Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There's a new survey out - maybe by email only

Found in yesterday's email a new survey from EA on TS4. About half of the questions were on what do we think of TS4, two of them giving space to explain why we answer as we do. The other half, two sets of 9 questions of the where are we between two alternatives variety, is squarely aimed at online gaming. I hope I'm wrong, but got the feeling they are fishing for what in 4 we want carried over and how to best configure an online 5.

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Huh not seeing it yet myself. That is my worry is the push for online gaming. I don't feel safe having the Sims be an online game especially with what has happened last few years. Sims has always been a franchise of love and I would like it to stay that way.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I got the survey as well. Funny, I put in there that the game really needs a Fear emotion (and other things) and only like, a day later we found out we're getting the Scared emotion.

Besides the online gaming questions, (which I felt were for more than just Sims 4, but their other games as well), I was a little concerned about the focus on trendiness. One of the questions actually asked if I though their were enough trendy CAS clothing in the game. I said yes. I wish I could have answered, "too much". Other questions were about inclusivity and the skin tones and if I felt "represented". But they left no box for any personal comments, which I really would have liked. It was pretty much "yes" or "no" for some of those.
    #Team Occult
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Moving everyone onto an online multiplayer game with micro-transactions & a subscription is where I would clock out. Those types of games were all the rage a few years ago but the Sims series has a huge following and really doesn't need that. It's not for me but I could see adding the ability to play virtually with friends even though I wouldn't do that and have no interest.

I'd be fine with some kind of upgrade. Ideally, given the type of game it is, I think it's better to launch some interoperable next level of the game. I don't think this should be a question of focusing on inclusiveness vs. gameplay. The point of inclusiveness is to then be able to bring in gameplay because more players are engaged in the game.

I don't make representations of myself to play and I have zero interest in some Avatar-based community. If they want some online spin-off, they can do that and I'm not the market for that. If that's "Sims 5"? Um, I'll play my current game and probably Paralives.

I'm still not wanting to buy pets, seasons, etc, all over again. I do think we're in a different era than 2014 but also the content looks better than it did. I'd rather re-name or re-brand it. I could see a transition to a next generation, a more historic spin-off and/or a supernatural spin-off.

They can keep making and selling new content such as game packs, new themes and new gameplay. I do think they have a good art department for developing CAS/BB around different themes.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited January 2021
    If S5 is an online game, them I'm definitely out. I DO NOT want to play online with friends or enemies or strangers with candy. I hated that failed experiment in S3 Showtime called SIMPORT. What a stupid and ridiculous idea that was. I did not participate then and I will not participate now. And now, S5 online? Nope! They have slowly drained all the life out of S4 and with S5 online, they will just take an axe and give it forty whacks until it's dead too. For a group of professional game developers that claim to LOVE the game they are lucky enough to be working on, they sure are making every bad choice and huge mistake you could make.

Thank The Watcher for Paralives.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    link to survey?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I received the email too with the survey.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    If the Sims 5 is online I will stick with the Sims 4 or move to Paralives. I have no interest in online play.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I don't want to play an online version of Sims either. Will stick to Sims 4 or earlier, or try paralives.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    Does anyone have a link to the survey?
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I haven't received any email. Those who got it, did it come directly to your email or was it when you signed in to Origin? How do I find it? Also am wondering if this survey is for everyone, a select few, or only those living in America?
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    EA says it wants to be more inclusive, but taking Sims5 into the realm of games made exclusively for online gamers will disenfranchise a large portion of the fan base unless EA makes that an option rather than its usual 'take it or leave it' way of doing things. Other than the fact I do not want to play with strangers; I am not inclined to purchase another 30-plus packs, update my game every month, or rely on a modding community to make the game less buggy and have a bit more depth. Sims3 and 4 have needed many mods in order to survive, and if that is any indication of what is in store for Sims5, count me out. I'm tired of waiting for bug fixes and content I would like to see in my game. It has been six years, and Sims4 still feels half-baked. I'm taking a step back and will wait to see what Sims5 looks like rather than make the decision to stay with the franchise or walk away and be happy with Sims3 and 4. But if Sims5 turns out to be an online only game, my decision is clear. There is no way I will buy it, or play it. I don't dislike Sims4. I play it more than I play my other games. But the bugs and the waiting for new content that is relevant to how I want to play it, has taken a toll on my patience. And I just cannot face another six years of this when I'd rather just play and enjoy the journey.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited January 2021
    They are probably exploring options for what they can do with the sims5... single player games has to evolve to meet the current expectation of players. This is just the way the industry is moving forward, but I hope that they will focus on customization, replayability and depth.

People are still willing to pay and play for single player games without microtransactions from EA. Star Wars Jedi Fallen order and Star Wars Squadrons are examples of that... but EA are most likely still going to try and explore online options for the next sims game. I just hope that these surveys can help them understand what players want.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Hm? what is one supposed to do to get these emails though?

seems weird they only send it by email if they want any real results on the survey
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I think EA just sent these surveys to random account emails. The link was in the email I got, it said, "Make your opinion count!" It said it was a two-question survey, and it was similar to the ones I used to get from Origin pop-ups in the first couple of years when Sims 4 was new. They asked to rate the game on 1-10 scale and give a reason, and asked if I'd recommend the game. My survey asked more questions after that because I think if you rate it below a certain number, it asks you more. I mean, I didn't rate it wicked low, I think I gave it a 6, and stated that it needed a Fear emotion and some other things. (Now that Scared is coming, I'd rate it higher.) But then I got a few more questions and an additional gaming survey after that.

I do keep telemetry on in my game, but I don't know if that has anything to do with being chosen. I used to think it did for the Origin popup surveys.
    #Team Occult
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I didn't get it I keep telemetry
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I received the survey, but when I answered that I wasn't in one of the regions they were asking, it thanked me and there were no further questions. :-/ They seems to only be interested in responses from North America and the UK if I recall the regions the survey asked I was from.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    This survey worries me a bit.

I don't like the idea of being forced to play online. I want my sims in my world. I don't want other people to intervene in my stories. The gallery is a great feature but that is voluntary. We don't have to use it.
    A mandatory subscription to play the sims would be where I draw the line.

I did not get the link. If it is really only for US and UK than that means EA doesn't care for me anyway, despite the fact that I am a long time simmer since the year 2000. :(
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    So their idea of being "inclusive" is effectively shutting out most of the simming world by only allowing US and UK simmers to answer? Actually I'm not too surprised, because if this is about making a possible TS5 online only, they have a good track record with TSO in the past. TSO was not, as far as I know, "released" outside the US. Its only because an american friend that I even knew about it and played it. Then again, I've never seen any advertising for any TS games in my country. I might have missed it, though.

I'm thinking EA doesn't care for me either way, not only because I'm not a US/UK citizen, but also because I'm not a teenage girl anymore. I'm not their target audience, they don't care that I played the Sims almost 20 years.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No survey for me, but the idea of online only with micro transactions up the wazoo and subscriptions? OH HELLZ NAW! IM OUT. BYE. LATERS.

I REFUSE to pay money for small inconsequential things (Im not taking about packs) that should be in base game already. Want this shirt? $5. Want this same exact bathroom set but in a different color? $7. Want your sims to live in a different neighborhood? $25. And I know that this is the kind of malarkey that EA would come up with. They're itching to do stuff like this to the Sims. In fact, Im willing to bet that if micro-transactions in $60 games was a more common thing in 2014, then our iteration right now would be full of them.

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I am from the UK and have not received a survey email plus as another player pointed out it cannot be a survey in the real sense of the word if everyone is not included which is why I presumed I had seen most of them online in the past as a sort of tick box affair?

Also if series 5 ends up online that's when my journey with the sims will end as well as I like to play purley sandbox style however as I still have series S1-4 to go at I won't be too sad but I feel for other players who maybe don't want to play other versions of the game as you will be left with series 4 of the game only.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I didn't get a survey emailed to me either and I am in the US.

But I sincerely hope that if Sims 5 ever comes it won't be online either. I absolutely hate the idea of it being online and defintely would not be buying it or playing it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    I didn't receive the survey. I guess I'm not one of the chosen. :D
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I’m in the US and I didn’t receive the survey either, and I agree with the majority on the thread. If TS5 happens and it’s online I will be saying peace out to The Sims going forward and will just play TS4. I don’t want anyone nosing around in MY world.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    What if sims 5 are going to be like sims 4/sims 3 but with a city/world that is online that you can visit if you want? With hotels and tourist attraction etc... I would be interested in something like that, but only if you have the option to stay offline and play your game and never visit the online city.