Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I kinda like the eyeball ring

*ducks*

Me too! I actually have used it on more than three Sims. Usually some kind of monsters or creature Sims, but still...
    #Team Occult
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't care a bit if an animation is recycled or not. It opens a new and different way to use it in my stories and that's the only thing i care about.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    - I find Sims 4 more fun than the other games in the franchise and it keeps me amused for a lot longer.

Same for me although I've only just recently realized it.

I've tried to love the Sims 3 and it really is a lovely game but I just don't enjoy playing it as much as I do the Sims 4. I have so much attachment to my Sims 4 sims and no matter how much I try I just don't feel the same way about sims in the Sims 3.

I've also been down that road and back :) we really need to go check to realize that.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Genkider wrote: »
    The Sims 3 is the worst game in the franchise and overall one of the ugliest games I've seen graphically speaking.

TS3 for console was the same way. It's the reason why I played the old PS2 versions up until I bought TS4 lol.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so agree with telmarina & Sharonia. Sims 3 gives me perspective on Sims 4 & helps me appreciate the current game.
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    pjn wrote: »
    Stuff breaking is stupid and not fun. There should be an option to turn this "feature" off. Or at least make it WAY less common.

I wouldn't like it for objects to not break at all, but I do feel they break too often. I like big families, and if I'm playing a family that's like 6-8 people, they have multiple objects per day break, it's a little annoying (and also makes it very easy to quickly master the repair skill).
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2021
    if you don't like occults, don't buy pack with them in it. you ain't forced to buy all packs. focus on something else in your life don't make this videogame a priority so hard you'll make it annoying for every other player until you get what you want, on the whiniest way possible.
    i agree the game has lots of flaws & lacks many features, also agreed that ea is a terrible company, but saying "omg another fantasy pack smh my head y'all don't listen y'all just want our money emoji emoji" is not an argument, not for a franchise that has had this kind of content since the year 2000. the sims has never been a 100% realistic life simulator.

[profanity removed - EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    > @Becka28 said:
    > I dislike having weather and seasons in my game.

there should be a setting to disable weather.

There are 2 in the game options under Seasons. One disables temperature affects on sims, and the other disables Thunderstorms and Blizzards.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Aside from the Goths, I don’t care for old premade sims in the franchise. The community seems to have an attachment to them. I evict or delete most of them to make my own, which I find more interesting.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Aside from the Goths, I don’t care for old premade sims in the franchise. The community seems to have an attachment to them. I evict or delete most of them to make my own, which I find more interesting.

Same I always delete them all and flush out the town and all its old buildings
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • bubblegum2304bubblegum2304 Posts: 3 New Member
    This isn't exactly an unpopular opinion, but I don't see it mentioned very often. Ever since I loaded up the game for the first time in 2015, I've been dying for clusters of houses that are joined, and/or multiple flats with a ittybitty square in between. It is such a common sight where I live. Living in a detached home is only reserved for the millionaires or farmers where I live. I get that the Sims games get developed in California and thus come with a cultural context, but the game feels more like a US simulator than a general life simulator. I think houses right next to eachother could ease that feeling for me.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I don't want to see supernatural stuff or more Alien themed stuff, either. Both are boring. Especially, that secret Sixam planet world. I mean, there is absolutely nothing to do there, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Not sure if this is so unpopular but I see so many people acting like Sims 4 is a terrible game all round and 3 and 2 are perfect which just isn't true. I played 3 for years and I love that game but there's so many things about it that are disappointing and lacking and all over the place. I don't understand the whole thing of completely ignoring every issue in the older games and acting like they're the best thing ever because you like the game and can see past its flaws, but then if someone feels the same about 4 they're an "EA apologist"...

Also the most nonsense thing I've heard is that "the older games are better because Sims 4 is full of bugs". Like what? Sims 3 they just shoved in totally broken packs and were like "here you go! :)" and then just left them and made no effort to fix any bugs. Did they even issue bug fixes in 3?

Rose-coloured glasses are a powerful drug, that's for sure.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I very rarely let my sims have dogs because they are too whiny and needy.
    Also, aliens should've been a separate pack from Get to Work, both so that they could be more detailed for those who love them, and that those who bought the pack for careers won't have to ever deal with them.

Agree with both points. I was also disappointed that the game made the cats and dogs too annoying for sims to own. In fact, they are not that needy nor get constantly sick like that in real life, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    I very rarely let my sims have dogs because they are too whiny and needy.
    Also, aliens should've been a separate pack from Get to Work, both so that they could be more detailed for those who love them, and that those who bought the pack for careers won't have to ever deal with them.

Agree with both points. I was also disappointed that the game made the cats and dogs too annoying for sims to own. In fact, they are not that needy nor get constantly sick like that in real life, lol.

Tell me about it, I love pets irl, but omg the pets in the sims are so annoying, especially the dogs, wanting to be walked like every five sim minutes, even after they just came back from a walk. Even more frustrating when it's raining (if you have seasons) and they're just begging to go for a walk in the middle of a thunderstorm. Like what are their priorities? lol
    I guess it's kind of like an irl dog, but omg.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Not sure if this is so unpopular but I see so many people acting like Sims 4 is a terrible game all round and 3 and 2 are perfect which just isn't true. I played 3 for years and I love that game but there's so many things about it that are disappointing and lacking and all over the place. I don't understand the whole thing of completely ignoring every issue in the older games and acting like they're the best thing ever because you like the game and can see past its flaws, but then if someone feels the same about 4 they're an "EA apologist"...

Also the most nonsense thing I've heard is that "the older games are better because Sims 4 is full of bugs". Like what? Sims 3 they just shoved in totally broken packs and were like "here you go! :)" and then just left them and made no effort to fix any bugs. Did they even issue bug fixes in 3?

The Sims 3 definitely has it’s fair share of bugs and I think it’s far from a perfect game. My sim came home from work once and parked their car in the living room of their house which I thought was most amusing but also shouldn’t of happened. The difference with older games and the Sims 4 though is that the older games got a lot more content for the price they cost. The expansion packs were very expansive compared to the Sims 4 packs. I think this is the reason why many people tend to prefer the older games.

I have all the games minus the first one installed on my PC and I like them all but TS4 is still my favourite currently despite the bugs and it lacking in content compared with the older games. I love the sims in TS4, they are so expressive and lively.
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    Id really like them to move onto Sims 5 already and them to focus on actual gameplay and not Diversity™

Exactly!! When i hear another game pack or expansion for sims 4 is in the works I just wanna scream. I am ready for sims 5. With a closed world unless they fix the babies and add cars , there isnt anything they could do that would wow me. I feel at this point they are just dragging it out. I never felt this way with sims 3.

Sharonia wrote: »

The Sims 3 definitely has it’s fair share of bugs and I think it’s far from a perfect game. My sim came home from work once and parked their car in the living room of their house which I thought was most amusing but also shouldn’t of happened. The difference with older games and the Sims 4 though is that the older games got a lot more content for the price they cost. The expansion packs were very expansive compared to the Sims 4 packs. I think this is the reason why many people tend to prefer the older games.

I have all the games minus the first one installed on my PC and I like them all but TS4 is still my favourite currently despite the bugs and it lacking in content compared with the older games. I love the sims in TS4, they are so expressive and lively.

For real, I love TS3, but it was so unstable at the end of its lifespan (Supernatural onwards) that some worlds were unplayable, I couldn't even load Island Paradise or use underwater lots without extreme framerate drop or simulation lag, where other times my game would just outright crash the moment I went into the game especially in Isla Paradiso.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

The Sims 4 has never been and will never be a "realistic" life simulator. If it were a "Realistic" life simulator here's some things that would already be going on in the game.

~Your sim will not be befriending, falling in love, and marrying the sim of their dreams all in under a week.

~Your sim isnt getting into even the first level of ALOT of careers in the game without going to college first. Just playing chess to level up your Logic just wont cut it for medical school honey! Also your sim has to actually get accepted into school, rather than just not getting into the program of their choice.

~Speaking of work your sims isnt likely getting the job the moment they get off the phone. Send in a resume, MAYBE you'll get the first interview, MAYBE a callback, and MAYBE a second interview, and then maybe JUST MAYBE, the boss will call to say that you got the job, rather than to try again in 6 months. (But they have your resume on file so that's okay! ;) )

~Your sim getting a random 20k when they first start off? HA. Where'd that money come from? Maybe it was from a rich family auntie? Or was it a LOAN from the bank that you're gonna have to pay back? With interest?

~Also, your sim isnt coming home with a paycheck everyday. Once weekly or bi-weekly, with a varying amount of money taken out for taxes. That 2k check your sim just got? How lovely, but that's not your sim's take home pay. After deductions your sim gets about 1,500.

~Also, lets say that your sim isnt doing too well financially. Well, its real cute that the only thing they have to worry about is the power/water being cut and the repo man taking something away. But in real life, not paying the rent makes the landlord throw you out. And not paying the mortgage makes you default on your loans, the company that loaned you the house takes ownership of it, and then throws you out.

And I know some users will say "well that's too realistic!" Well, you cant be asking for a more realistic game (the same game that never said it was in the first place) if all you want is just "perfect suburban utopia" and not have any of these very real scenarios that happen in real life.

The Sims is a family life simulator. It is a Vampire life simulator. Its a single parent life simulator. Its an alien with 5 hot human boyfriends life simulator. Its ANY life simulator we want it to be! It is NOT strictly realistic!

Hooray to both of these! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Simanthaa67Simanthaa67 Posts: 17 Member
    :D :D :D !!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm quite content for stuff packs to be churned out with new careers/traits/skills than huge, buggy EPs/GPs.
  • Large_Pile_Of_SnakesLarge_Pile_Of_Snakes Posts: 2 New Member
    Seasons doesn't look that good. Not calling it bad, but not as top tier as people say. I don't have it (the only one I have is Get Famous) but I'd rather buy:
    Eco Lifestyle
    Discover University
    Get Together
    Parenthood
    Vampires
    Dine Out
    Nifty Knitting
    Tiny Living
    Seasons would probably come after those 8 for me. 9 if you count Get Famous which I already have.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top