Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grocery and supermarkets

I feel like it would be really interesting if in the sims we actually have to stock the sims fridges and cabinets in order to make meals. It would feel more realistic and you would have to make time in your sim's days to go out for food.

You could have loads of different types of shops also, like smaller convenience stores where you can buy milk, chocolate and a few fruits and vegetables. Then you have the larger supermarkets with everything including stuff like pet food if you have cats and dogs. Online shopping could also be a feature where you have a lorry deliver all the food outside of your sims house (but this would cost more). There could also be markets where the food is cheaper and maybe nicer so the sim gets a moodlet from eating it?

Then if your sim was having a party, you could buy a premade cake and you would have to stock up on drinks, food and all that kind of stuff.

If this wasn't a feature you wanted, you could also have the option to turn it off in the game (I think this would be either an expansion pack or game pack).

I know that there are mods for stuff like this but I don't like having them in my game as they can slow it down.

Thoughts on this?

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I would really like that. I understand that the game is made to be easy for reasons, and it is a relief that it is not driven by grinding; but if it were an option to have some features be more challenging, that would be great. It would make it worth while to have sims garden for instance.
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Yeah exactly. I feel that shopping is such an important part of life and growing up that sims should have a 'food bill'. It would make looking after kids more realistic too as you have to feed them and buy special food for them.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    I agree!!
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I miss groceries! Buying eggs, cheese and meat for ingredients added such realistic flavor to the game. I hate how the only meat options we have came with Eco Lifestyle and are either faux meat cubes or...bugs. Who...who eats bugs???
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    It would be nice if the bugs could be bought in the grocery store, for a higher price than having the bug farm. They just allowed them to be sold/served where I live, very interesting.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    I felt this since Launch. I hated that you can have an empty fridge, and still be able to cook things.
    I want the whole experience, Which is why Farm Living Expansion Pack
    Cultivate, grow, evolve, we can already mass harvest crops, within hours (Sim time) we'd have thousands of crops, to sell.
    Some of those Items we can use to cook, other types of food and distribute.
    My farming family, Owns essentially the Country Side of Windenburg, and they have turned it all into farm land.
    they also have a couple of Grocery Stores and a restaurants in the city.
    right now I'm just using groups to work everything out, I have a Gardening and Harvesting Club, a Chef's & Baker's Club.
    What I really want is more of reason to Mass harvest crops.
    Nectar Making
    Ale Brewing
    New Crops like, Wheat, Barley. Honestly I just want to build a Wheat or Corn Maze from scratch!
    I have a vineyard going, I have an Orchard, Brazen Lotus's CC plants too. I now have oranges and corn.

With Seasons, Holidays/Events, Traditions.
    I'd like to See Eating Contests, Bake offs, Wine Tasting, Beer Chugging, Floral Arrangement challenges, Bobbing for apples.
    Play Tug of war, Maybe some olympic games, some medieval style like Jousting, Rodeo.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Bookworm2009189Bookworm2009189 Posts: 44 Member
    Omg, that would be sooo cool to have supermarkets. They could create a shopping list!
  • suuudeeeesuuudeeee Posts: 7 New Member
    If sims were able to go grocery shopping, I’d love to see them push around shopping carts and have the ability to put toddlers in them if they came along.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Supermarkets? No thanks.

Farmers markets? Yes please!
    Or even an old style corner shop.

f01bc24520d0b70e6bb14d3da9eb48e6.jpg

Or an Aussie style milk bar.
    They sold newspapers, milk, bread, ice creams, milkshakes, soft drinks, chocolate bars, pies, pasties, sausage rolls...

monster-children-eamon-donnelly-milk-bars-1-1.jpg

And the larger ones were more like this:
    Sort of like a cafe, but still selling news papers, milk, and bread.
    001golden_star.jpg
    MilkBar3.jpg

No, not sort of like a cafe, they were a cafe, this is where Australia's cafe culture began.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Supermarkets? No thanks.

Farmers markets? Yes please!
    Or even an old style corner shop.

f01bc24520d0b70e6bb14d3da9eb48e6.jpg

Or an Aussie style milk bar.
    They sold newspapers, milk, bread, ice creams, milkshakes, soft drinks, chocolate bars, pies, pasties, sausage rolls...

monster-children-eamon-donnelly-milk-bars-1-1.jpg

And the larger ones were more like this:
    Sort of like a cafe, but still selling news papers, milk, and bread.
    001golden_star.jpg
    MilkBar3.jpg

No, not sort of like a cafe, they were a cafe, this is where Australia's cafe culture began.

I really like this is would be great to see some traditional corner shops and also the cafe looking shops as well as supermarkets. Guess you could have a mix of modern and old-fashioned buildings. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Personally, I think a West Edmonton Mall would be better.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I miss groceries! Buying eggs, cheese and meat for ingredients added such realistic flavor to the game. I hate how the only meat options we have came with Eco Lifestyle and are either faux meat cubes or...bugs. Who...who eats bugs???

Lots of cultures eat bugs
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Personally, I'd rather have an open air fresh market type of grocery. With stalls selling different things like a stall for veggies, one for fruit, one for meat, one for dairy, etc. In the South, we call those a CURB MARKET. You pull up to the curb, wander through the stalls and shop, then, go home with you stuff.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member

One thing that bugs me as a decidedly carnivorous type of person is the lack of meat ingredients outside of seafood in Sims 4. Any farm living pack they come out with should absolutely include edible animals and their delicious products. Eggs, milk, meat, shearing sheep for wool to use with the Nifty Knitting pack, an active career as a stockman with a big farming work lot, an Animal Husbandry skill that works a bit like cat training or dog training and an associated college major, the possibilities are legion not just standalone but in concert with other packs already out there.

As for eating bugs, there's always one of my favorite random-dialogue exchanges from Fallout 4 between two Super Mutants:

"Ugh. Humans. So tough. So stringy."
    "Better than bugs."
    "Anything's better than bugs."
    "Not Ghouls."
    "HAHAHAHA You're right, brother. Not Ghouls."
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space