Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Crashes

Just in the last week my game keeps crashing, is there a known problem with a fix?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the crashing issues remain.

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    I don't use mods

Link https://pastebin.com/pAxh2rWF
    And by the way it crashes on both my desktop and laptop. My laptop was working better than my desktop for a while but now it either crashes or freezes continuously.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    biglil711 wrote: »
    I don't use mods

Link https://pastebin.com/pAxh2rWF

They upped the computer requirements for cats & dogs. Your laptop drivers have not been updated since 2011. I would go to the lenovo web and try to update your drivers. It's possible they may not have drivers for your laptop anymore. Average lifespan of a laptop is 3-5 years. They become outdated quickly. Your laptop is going on 7 years old . Your video card also does not meet requirements to run this game.

If your having issues with your desktop too, it may not meet requirements. I would suggest thinking about investing in a new computer that meets recommended requirements if you want to play this game and survive all the add ons . Someone can help you here in tech should you be interesting in purchasing a new computer to run this game. Sorry for the bad news
    Thanks I’ve never had a problem with the video aspect of this game. I will check for driver updates though. Thanks.
    edited December 2017
    biglil711 wrote: »
    Thanks I’ve never had a problem with the video aspect of this game. I will check for driver updates though. Thanks.

If your game is crashing , your video card would more than likely be the culprit. You have a video card that is integrated with your processor . It uses the same computer ram with everything else running on your computer . The video card is not designed to run this game. When your computer is underpowered to run a game it may work one day and not work the next. As you add more and more to this game it becomes more powerful to a computer. There is a reason EA put out the recommended requirements so you survive the whole game as you add more and more.
  • JaelinJaelin Posts: 4 New Member
    I've tried 4 times to copy my old save files (completely fine btw I was playing them yesterday) over to my new compute, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program files multiple times. The last time I only copied over the "saves" folder and the "tray " folder and I copied it over before I reinstalled the Sims 4 program files. It booted up great, my menu loaded, I was able to click on my family, It loaded up until the sound that plays before the lot loads and my computer crashed. Crashing and corruption has happened every time that I have tired. I really don't want to start a whole new game, please help. DXDIAG info on new computer: h.t.t.p.s.://pastebin.com/5mPakJkz (as per recommendation of rosemow)
    edited December 2017
    Jaelin wrote: »
    I've tried 4 times to copy my old save files (completely fine btw I was playing them yesterday) over to my new compute, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program files multiple times. The last time I only copied over the "saves" folder and the "tray " folder and I copied it over before I reinstalled the Sims 4 program files. It booted up great, my menu loaded, I was able to click on my family, It loaded up until the sound that plays before the lot loads and my computer crashed. Crashing and corruption has happened every time that I have tired. I really don't want to start a whole new game, please help. DXDIAG info on new computer: https://pastebin.com/5mPakJkz (as per recommendation of rosemow)

Unfortunately this laptop is below requirements to run the game. If this is a new computer I can only suggest you return this computer for one that meets requirements to run the game. Someone in tech can help you find a computer that meets requirements
  • JaelinJaelin Posts: 4 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately this laptop is below requirements to run the game. If this is a new computer I can only suggest you return this computer for one that meets requirements to run the game. Someone in tech can help you find a computer that meets requirements

Ok... but how is that possible??? This is like a $700 laptop?? Its better than my old laptop that runs sims fine, albeit slow.
    Jaelin wrote: »
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately this laptop is below requirements to run the game. If this is a new computer I can only suggest you return this computer for one that meets requirements to run the game. Someone in tech can help you find a computer that meets requirements

Ok... but how is that possible??? This is like a $700 laptop?? Its better than my old laptop that runs sims fine, albeit slow.

Price does not mean you are getting the correct hardware to run the game. This game requires a gaming desktop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware. You need a higher end gaming laptop to equal the requirements for this game on desktop. Laptop hardware can not be upgraded. You are stuck with the specs you buy. Since you can't upgrade a laptop we advise owning a laptop that meets recommended requirements so you can survive the game as it adds more and more.

The laptop you bought is not designed to run 3d games like the sims. It is designed for light computer tasks. It has a video card integrated with the processor. Since it is not designed to run this game, even if it could run the game you should not run the game on the type of computer you have. It could shorten the lifespan or ruin the laptop since it is not designed to handle this game. Sorry for the bad news.

Again, I suggest returning the laptop and someone in tech can help you find a computer that meets requirements
  • TomsdottirTomsdottir Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't finish creating a single Sim, never mind getting into the game. My computer crashes after between 2 and 3 minutes.

So I've never been able to play Sims 4.

Here is my DgDiax info (I'm getting a message saying I have to be around for longer before I can paste links in this forum, so have been unable to include the Pastebox link in the normal format.

h.t.t.p.s.://pastebin.com/s28VaSMm.

I'd be grateful for any help.
    edited January 2018
    Tomsdottir wrote: »
    I can't finish creating a single Sim, never mind getting into the game. My computer crashes after between 2 and 3 minutes.

So I've never been able to play Sims 4.

Here is my DgDiax info (I'm getting a message saying I have to be around for longer before I can paste links in this forum, so have been unable to include the Pastebox link in the normal format.

https://pastebin.com/s28VaSMm.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Unfortunately this computer is below requirements to run the game and has very old hardware. You would need a new computer with new hardware that meets requirements to run this game. Sorry for the bad news
  • Quen10Quen10 Posts: 3 New Member
    I downloaded a Penthouse off the gallery but i can't play on it without my game just closing after 3-7 minutes. Usually it closes when i switch floors or zoom is on certain areas sometimes. I have ruled out CC and mods because my game runs fine on my other lots. I have attempted to repair the game as well as lowered the view distance and graphics. None of that worked and I didn't think it would because the game runs smooth anyway.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions they can share? I would very much appreciate any help!
    Quen10 wrote: »
    I downloaded a Penthouse off the gallery but i can't play on it without my game just closing after 3-7 minutes. Usually it closes when i switch floors or zoom is on certain areas sometimes. I have ruled out CC and mods because my game runs fine on my other lots. I have attempted to repair the game as well as lowered the view distance and graphics. None of that worked and I didn't think it would because the game runs smooth anyway.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions they can share? I would very much appreciate any help!

Hello @Quen10
    There may be cc in that particular build that is causing the issue with that penthouse.
    To rule out cc/mods being the cause, it would be best to move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test ti see if the issues are still there.
    Thanks @rosemow

So, I moved all the mods out of my mods folder and tested on a copy save. I didn't crash the game in about 10 minutes of play so you are probably correct. There were a few cc items that were on the lot before that i didn't realize but, most if not all of them were also on my previous lot. Do you think removing them would solve the issue?
    Thanks @rosemow

So, I moved all the mods out of my mods folder and tested on a copy save. I didn't crash the game in about 10 minutes of play so you are probably correct. There were a few cc items that were on the lot before that i didn't realize but, most if not all of them were also on my previous lot. Do you think removing them would solve the issue?

Removing those cc items may help with the issue. It would be best to remove them and test to see if it helps.
    @rosemow I had to weed out the mods until i found one that crashed the game. i found it but there could be more. I have 270+ mods but i've been doing this basically all day already so yeah haha. Thanks for the help though!
    @rosemow I had to weed out the mods until i found one that crashed the game. i found it but there could be more. I have 270+ mods but i've been doing this basically all day already so yeah haha. Thanks for the help though!

Hello
    When you have a lot of mods/cc, it can help to use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • TomsdottirTomsdottir Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for the prompt and helpful feedback. I did wonder if it was my ageing computer, which is due to be retired this year. Many thanks!
    Tomsdottir wrote: »

Thanks for the prompt and helpful feedback. I did wonder if it was my ageing computer, which is due to be retired this year. Many thanks!

Hello @Tomsdottir
    If you would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in tthis Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you and offer suggestions . You just need to post your budget and the country where you live.