Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @FidgetyAtom No problem! Glad I could help.
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #85: Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID:linzlulubell
    ORIGIN ID:linzlulubell
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CEDC4F63F41B11E78E22E0F9547847F5?fb_action_ids=1905266156168096&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=1905266156168096&fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LOT COST: $8,500
    LOT NAME: twin oracle point
    BUILD COST: $311,668
    TOTAL COST:$320,168
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/YDBNT
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to pick the antique tea pot and deck this house out Victorian Christmas style, custom trees in almost every room. Normally I would try to maintain the same color pallet throughout the house but I added some color in the bedrooms to make different Christmas tree variations but tried to keep them in flow. Very large custom Christmas tree in the yard. I'm sorry but I just don't have much time to write about my build right now, hopefully my pictures speak for themselves. (I will be editing to give my CC credits later tonight) 1/9 update: I first want to note that I added the glowing floor for my exterior pictures but deleted it on the upload. It added about $20,000 to the cost, I wanted to take pictures with both effects. I saw the potential to make this house to use in game as a vacation rental for my simself family's Christmas celebration, plus I just super love Christmas.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: why not
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Lulu265, soloria, kansascityrose, simcredible, severinka, buff summ, kardofe, the numbers woman, wondymoon
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    RrE8DD7.png

2ejNvR7.png

Post edited by linzlulubell on
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    FORUM ID: LadyAlexiel
    ORIGIN ID: LadyAlexiel
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C8FBEE68F55211E78CC6E0F9547847F5?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS85&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $8500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point - Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $ 298,734
    TOTAL COST: $ 340,087
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/6VC0U
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chosed the raw antique teapot and Decided to make an antique styled house negleted by the time with a garden who turned into a kind of swamp. My house is named Swamp house BnS85.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A - no CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4tRCeiR.png
    WV9RRFS.png
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Wowza!! Welcome to BuildnShare @LadyAlexiel <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Such a cool idea, @LadyAlexiel !
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @LadyAlexiel What a great house! Good going, that's a keeper.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Pallystyle and @BuildnShare @FidgetyAtom thank you for your comments :)
    Post edited by LadyAlexiel on
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    @BuildnShare Ok so on the May Not Do section of the contest it says "Change the roof shape, but you MAY change the texture and colour, the pitch, add trim, adjust the curvature, etc."

Now does this mean I can indeed change curvature? I don't know why my brain is not clicking...
    Xraygrl2004
    xska9sx.png
    linzlulubell
    RrE8DD7.png
    LadyAlexiel
    4tRCeiR.png

Just wanted to say beautiful work you guys, I love how everyone's version of this shell is completely different!
    @BuildnShare or anyone who may know, what time on the 10th does this end? Please include the time zone so that I can convert the time to Central U.S. Time. Thanks!
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Is this until the end of the 10th or the beginning of the 10th for Challenge #85?
    biglil711 wrote: »
    Is this until the end of the 10th or the beginning of the 10th for Challenge #85?

11:59 pm Eastern Time.
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    biglil711 wrote: »

11:59 pm Eastern Time.
    Thanks!
    @MeaganJo Oh thank god- so I have all day tomorrow to finish and get pictures- honestly I still have a bit left to do. I haven't even furnished the second floor landing! And do you know how many pictures I'll have to take and upload! Oh what a world, what a world- LOL. I may just barely make it.
    @MeaganJo Oh thank god- so I have all day tomorrow to finish and get pictures- honestly I still have a bit left to do. I haven't even furnished the second floor landing! And do you know how many pictures I'll have to take and upload! Oh what a world, what a world- LOL. I may just barely make it.

You've got this Jason, I believe in you!!! I didn't think I would get finished either and well here I am taking many many many pics and getting motion sickness over it, so much easier on my poor head to make a video but no time for that lol.

You've got this Jason, I believe in you!!! I didn't think I would get finished either and well here I am taking many many many pics and getting motion sickness over it, so much easier on my poor head to make a video but no time for that lol.

Sorry it's giving you motion sickness @MeaganJo, but we don't accept videos anyway ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @MeaganJo I got motion sick too when doing all my pictures. Another reason I started hating that house...lol

edited January 2018
    If anyone needs it, we are offering a 24 hr extension on this challenge. But you must let us know here if you wish to take advantage of it. If we get to the deadline and you haven't requested the time, you won't be eligible for entry.
    GArBA5W.jpg

FORUM ID: MeaganJo
    ORIGIN ID: MeaganJo
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C0649514F63611E782719154F725A001?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=meaganjo&max=50&maxis=false&setLocale=en-us
    LOT COST: §373,721
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point in Newcrest
    BUILD COST: §8,500
    TOTAL COST: §381,441
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/GsYfQ

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the Elemental Display Rack as my inspiration. You will find this object in the master suite office however I put a different spin on it and instead of the elements in game I chose the element of water. I imagined that my Sim would sit in her kitchen drinking her morning coffee watching the wild geese playing and bathing in the little lake behind her house. With water, waves, sand and shells in mind she decided to decorate her yard with mostly white flowers to remind her of the little wakes the geese would make as they splashed about. She then chose a more Hampton style decor for her main interiors, white being the base color with hints of blues, greys, tans/browns and even coral in spaces. I also imagined this home used for a legacy family with plenty of children and a cat.

The main house features an eat in kitchen along with a formal dining room and sitting room, family room, 4 bd rooms including a nursery and Master suite with office and 3 1/2 baths. The home comes with plenty of activities for the whole family. The 1 bd 1 bth Annex is more of a masculine style with deep browns and can be used for an adult child, much needed Butler or the in-laws.

Play tested with my simself family which included 3 adults, 1 child, 1 toddler, 2 dogs and a cat.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

WtyGjmV.png

Tvs8l1P.png

WtyGjmV.png

@MeaganJo Your home is so gorgeous! I love the interiors and the flower beds around the trees.

edited January 2018
    Can anyone tell me how to put a picture in the message?
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @biglil711 - open an account at imgur.com. It's free. Load your images to imgur then copy the share link for bbcode and paste it into the message. I'm sure there are other image share programs, but that's what I use.
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    @biglil711 - open an account at imgur.com. It's free. Load your images to imgur then copy the share link for bbcode and paste it into the message. I'm sure there are other image share programs, but that's what I use.

I did that part at the ingur site. But it says you can place two pictures on your entry form.

FORUM ID: kananmeja or biglil711
    ORIGIN ID: kananmeja
    LEVEL: Starting Out

LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Twin Oracle Life&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false

LOT COST: $8,500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle
    BUILD COST: $372,428
    TOTAL COST: $380,928

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/EXnzW

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the watering can and tried to decorate in a more Early American look using lots of flowers. I veered away from this concept somewhat and still tried to make sure there were flowers in every room.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

SPACE FOR PICTURES

wOFelJ4.jpg

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Yup...you can use two images here in the forum, and then create your slide show on imgur with as many images as you need to show your build! Very nice btw!!! Some great builds this round!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top