Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    > @Erika2502 said:
    > Hey, i wanted to know how to have twins or triplets in Sims 4, i tried using cheats but i dont think it worked. And also i would like to know if it's possible to abort a baby🤣yes i am a terrible person

To add to what Yautjagirl said above, there's a fertility massage from spa day and I think an Elixir or Fertility with Outdoor Retreat from herbalism. And if you're not opposed to mods, MC Command Center has options to input how many babies you want (not sure if there's a max) and has an end pregnancy option as well.
  • simmerkal09simmerkal09 Posts: 5 New Member
    If your new to the sims I would personally recommend watching Vixella, Clare Siobhan, Fantayzia they all do amazing lets plays/series, build challenges, CAS challenges (create a sim).
  • boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    OMG! I'll never forget when my sim put the baby sim on the grill. That was insane.
  • Lilith131367Lilith131367 Posts: 2 New Member
    When your Sim gets vacation time from work or school, how do you access that?
  • Lilith131367Lilith131367 Posts: 2 New Member
    Also, sometimes my Sim just stands there like an idiot and no matter how many times I give a command, they won't do it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    When your Sim gets vacation time from work or school, how do you access that?

You can call work a bit before work hours and ask to take a day off or you can take a vacation (also through a phone interaction) and it'll automatically take your vacation days, if you're staying out in work days.
  • noodleelfznoodleelfz Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi there,
    I have an odd question that I'm wondering the answer to. I'm not sure where to post it, so I hope here is okay.
    I have a sim who has had multiple boyfriends who have (mysteriously) passed on and she has their tombstones in her inventory. What I wanted to ask was will those ex-boyfriends (now tombstones) be able to remain in her inventory, or will they eventually be released to the spirit world, and eventually lost?
    Can a sim keep a sim ghost in a tombstone in their inventory, for as long as the tombstone is in their inventory, or not? Or has anyone else wondered about this?
    Sorry for such a strange question but I was hoping that she could keep them around, uh, albeit, dead??
  • kagome2480kagome2480 Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2021
    > @Lilith131367 said:
    > Also, sometimes my Sim just stands there like an ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and no matter how many times I give a command, they won't do it.

Hello, there. Have you tried resetting your sim? This might be able to help:
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-reset-stuck-and-unresponsive-sims-in-the-sims-4/#:~:text=Type%20resetSim%20Firstname%20Lastname%20and,%2C%20you%20can%20type%20resetSim%20*.
    Post edited by kagome2480 on
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    noodleelfz wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have an odd question that I'm wondering the answer to. I'm not sure where to post it, so I hope here is okay.
    I have a sim who has had multiple boyfriends who have (mysteriously) passed on and she has their tombstones in her inventory. What I wanted to ask was will those ex-boyfriends (now tombstones) be able to remain in her inventory, or will they eventually be released to the spirit world, and eventually lost?
    Can a sim keep a sim ghost in a tombstone in their inventory, for as long as the tombstone is in their inventory, or not? Or has anyone else wondered about this?
    Sorry for such a strange question but I was hoping that she could keep them around, uh, albeit, dead??

The tombstone can stay in the inventory forever, but the spirit will be released to the spirit world (deleted of the game). But you can place the tombstone at home or in the garden and then click it and choose "strenghten the connection to the world". This way you can avoid they been deleted..
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When you're trying to beat the Mansion Baron aspiration with a super-expensive house you don't actually have to try that hard. Randomly around the lot, I put the rest of the windows and columns I didn't have (my house was huge and expensive anyway I swear). Then I put down a bunch of cabinets. Then I put down about 20 of the S10,000 Ghostwriter computers to finish up on top of the cabinets - they are one of the most expensive items in the game, and when I switched back, all of my Sims qualified because of my secret basement room.

After doing this and qualifying, I then returned to build mode and sold the excess furniture and columns back again at full price.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited January 2021
    noodleelfz wrote: »
    Hi there,

As @telmarina said, you can place it as a tombstone on a lot then strengthen their connection to this world. You can also place it indoors anywhere as an urn to do do the same thing. I sometimes put the urns on the mantle of fireplaces.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• noodleelfznoodleelfz Posts: 8 New Member
    > @telmarina said:
    > The tombstone can stay in the inventory forever, but the spirit will be released to the spirit world (deleted of the game). But you can place the tombstone at home or in the garden and then click it and choose "strenghten the connection to the world". This way you can avoid they been deleted..

Cool, thanks for letting me know <3
  • SMae64SMae64 Posts: 21 Member
    Just received an email congratulating me on being a member for 2 years....cannot believe it's been that long! :#

I'm going to make more of my membership by actually posting though - hi everyone :)
  • Memmy12Memmy12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I found out that when you do "Shift+click" at a random spot on the floor, it gives you the option to teleport!
  • modifiedmom4891modifiedmom4891 Posts: 7 New Member
    how do I edit my profile picture?
  • EPlumbobEPlumbob Posts: 1 New Member
    Squee! Sul sul everyone, I am so happy to be part of this community. I've literally played sims since I was a wee lil' girl and now I am at the ripe age of 24, still spending my $$ on this game. No regrets, though. Anyway, I honestly didn't know what my first post should be about -- so I've come (like many!) with a question.

I am trying to build up a legacy on my sim. She is a business woman (Angel Investor and everythin') she is getting raises every other day, she is a 3* celebrity, AND a writer (yes, yes, she has even been recognized by Starlight Accolades about a sad book she wrote after a friend passed, I AM TELLING YOU I AM INVESTED). She is also a social butterfly. If that is not unrealistic expectations, I don't what is. Anyway, if she can do it, I am happy for her.

Now, since she has started writing, I've gotten it in my head to write really descriptive...descriptions for her books but the word limit is INSANELY TIGHT. Do you guys have any tips/cheats as to how it can be expanded? Maybe it cannot, in which case I will be sorely sad... Thank you and I look forward to chatting with more of you!

P.S. In this gameplay, Mortimer Goth passed away (RIP Morty you shall be gravely missed), BUT before he did so, BELLA AND HE had a SON and the SON is named OCTAVIO. So I am wondering whether that was planned by the Sims team? I literally gasped when I saw the toddler at Ophelia Mansion or whatever the house is called. Okay, okay, that's all -- PEACE!
  • CatLady21CatLady21 Posts: 29 Member
    Greetings! I am a new Simmer and while I haven't played the Sims in a long while, I am thinking of returning to it real soon. Right now, I am in another game and want to complete it.
  • zavocadozavocado Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, everyone! I'm a long-time Simmer, been playing since I was a kid with the Sims 2, but I'm only just discovering this forum. I've been getting really into building houses in the Sims 4 and trying to do speed builds for YouTube lately. Might get back into legacy challenges. I did a LOT of those with the Sims 3 until I owned the whole town lol
  • computer1101computer1101 Posts: 7 New Member
    My teenage boy went to glimmerbrook to become a spellcaster he experimented with the cauldron and now for some strange reason looks very pregnant. I have no mods so I dont know how this happened
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    how do I edit my profile picture?

When you post more comments, you become a member instead of a new member. Than you will have more options, like add a profile picture or start a new discussion.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Also, sometimes my Sim just stands there like an ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and no matter how many times I give a command, they won't do it.

Mine does that too. I go to manage world and then go right back and they are unstuck.
    Pixilated wrote: »
    > @Erika2502 said:
    > Hey, i wanted to know how to have twins or triplets in Sims 4, i tried using cheats but i dont think it worked. And also i would like to know if it's possible to abort a baby🤣yes i am a terrible person

To add to what Yautjagirl said above, there's a fertility massage from spa day and I think an Elixir or Fertility with Outdoor Retreat from herbalism. And if you're not opposed to mods, MC Command Center has options to input how many babies you want (not sure if there's a max) and has an end pregnancy option as well.

When you build, the traits for the house, pick on a lay line, it's a picture of twins. But don't pick the dark lay line twins unless you want vampires. And there is a very fertile trait you can buy with sim points.
    Charla97 wrote: »
    Hello my name is Charla. I'm new to the Sims 4 but have enjoyed it so far and look forward to discovering more. I'm currently not well sadly - not Covid thank goodness - an infection in my stomach and bladder, I was in hospital on Monday and let out on Tuesday night but think I'll be back in tomorrow as still in lots of pain and not feeling very well. This time I'll make sure I take my laptop so I can do some Sims playing.

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome and get well soon.
  • mairigranmairigran Posts: 1 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > I've found the Gallery to be an invaluable source. I cannot build and have absolutely no desire to build. There are so many awesome builders in the community so I download all my lots and then make any necessary design changes to suit my purposes.
    > Plus I prefer to spend my time on live gameplay.
    >
    > My favorite game feature would have to be toddlers. They're adorable and oh so realistic. 💗
    >
    > Since this thread expressly asked for tips on the Sims 4 all I'll say about the previous versions is that you can find information on them in other sections of the forum.
    >
    > Have fun and as @EA_Mai said don't hesitate to ask questions. 😊
  • simmerannsimmerann Posts: 25 Member
    First patch Day with mods- what do I need to do? I've heard I need to do something (take out all my mods and reinstall, but how and when?), but can someone please spell it out for this newbie? Thank you!