Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack manifests soon!

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Prepare yourself for some scary-fun times.

Beware, Simmers, for something new is appearing before your very eyes: The Sims™ 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack*, available on January 26, 2021!

Welcome to your Sim’s new home! Sure, the listing said “haunted,” but everyone knows that’s just a myth. Why should you believe it?

At night, though… well. The lights flicker overhead, casting shadows at your Sim’s feet. In another room, a door slams shut, even though no one else is home. And what was that sound? Where’s it coming from? This is getting weird.

Okay, so it turns out there are some rumors that turn out to be true. These spooky specters moved in first, and they don’t let anyone forget it.

kqkc7uo0pg88.png

ysterious runes and clay hands appear randomly while crawling vines sprout in the yard. The sacred candle your Sim lit for safety blows out with barely a wisp of smoke. And no one knows where that horrifying doll came from. As the house gets weirder and weirder, goosebumps rise and scared Sims scatter in a panic-induced terror.

Luckily, your Sim doesn’t have to deal with this alone! There’s one helpful friend who’s happy to help: Claude René Duplantier Guidry (the Ghost). This somewhat flirty apparition offers the secrets to serenity. Under his tutelage, learn how to appease the specters ruining a good night’s sleep.

Some specters are playful, other mischievous, and a few are downright ornery. If they leave accursed objects behind, try to tidy up and remove them. Offer gifts or attempt communicating with the specters to try and please them. If they’re satisfied, Sims might get a present in return as the specter fades away. Otherwise, it’s time to turn to the séance table.

ywuavwqox7at.png

Séances serve as a way to communicate with the world beyond. Perform a séance to sense the mood of specters, commune with the dead, or complete a ghastly ritual. Plus, Sims can summon Guidry for extra help or summon Bonehilda the skeletal maid for a spot of cleaning! Doing so builds a Sim’s Medium skill. (Do be careful not to go ghost yourself, though.)

Once a Sim overcomes their fear, restores balance to the home, and masters the paranormal, Guidry the Ghost presents a coveted Paranormal Investigator license. Basically, your Sim can become a ghost hunter. No, ghost tracker. Ghost… buster? You ain’t afraid of no ghost, right? Pick up gigs as a freelance Paranormal Investigator to help other Sims experiencing haunting phenomena and make a few Simoleons while you’re at it!

Get The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack on January 26, 2021, on Origin (for Mac and PC), Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4 to start your spooktacular adventure!

Source: ea.com
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I am so excited! I'm already drawing up plans to turn all the lots in Forgotten Hollow or Glimmerbrook into Haunted Houses and turn my Sim into a Spellcaster building up the Medium skill. :o
  • Options
    valairia1valairia1 Posts: 100 Member
    This looks so cool. I am going to get it.
    The author of The Student Librarian for sale at Amazon. Keep watching for more up coming novels.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Can someone explain how this Paranormal Investigator licence works? Does it mean the ghost hunter career isn't a regular freelancer career that you just pick from the list whenever you feel like it, but you have to meet certain requirements first? Or does the licence function more like a university degree that lets you start the career at a higher level? (Or maybe it's just a reward for a job well done?)

Anyway, this is right up my alley! I made a witch last year who is also supposed to be a medium, and didn't give her any regular job because I was waiting for a paranormal career to be added for her. She'll be just as excited as I am right now! :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2021
    I like that it looks like you did not use too much trailer magic in the trailer, most animations that we see looks like animations that we will see in the game as well (probably).
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Does this mean a new fear emotion is coming?👀
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I always figured the "Tense" emotion doubled as fear because sims get it in dangerous situations like when there's a fire, so now I'm curious if some of those tense moodlets will be replaced by fear moodlets after the update. Perhaps there will even be a new feature in CAS to determine what our sims are afraid of. That would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    You know what would be cool? If lots of things in the game had new spooky interactions, so when you have a normal house they behave normally but in a haunted house they behave spookily, and if you want to get rid of the spookiness you can make them normal again - but you have to learn to be a Medium to get rid of the spookiness.

Presumably you will be able to die of fright though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I always figured the "Tense" emotion doubled as fear because sims get it in dangerous situations like when there's a fire, so now I'm curious if some of those tense moodlets will be replaced by fear moodlets after the update. Perhaps there will even be a new feature in CAS to determine what our sims are afraid of. That would be pretty cool.

Yes, some of the tense emotions will be replaced, and I guess some others, too.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Hey, it comes out the day after my birthday !
  • Options
    Lilygh08Lilygh08 Posts: 3 New Member
    This comes out the day before my sister's birthday.
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    I am SO EXCITED! I *love* this! <3:D
    I love the new emotion, the new orleans voodoo feel of the BB, the bead curtains, the beautiful wallpaper, BONEHILDA <3
    I love the paranormal, seances, cute ghost(s), medium skill, new freelance work, new lot type! THERE'S SO MUCH! :smiley:
    There's a voodoo (drag) queen and swamp witch in my gallery that I look forward to playing with when this comes out (I could never quite nail the decor for their homes before, lol).
    This job is gonna be perfect for spellcasters!
    The shaggy hair cut with bangs is SUPER CUTE <3 and the locs mohawk is gonna be my new favourite hair; it's so cool!
    I cannot wait to explore the spooky occult items!
    Oh ya, the clothes, they're fantastic! I especially like the long shirt and shorts combo on the far right at 1:09 and *all* the pants. Straight up, lol. They're *very cute*.

SO EXCITED
    <3<3<3<3<3<3
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

Although I'm wondering... will our Sims be able to die from too much fright?

I wondered this too, or would they pee themselves? :lol:

giphy.gif
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Probably going to pass on the pack (paranormal/occult/spooky stuff isn't really my jam) but I love the idea of a proper "Scared" emotion in the basegame.

Any early word on when the next patch is coming out? Would love to see if some of the bugs that crept into the game in the November and December updates have been squashed.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Was hoping for a game pack, but still pleasantly surprised
  • Options
    lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Im happy about this pack, it way better than the star wars...but I hope the basegame gets an needed update with loads and controls.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't like Sims dying, but I love paranormal stuff, so I can't wait for this pack to make my houses properly spooky.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    can we catch the ghosts
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    If there is a scared emotion coming I wish all Sims would not be so easily scared, some would be brave, some would be easily scared and some would be neutral
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    If there is a scared emotion coming I wish all Sims would not be so easily scared, some would be brave, some would be easily scared and some would be neutral

They did say that a new reward trait is coming that affects the scared motion. Maybe it will do something like this.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    krist556 wrote: »
    can we catch the ghosts

You'll notice in a few scenes in the trailer that there are some of the little spirits in bell jars on side tables and such. There's at least a red one and a green one shown in the video, so yes, we can somehow capture the spirits.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Wow i was not expecting this one! A game pack would be better, but i'm super excited!
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Oh yibs, I am totally on Ouija board with this one.
    Though, at the end of the trailer, shouldn't "Play With Life" be "Play With After-Life?"
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Definitely looking forward to this one! Finally more supernatural stuff! <3