Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien pregnancy

Hi i was wondering a couple things about alien pregnancy 1st. i have my male sim and his romantic interest a male alien i have had them woohoo several time but as far as i can tell he isnt pregnant is there a way for me to check 2nd. the usual trick i use is to see if the females are allowed to go to university but i couldn't find anything on whether alien pregnancy affects university. Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited October 2017
    Two male sims cannot get pregnant by woohooing. You'd need a same-sex pregnancy mod to enable Try For Baby, and male maternity wear (from MTS). But this is not "alien pregnancy" (the child will be half-alien though).

Male sims get alien pregnant as a result of being abducted. Once a sim is abducted they get the "Abducted" moodlet for 10 hrs. Once that expires there is a 33% chance of the abducted sim getting alien pregnant IF the sim is male and IF the sim is not an occult (or alien). Alien pregnant male sims get a 2-day "Unexpected Weight Gain" moodlet (which is the alien pregnancy moodlet) right after the "Abducted" moodlet wears off.

The chances for an abduction of a sim from the active household is 1%. To increase that for a single night you can have the household use the telescope and/or collect space rocks. Each space rock collected adds 15% to the abduction odds (capped at 60% bonus odds from space rocks) and use of the telescope adds 14% to the abduction odds. So, 75% total if the household uses the telescope and collects 4 space rocks. That's just for that night (midnight to 3 am). In my experience sims must be awake to be abducted. Furthermore, it's random which awake sim in the active household is abducted (aliens and sims child aged and younger cannot get abducted).

There are mods to increase (and decrease) these chances, and NRaas Retuner can be used to set the chances to whatever you wish.

Not sure about the university test. Usually I can send sims who just have the "Abducted" moodlet to uni since the game doesn't decide on alien pregnancy until that moodlet expires. In fact, you can save the game just before the "Abducted" moodlet ends and reload until you get the "Unexpected Weight Gain" moodlet. Or you can use Nraas MasterController to just give your male sim the "Unexpected Weight Gain" moodlet - that will work too. I think that once a male sim has the "Unexpected Weight Gain" moodlet they cannot enroll in university, but I never check that since the moodlet is pretty obvious. Even if you have NRaas Traveler set to allow pregnant sims to travel, I think alien pregnant male sims will lose the moodlet (and hence the alien baby) if they travel.

edit: once you invite an alien sim over (or move one in, or one visits) the only options available are the default TFB ones between male and female sims. Same-sex TFB requires a mod.

Lastly, alien pregnant male sims don't use maternity wear, they just get fat over the course of the alien pregnancy.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Just to add a small bit of info to the above excellent analysis if I may, on an alien male pregnancy the one who was abducted is not really the genetic parent of the child. They are acting as a surrogate to (presumably two I guess?) other alien parents not in the homeworld. Pregnancies that form by way of woohooing, no matter what the genders or alien status, are subject to the usual rules. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    Okay thank you so much both of you that really cleared up all my questions that should really help my game
    igazor wrote: »
    Just to add a small bit of info to the above excellent analysis if I may, on an alien male pregnancy the one who was abducted is not really the genetic parent of the child. They are acting as a surrogate to (presumably two I guess?) other alien parents not in the homeworld. Pregnancies that form by way of woohooing, no matter what the genders or alien status, are subject to the usual rules. :)

If I ran a recent test correctly, in an unmodded game I think the alien child from an abduction will only have one parent on the family tree, the male sim who had the alien pregnancy. I think it's NRaas SP (possibly along with the Population) module which adds an alien parent to the child's family tree. The added parent appears to be a random member of the alien household - not necessarily the alien who actually abducted the sim.

I also once took each member of the alien household into Edit in CAS and gave them each a different skintone color on the rainbow slider, along with different ear shapes and sizes. The alien babies were all the normal green with the usual alien ears. It seems that the game creates a new alien sim from scratch for abduction children. I've also adjusted custom body sliders for each alien sim in the alien household, but I don't remember if those were passed to abduction children in that game.

As you said though, alien children from TFB are subject to the usual rules.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Interesting. Well then, I would revise my prior comment to say that the abducted human male parent is acting as a surrogate to "something or other," but that just doesn't seem to sound as nice. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    @TreyNutz Whenever I got my sims abducted by aliens before I got mods, the alien baby always had an alien mother on their family tree. So it's not a mod giving them the alien parent.

@laydayway If you have the Ambitions expansion pack and an alien already in your household, get the alien to summon a meteor. That's the quickest way to get space rocks. Or, if you have the Supernatural EP, get a werewolf to go hunting. I think space rocks are one of the things they can find. Or a dog, if you have Pets. I think they might be able to find them too, with the right hunting skill.

Also, once your sim is abducted, save just before the abducted moodlet wears off. That way, if you don't get the unexpected weight gain moodlet, you can just exit to the main menu without saving and load the save once more till you get it.
    edited October 2017
    Kay8Orange wrote: »
    @TreyNutz Whenever I got my sims abducted by aliens before I got mods, the alien baby always had an alien mother on their family tree. So it's not a mod giving them the alien parent.

That's really interesting to hear. I've usually have an alien parent on the family tree for alien abduction kids, but I can't remember my earliest experiences before I started using mods. Earlier this year though that stopped happening and alien abduction kids had only the abductee as a parent. I was also getting script errors from NRaas StoryProgression when alien kids were born (which has been resolved). I thought I tested out an alien abduction in a new TS3 folder with just Retuner and still got an abduction kid without an alien parent. Perhaps I did that test wrong or am remembering wrong.

Good tips about finding space rocks! Another approach is to put space rock spawners around town. In some games I'll put them on community lots so I know where they are.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Kay8Orange wrote: »
    @ laydayway If you have the Ambitions expansion pack and an alien already in your household, get the alien to summon a meteor. That's the quickest way to get space rocks.

I thought you were going to say "That's the quickest way to get rid of unwanted sims". :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I had my first pregnant male by abduction recently and the child indeed has two parents.

9s4GDyD.png

Is there a NRaas way to save this mother to the bin? She is in the demography list but I don't know how to 'get' to her and capture her.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I had my first pregnant male by abduction recently and the child indeed has two parents.

9s4GDyD.png

Is there a NRaas way to save this mother to the bin? She is in the demography list but I don't know how to 'get' to her and capture her.

[This is by memory...] Note the same of the sim, then:

City Hall or Computer>NRaas>MasterController>Sim>Stylist>Alien DNA Percentage>Choose the line with 100%>Select the alien sim from the list. This will bring the sim in Stylist where you can save the sim to the Sim Bin.

If you meant to save her to the household bin, you can use MC's Add Sim command (I'd filter by Alien DNA Percentage) to add her to an empty lot, then save to the household bin from Edit Town.

Recreating alien in CAS is a bit problematic. They'll lose their alien DNA setting which means they'll get normal eyes and lose alien powers when you place them in the world to play. Their skin, hair, and face genetics should be fine. Once placed on a lot you can use MC to set their alien DNA percentage to 100% (which I think is supposed to be in decimal form, so 1.0, no matter what MC tells you). You can also set DNA percentage with DebugEnabler.
    TreyNutz wrote: »

9s4GDyD.png

[This is by memory...] Note the same of the sim, then:

City Hall or Computer>NRaas>MasterController>Sim>Stylist>Alien DNA Percentage>Choose the line with 100%>Select the alien sim from the list. This will bring the sim in Stylist where you can save the sim to the Sim Bin.

If you meant to save her to the household bin, you can use MC's Add Sim command (I'd filter by Alien DNA Percentage) to add her to an empty lot, then save to the household bin from Edit Town.

Recreating alien in CAS is a bit problematic. They'll lose their alien DNA setting which means they'll get normal eyes and lose alien powers when you place them in the world to play. Their skin, hair, and face genetics should be fine. Once placed on a lot you can use MC to set their alien DNA percentage to 100% (which I think is supposed to be in decimal form, so 1.0, no matter what MC tells you). You can also set DNA percentage with DebugEnabler.
    Thanks! Yes, I mean household bin so I'm going to try the second suggestion then. It's a bit complicated, but the abduction took place in a different save than the one I'm playing. Father and kid are already in my active save, but this topic made me realize there actually is a mother! So I want to put her in my active save as well (and use MC to make them all related again).
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited October 2017
    I must be doing something wrong :s Whenever I choose ‘add sim’, clicking on the alien in the list, all that happens is that I lose my own family members...
    5JZ57S6.png
    I must be doing something wrong :s Whenever I choose ‘add sim’, clicking on the alien in the list, all that happens is that I lose my own family members...

Are you adding her to an empty lot? I only suggested that because I thought it might be easier to save her to the household bin that way. 'Add Sim' should also work if you try adding her to the current household.

Or, you can try MC's Invite Over command. I think it's under Basic when clicking on a sim. Invite over the alien and once she arrives befriend (or use TCE to drag up the relationship bar), and use the 'Ask to move in' conversation topic. She should join the the household like normal (and bring along a Galaxa space car).
    I just solved it B) I clicked on the city hall, turned out I had to click on my own lot. She’s standing in the garden as we speak, I’m about to save her to the bin now. Thanks again:)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Modless play.....

Connor getting abducted:

35766695881_1ebab5e3fd_b.jpg

Got the weight gain..and spurted out Riley..

35728537552_5694b8ec9f_b.jpg

35088660203_8e9e6a4a60_b.jpg

35058366724_b579310de6_b.jpg

No pictures but Connor shows up as Riley's dad and the alien who was in his friend slots was zipped up to best friend, he invited her over and we kidnapped HER! she showed up as the mother...she even got the proud parent moodlet when Riley would do something of note.

35728491962_a7951f8815_b.jpg

This was also her floating over a deer...one of the strangest things I ever saw in game.. The deer was looking at her spaceship!

35728491212_36762437dd_b.jpg
    I just solved it B) I clicked on the city hall, turned out I had to click on my own lot. She’s standing in the garden as we speak, I’m about to save her to the bin now. Thanks again:)

Oh, sorry. Forgot to mention that for the Add Sim command you click on the lot (home lot, or other lot).
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    @TreyNutz If an alien parent isn't showing up then I think that may be a glitch caused by a mod.
  • laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    Thanks for all the tips on helping me along i will try the space rocks next time i get on thanks.
    edited October 2017
    Here's mommy ^.^

PeiLe8J.png

(she's an elder by the way, which probably is why she needed a surrogate :p )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited October 2017

9s4GDyD.png

In my modded game I've caught the alien mother visiting at night and walking around the property and looking in windows etc. I managed to use Master Controller to catch her and place her in a household in the same.

In the same game one of my female sims got abducted and I paused when she was returned and she seduced him. I must have used Master Controller again to add him to the household and they did a try for baby. That way I got the badge for having a part alien baby and also I ended up with an alien and a half alien in the same household but they were not related as they had different unrelated parents.

Sophia (from unexpected weight gain moodlet after alien abduction of male sim)
    Sophia059.jpg

I think I may have used Master Controller to give her father the 'unexpected weight gain' moodlet as in all my years of playing I'd only had one single alien pregnancy. I've had a few since then without assistance. Sophia's father is a witch so he probably wouldn't have got the moodlet without assistance.

Bernadette (from her mother and an alien male try for baby)
    Bernadette001.jpg

The big thing I noticed is that Sophia, like all of my alien babies born from 'unexpected weight gain' has no hair whilst, Bernadette (my only sim from woohoo with an alien) was born with this hair (or she got it from the game when she became a toddler - can't remember now)
    edited October 2017
    @Karritz That’s a nice touch, her visiting! I have no idea whether that’s the mod or not. Without mods I could have tried and waited for that, but I technically don’t play that save anymore (just for story purposes; fun fact, I’d been wanting for him to get abducted for weeks because him being pregnant, with his 15 ignored kids, felt like fun, and then totally unexpected, I’d left him and had moved on with my legacy heir, it happened :blush: ), so this was faster.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Karritz That’s a nice touch, her visiting! I have no idea whether that’s the mod or not. Without mods I could have tried and waited for that, but I technically don’t play that save anymore (just for story purposes; fun fact, I’d been wanting for him to get abducted for weeks because him being pregnant, with his 15 ignored kids, felt like fun, and then totally unexpected, I’d left him and had moved on with my legacy heir, it happened :blush: ), so this was faster.

Now I've had a few alien pregnancies I've noticed at least one other alien mother visiting at night.

I know the frustrations of waiting for the alien pregnancies to happen. I waited about 2 years for my first alien pregnancy.
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited October 2017
    My Sim, Nickolas was also abducted by an Alien, got the moodlet and had his beautiful daughter, Charla. I was pleasantly surprised because Nickis an Elder and I didn't think that he could actually get impregnated by an alien at his age. Though he also has 6 kids too so...I guess anything is possible.
    Charla's mother didn't show up in her family tree but thats okay I have her as a family member <3 She is pictured below as a Toddler. I gave her hair because it made her look cuter. She is so adorable in-game I love her :3
    Screenshot-521.jpg
    Screenshot-592.jpg
  • AlphiaAlphia Posts: 4 New Member
    Ah these alien babies are so cute!
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I have never had a male having a alien pregnancy... is that werid or what?
    4Wv5dIG.jpg