch the last time around to try and avoid any issues and now I read the slopes are bugged? this is one of my absolute favorite packs and animations and while I am really looking forward to the paranormal pack I am now thinking about holding off again just in case my sims cannot ski..
  • Options
    Personally I think they're saving February for patching up anything that goes wrong with Paranormal.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    At this point I seriously feel we should be being paid to test the game..
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    honestly just hoping for bug fixes, especially for snowboarding and skiing, I havent been able to use any slopes but the easy one since the last patch/update which is sad...also the lifestyles need fixing.
    And maybe they'll add some more sentiments regarding the scared emotion.

I did not patch the last time around to try and avoid any issues and now I read the slopes are bugged? this is one of my absolute favorite packs and animations and while I am really looking forward to the paranormal pack I am now thinking about holding off again just in case my sims cannot ski..

Last I heard the slopes were bugged cause people were putting restaurants close by.
  • Options
    @catloverplayer

Thank you for that info. Do you mean placing restaurants in one of the lots close to the slopes themselves or anywhere in the world?
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I've been wondering if we're going to get a Free Valentines Update in February.

Can't remember last time we had a Valentines update. A box of edible chocolates would be nice.

I’m pretty sure it’s 2015 as we got some shirts/underwear and a teddy bear for Valentine’s Day that year.

They typically only do an update for The Sims’s anniversary in February.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I've been wondering if we're going to get a Free Valentines Update in February.

Can't remember last time we had a Valentines update. A box of edible chocolates would be nice.

I’m pretty sure it’s 2015 as we got some shirts/underwear and a teddy bear for Valentine’s Day that year.

They typically only do an update for The Sims’s anniversary in February.
    Which reminds me! I wonder if they have some sort of special content planned for the Sims's anniversary coming next month.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @catloverplayer

Thank you for that info. Do you mean placing restaurants in one of the lots close to the slopes themselves or anywhere in the world?

Close.
  • Options
    2 Days till The Patch!!!!
  • Options
    Can't remember! Was the haunted lot trait coming in the patch or pack?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

In the pack
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,962 Member
    edited January 2021

In the pack

haunted lot type is coming in pack

haunted lot trait (city living) will have name change which i think is in patch but it changes nothing but the name to spooky or whatever
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »

In the pack

haunted lot type is coming in pack

haunted lot trait (city living) will have name change which i think is in patch but it changes nothing but the name to spooky or whatever

This and it's called the Spooky Lot Trait.
  • Options
    1 day until the patch drops!!!!!

Can't wait to see what they've done with the afro from the base game. I'm almost sure it's getting updated in this patch.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

In the pack
    Thank you telmarina!
    Edited to correct: I meant lot type. Which telmarina caught onto.
  • Options
    Patch is Tomorrow!!!!
  • Options
    DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    I'm always excited for the patch before a pack!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,962 Member
    so excited to have scared emotion

hopefully avoids glitchbug fest though

and some bugs get kicked out the window

and alien light blue skin is back
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Time to clear out all your mods, especially any that involve messing with emotions.

I wonder if we'll get any new free items as well as the emotion? We really don't know how much Ghosts are getting changed.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    Time to clear out all your mods, especially any that involve messing with emotions.

I wonder if we'll get any new free items as well as the emotion? We really don't know how much Ghosts are getting changed.
    Oh yes, do clear all mods. Especially those that have anything to do with sims emotions. The reason why is that the patch can either mess up your mods or your mods might mess up your game with the new patch. So please do remove your mods. You can always reinstall your mods later, if you wish too.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Happy Patch Day! <3
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Happy Patch Day! <3

I look forward to what's broken. :D
  • Options
    I wonder if we'll get new textures for hair or a couple of free wallpaper swatches.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I hope they've fixed the stairs issue that was introduced along with platforms. And hopefully not by disabling platforms ;)