Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• LilyBear94LilyBear94 Posts: 108 Member
    So I've been playing for a bit, and I have an update!

-Little Rose has aged up into a toddler! I gave her red hair, with a little black bow. I dressed her quite elegantly, but at the same time, pretty childishly.
    -Blake proposed to Mint! Huzzah!
    -Mint was promoted!
    -The night before the wedding, Blake and Mint's night turned very...interesting. After Rose went to sleep, they had a good time. I think I'll leave it at that.
    -I HAD THE WEDDING! IT WAS GREAT, except for a few things.
    1. My cake glitched. There was no 'take first slice' option, so unfortunately, I was unable to get a gold medal. :(
    2. This isn't really a bad thing, but definitely worth adding. Turns out, when I clicked 'woohoo' the previous night, I didn't. I clicked 'try for baby' and had only just noticed the 'take pregnancy test' interaction. Well, one way to make a wedding interesting is to find out that you're pregnant! Congratulations, Mint.
    3. Someone died. Funny story...one of the guests was a vampire. The wedding was in broad daylight. I think you can guess how that turned out. Oh well, at least I can say that the Grim Reaper attended Mint's wedding!
    4. The same person who died, tried to hit on Mint. She rejected him, good girl!

Progress:
    -2 elements left.
    -Level 5 of scientist career.
    -Level 3/4 of mischief aspiration.
    -Married with a toddler and a baby on the way!

I'm having very much fun with this challenge! When I become a member, I do have screenshots ready of the wedding, of Rose, of Mint and Blake, etc.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I recently started playing the not so berry legacy challenge. To add to it I also did the Rory's Build Challenge House 05 for her first home. You can see them here.

https://carolineapollo.tumblr.com/post/161656877384/meet-minta-amenta-she-was-created-to-star-in
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I've never done an challenges before but this one sounds cool! I wanted to ask how it works? Like when the first generation has a child do you keep playing with gen until the 2nd is a YA or do you carry on with the 1st until they die?? :s
  • DivaEvie07DivaEvie07 Posts: 1,333 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I've never done an challenges before but this one sounds cool! I wanted to ask how it works? Like when the first generation has a child do you keep playing with gen until the 2nd is a YA or do you carry on with the 1st until they die?? :s

You have to keep playing till gen 2 is a YA.
    evie
    currently playing NSB
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    Do I have to start at Gen 1? I already started one challenge but I thought I could maybe do both challenges at the same time since my current one is the Rags to Riches and it won't conflict with any of the rules of this challenge and maybe I could start at Gen 11 instead of 1.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • BorntorunBorntorun Posts: 76 Member
    Cannot wait to try this challenge!
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    I just realized now... is this a Sims 4 Challenge? I'm only playing Sims 3 :(
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
    Yay! I'm a member now :)
    Ok, how do I upload photos, I just realised that I have no idea how to. If you know how to, please let me know, thanks.

I'll update on what's happened though. Quite a lot has happened.

-Mint was promoted, I believe twice?
    -Blake has started writing lots of books, so the Berry family now gets about...$2,000 in royalties every day!
    -Baby Hunter was born! Hunter is (was) an adorable baby boy. I got the name Hunter because it means green, according to google, and green is kinda like mint, right?
    -Missing 2 elements still, argh!
    -The day Hunter became a toddler, Mint got pregnant again!
    -Rose aged up to a child.
    -I got the parenthood pack and the vintage glamour stuff pack, just thought I'd add that.
    -Baby Ebony was born! Ebony is just a cute name, I don't think it's a colour related name, it's just cute!
    -Ebony aged into a toddler, she's SO CUTE! ARGH!!!
    -Rose earned herself an A in school, good job Rose!
    -Hunter aged up into a child, yay!!
    -I nearly forgot, they moved house. I LOVE the new house, but the children's rooms are pretty small, but cozy. I made do with what space I had, and I'm happy with how the house turned out.

Progress:
    -2 elements left (slightly salty about this, as I've been looking for them for a whole sim week >:( Ugh.)
    -Level 7 of the scientist career, yay.
    -Logic level 6 and a half.
    -Mischief aspiration 3/4
    -Married with 2 children and a toddler.

Children progress:

Rose:
    -Grade A in school.
    -Very artistic.
    -Enough manners and responsibility to be well mannered and responsible when Y/A.
    -Not very good conflict resolution and emotional control.
    -Ok empathy.

Hunter:
    -Grade C in school (I believe in you Hunter, you can get a B!)
    -Pretty sporty.
    -All his character traits are pretty average, to be honest.

DONE!
    Lemme know how I can add photos!
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hello @LilyBear94 !
    Congratulations on becoming a member!
    I'm also partaking in this legacy (:

To post photos, first you have to upload photos to an image hosting site .
    After that, you copy the URL of the image you want to post and go to this button here on the Leave A Comment section :

4G6SkKU.png

That is where you enter the URL of the image you want to post.
    All you have to do is enter the code, press Enter and viola! It does the coding for you!
    To see an example of how the code looks if you don't know bb code, you can quote my post and take a look as well.

Hope that made sense! Can't wait to see your pictures!
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @undressyourbones you are doing this as well? Are you posting pictures anywhere? Which generation are you up to?
    @popettypop2012 yes I am :D i just started so i'm only on generation one.
    I have a thread where I post updates, but all the pictures are posted to my blog which is linked in my thread. (:

Are you also doing this challenge? :D
    @undressyourbones I am up to the Orange generation and I just followed your blog on tumblr! Yay, someone I can discuss this legacy with.

Here is my address: https://cillaben.tumblr.com
    @popettypop2012 followed back! (:
    I love the aesthetic of your blog and your editing/graphics for the challenge !
    Thank you, @undressyourbones I love your story telling. You make the challenge really interesting.
    @popettypop2012 thank you! >u< looking forward to your updates!
    @undressyourbones Ahhh! Thanks! I'm still new to this, still finding out little tricks and what not. I have a history project to finish tonight, so I don't have time to post pictures, but tomorrow I hope I can!
    edited July 2017
    By the way, I'll comment this on here as I don't have a tumblr account.
    Love that Beauty And The Beast reference.

EDIT: Just realised I posted this on the wrong thread, whoops!
    edited July 2017
    I play this way too often, *sigh*. Still testing out photos, so once I FINALLY get it right, I think I'll make my own thread.
    By the way, forgot to add the Blake is now an adult!

OH MY GOSH! PRAISE THE GENIES, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE ELEMENT COLLECTION!
    aIGhe.jpeg

Rose aged up into a teenager!
    jrMxX.png

Rose is pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
    gVGqR.png

I think Rose is feeling left out.
    cJGck.png

Please explain, Blake.
    OwqkB.png

Rose had her first kiss already, first day of being a teenager!
    ZXlwg.png

That's all the photos I've got. If these photos actually load for once, I'll be making my own thread!

EDIT: Whyyyyyy ;-;
    Time to try something else.

EDIT EDIT: Ok, I did it right, are they loading for anyone else, am I the only one who can't see them?
    ZSTnLL7.png

@LilyBear94

Testing this. I notice I have a different link/url than you. Maybe youre using the wrong link/URL?
  • SaydexXoxSaydexXox Posts: 1 New Member
    I've got to that point, you click on the wedding arch as usual and then you can click on the other sim and there's an option to call off the wedding.
    edited July 2017
    ZSTnLL7.png

Let's see if this works, I just quoted you.

EDIT: l47VLdU.png
    I DID IT! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I see how to do it now. When I can be bothered to make a thread, I'll link it.
  • SashaHotPotatoSashaHotPotato Posts: 2 New Member
    So I guess I'm a bozo because I am not fully understanding the challenge! First off, the rules say "Each heir must represent the color of the generation" So you just pick one of your kids from the first generation to play for the second generation once you've completed what was required in the first? Also, do you have to play each generation till they die or as soon as I complete the challenges with Sim 1 Gen 1 I can start playing and focusing on the kid for the next gen and challenge?

Also, won't there be a possibility my child will have mint hair? Do i just change their hair color for generation two (rose)?
    @SashaHotPotato Hello! You can't be much more of a bozo than I am, took me long enough to figure out how to post a photo, not to mention I keep posting on the incorrect threads! :D
    To answer your questions:
    Yes, you just choose one of your children to play the second generation. You best choose before they become a child, because you'll need to be picking the traits required for the heir.
    If I'm not mistaken, in regular legacy challenges, you move onto the next heir as soon as the heir becomes a Young Adult, but I suppose you could also play the way you suggested, as soon as you've completed what's required in the first generation.
    Since you'll be using custom content to get the mint coloured hair, I don't BELIEVE genetics work with custom content? Not for me at least. So yes, you would just change your heir's hair colour to red/rose.
    Also, you must be new to the forums, so welcome!
  • faerydreams13faerydreams13 Posts: 94 Member
    I figured I have until the sim dies to complete all of it's generation's requirements in my game. I think I actually managed to finish Gen 1 before Gen 2 became a young adult, but pretty sure the oldest child was an adult. Gen 2 just stayed in the house until gen 1 died though and then moved off on her own. (I was going to move my gen 1 heir with gen 2, but she died before I was ready to move Lol) It's a pretty easy going challenge though really. :)

And I haven't peeked in in awhile, but I'm on Gen 2, and my gen 3 heir is a child! Roselyn needs to finish out her career and get married as an elder for her to be done with her generation. :)

Roselyn and her older brother Thulian
    35637515872_4293413b08_h.jpg

Roselyn and her daughter Saffron (with Saffron's Dad in the background. This might have been before she left him at the alter. Lol)
    35674697341_29bcd10a56_h.jpg
    Currently Playing:
    The Chudwell Legacy: The Third Generation, featuring Cassie Chudwell.
    The Prism Legacy: A Not So Berry Challenge, featuring Patina Prism

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top