Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    My Mint is pregnant and she's the tiniest pregnant sim I've ever seen. This was her after she entered her 3rd trimester.

wv14waC.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • MinecraftSimmer1326MinecraftSimmer1326 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Fizzstix said:
    > alwaysimmingg wrote: »
    >
    > Generation Two: Rose
    >
    > You had everything you desired as a child but you were always longing for more. As an adult you have a hard time committing to relationships as you’re so focused on your career. If we had a workaholic trait in The Sims 4 you would have it. You have absolutely no maternal instincts whatsoever but you still love your child with all your heart.
    >
    > Traits: Hot Headed, Snob, Romantic
    > Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    > Career: Politician
    >
    > Rules:
    >
    > -Only have one child
    > -Leave someone at the alter
    > -Get married as an elder
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am working on Gen two... but how does one leave someone at the alter.. I've never actually done this.

Maybe you could marry the sim and then get a divorce? Or maybe cancel while the sims are getting married!
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    a bit of rewording done, make sure to check it out!
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • Kelly_123Kelly_123 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you leave a Sim at the alter? I have looked up videos but never found a helpful one
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited August 2017
    Kelly_123 wrote: »
    How do you leave a Sim at the alter? I have looked up videos but never found a helpful one

I had the same question.. and @alwaysimmingg updated to include the bolded part below. I haven't attempted it yet. I restarted this challenge for the 2nd time recently. I am still on Gen 1. I assume, during the ceremony you will be able to click on the groom and there will be an option to leave at the alter.

Generation Two: Rose

[*] Leave someone at the alter (an interaction available during a wedding)

• osnapitzmaddyosnapitzmaddy Posts: 18 New Member
    Soooo I'm currently on Gen 2 - Rose and my sim got pregnant and ended up having triplets (Seriously the first time any of my sims have EVER had triplets would be the time I only want one) :# Oh well!
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited August 2017
    Is there a version of these rules for SIMS 3? I would love to try this challenge out but I dont play TS4... :o
  • osnapitzmaddyosnapitzmaddy Posts: 18 New Member
    The one time my sim has triplets is the time where the challenge says only have one kid xD
    Go figure.
    Here's my 1st gen. Mintie Berry. I didn't create her, but found her on the gallery. She was created by SimmieSweetness. I changed her hair, some outfits up a little and her last name.
    37097009965_7bb5c7f803.jpg
    This is Akira Kibo, her love interest, husband and father to her children. They ended up with twins their first pregnancy. After a little while, I got Mintie pregnant again and they had a single daughter. (no pictures of her.) After Akira passed away, Mintie had an affair with an alien, and she got pregnant with twin boys. (no pictures of them either.)
    36926632552_7c8eba2054.jpg
    Primrose Berry ~ Toddler ..............................................................................................................Axel Berry ~ Toddler
    37097009865_8949559fd9.jpg36926632362_10774a9276.jpg

Primrose Berry ~ Child .............................................................................................................. Axel Berry ~ Child
    Hot-headed ................................................................................................................................ Active
    36926631802_2cd2e25fbd.jpg36926632302_35d33cd3a5.jpg

Primrose Berry ~ Teen ........................................................................................................ Axel Berry ~ Teen
    Hot-headed, Romantic .........................................................................................................Active, Good
    37097009765_2245bb9468.jpg36926632222_4736ccc7eb.jpg

Primrose Berry ~ Young Adult ............................................................................................. Axel Berry ~ Young Adult
    Hot-headed, Romantic, Snob .................................................................................................Active, Good, Bro
    36926631672_3290d91064.jpg36955888801_f826f8ff02.jpg

Mintie was able to complete the logic and mischief skills. She also completed the vampire lore for fun.
    36926632022_c9f7590310_o.jpg

Below is a picture of the element collection.
    36926632152_dceb4857fc_z.jpg

And finally completing the Chief of Mischief aspiration.
    36926632442_ef23266a36_z.jpg

Now I am working on Gen #2 with Primrose.
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    edited September 2017
    lMAWfEL.jpg
    this is what the interaction looks like for leaving someone at the alter! once you start the wedding click on the other sim and this will show up
    hope this helps! <3
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
    How do I fix this? I can't marry my sim, then leave him at the alter.
    37057455602_76bf89001f_o.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    @Fizzstix Ask to Just be Friends then start over doing romantic interactions.
    edited September 2017

Ergh.. Okay.. I'll give that a shot. Thank you for helping.

EDIT: So I did that.. and the message still remains. I wonder if it is there because I "Secured his vote"??

EDIT: So I did that.. and the message still remains. I wonder if it is there because I "Secured his vote"??

Well, it can't be because of the Secure vote.. I romanced a new sim without having asked him for a vote or anything political at all, and again, I can't marry him.. ugh. I guess I will fail this challenge after all. :(

Well, it can't be because of the Secure vote.. I romanced a new sim without having asked him for a vote or anything political at all, and again, I can't marry him.. ugh. I guess I will fail this challenge after all. :(

Ahh I found a thread that talks about this issue.. I'll have to break up with all the other boyfriends/girlfriends before she can get married. (Which kind of makes my storytelling sad... because her one true love that I planned for her to actually marry when she is an elder.. she'll have to reromance.. bleh)
  • Ava_Rose86Ava_Rose86 Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hello!
    I see this is a popular Challenge and Im interested in doing it but I currently dont have the City Living expansion pack, so is there a substitute trait I can use for the Vegetarian one?

edit: After reading through the complete rules (shouldve done that first, lol) I realized I will need City Living to complete the challenge, which im currently working on getting.
    Post edited by Ava_Rose86 on
    Mint and her daughter Rose.

k517gJe.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • LadySimmerLadySimmer Posts: 39 Member
    Sorry if this question had already been asked, but I couldn't find it. I love the idea of this challenge, but what about the spouse? I know it is said we can kinda do what we want with them, but I need closure!! lol
    So are they allowed to have a job? Are there any restrictions?
    LadySimmer wrote: »
    Sorry if this question had already been asked, but I couldn't find it. I love the idea of this challenge, but what about the spouse? I know it is said we can kinda do what we want with them, but I need closure!! lol
    So are they allowed to have a job? Are there any restrictions?

I hope there aren't any restrictions on jobs. I have been using their traits or skills they might have as an indication as to what sort of job they'd be interested in.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I Want to do this when i finish my legacy, but i only have the base game. I Can't have sims live in apartments, have some of the jobs, etc. Are there any subsitutes? Like, living in a small, cheap home instead of a "Needs TLC" apartment?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Workingmum8Workingmum8 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi,

I really love this challenge. My generation 7 heir has just grown into a toddler, Magenta, and I've just been refreshing myself of the rules for her. One of them is that she must have a well-maintained garden, but I'm not quite sure what this means exactly. Is there a minimum number of plants she must grow, or a quality level they have to reach. I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks
  • Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi guys! I started the Not So Berry Challenge a few weeks ago and I had a lot of fun looking at your Berry families, they're all so cute!! I thought I'd share a few moments of my challenge with you if that's okay :)

But first I'm with @Workingmum8 here! I saw that rule and asked myself the same question, does anyone know more precisely what a well maintained garden mean? Any specific requirements? Thanks!

Also @LadySimmer and @Fizzstix (hi!) there are no restrictions on the spouses! You can pick or make any sim you please, any traits, aspirations, jobs... They don't have to wear the generation color either. My mint simette, Merry, had twins with J Huntington III. (I had never used him in my game, it was a lot of fun, except for the "non-commital" trait which was hard to work around ^^. Finally I just ended up never marrying them, they had twins and lived their whole grown-up lives together but they're not even boyfriend and girlfriend :D ).

And @LyricSimsz15 I don't know how you can complete the challenge without the extensions, I checked but I haven't found any adapted rules online... sorry :(

I made a little story board of my progress which you can find here : https://imgur.com/a/mWkuc

But right now I thought I'd spare you the whole thing and just share one moment of the second generation which was so much fun, the "leaving someone at the altar" part :D

Just so you understand the pictures, here is Merry Berry (Mint generation) as an elder
    lVECCux.png

And her daughter Molly (Rose generation), as a young adult
    wh39VC6.png

And here comes the good stuff ;)

Molly, as required by her aspiration, has many, many boyfriends and girlfriends. She picked Dhruv (she had to pick one) and proposed to him. He said yes! <3 Everything was going great for these two lovebirds... And with the help (and money) of her mom, Molly planned a beautiful wedding. It started off perfectly...
    GakoCrK.png

But then...
    bVIxkxJ.png

Yup. She did. She left him at the altar. And the moodlet she got from calling off the wedding was just precious :D
    wTIt8RN.png

After that, a lot of "juice" was needed by the guests and the bride. And yes Merry is having two drinks at the same time. Two were the very minimum...
    MqTvbBJ.png

Juiced-up, the whole family went clubbing to forget the whole thing. Look at Molly owning that dancefloor in her wedding dress! B)
    bdwHpIW.png

Here you go! I'll leave you guys with my favorite mom and daughter pic <3 Look at these fierce, fierce women! The Berries are gonna take on the world ;)
    eJFXvUh.png
    edited October 2017
    I've been really into playing this challenge at the moment. Here's a little bit of what's going on in my game.

NCNXkbx.png
    Jamie (her baby daddy I've decided not to have them marry) made Mint a sack lunch to take to work.

784FjE6.png
    She texted to say it was great and she'd thank him properly when she got home ;)

8yWrhMZ.png
    Rose had a play date with the Mermaid twins.

yDVIGFK.png
    Rose has a new bff for life, Athena.

jFEvH1g.png
    AVllmnq.png
    She also decided to run away later on but didn't get far.

1h7RNkV.png
    Fms7O8j.png
    Birthday's all around!

83wB1HP.png
    Mint finally thanked Jamie for making her lunch or gave him a pleasant birthday gift!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Agrippine_23Agrippine_23 Posts: 96 Member
    @LyricSimsz15 hi! I was looking for some clarification over one of the Not So Berry challenge's rules and I found that:

http://itsraininggaysims.tumblr.com/post/158713397137/the-base-game-not-so-berry-challenge

Someone adapted the rules to make the challenge base game compatible, so here you go! I hope you'll have fun doing this challenge :)
    Happy simming!
  • ZootZoot Posts: 181 Member
    So I finally decided to do an actual challenge and this was the winner but I made a male founder.
    Guppi Beri
    [img][/img]2v1qmut.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top