Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    edited April 2017
    little rules update! must finish their aspiration and career!
    Post edited by alwaysimmingg on
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
    I just started the challenge. So far, it's a lot of fun to be 'forced' into playing the aspects of the game I typically don't.

My first generation character is Emerald Berry:

3dWCRqb.jpg
    jwUuNcj.jpg

Origin ID: Sims4Sarah

Are there any threads where people share their stories for this challenge in particular?
    Sims4Sarah wrote: »
    I just started the challenge. So far, it's a lot of fun to be 'forced' into playing the aspects of the game I typically don't.

3dWCRqb.jpg
    jwUuNcj.jpg

Are there any threads where people share their stories for this challenge in particular?

i could make one!
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited April 2017
    @alwaysimmingg Oh, please do! <3

I've been looking around the last few days for an interesting legacy to try to get me back into the game (I've been away for two years) and this is such a neat idea, I have to try it. :D I'm not terribly far yet, only just started (though I did spend a lot of time decorating my Sims' apartment lol). My Sim's name is Cerulean Blue (even though it's supposed to be Minty, I couldn't think of another name). Really enjoying her so far.

5Yb5MeR.pngIclEEVX.png
    Sq0nhBK.png0dN7Ckv.png
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
    edited April 2017
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    330qxq0.jpg

Loving this challenge. Jade de Menthe on her first day of the Science career.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I haven't been playing this save file for a while now. Still not sure how to approach the leaving at the alter. Has anyone gotten to that point? What did you do? What worked? What didn't?

Someone mentioned there is a broken heart to click if you elope immediately? Is there something that can be done if you plan a wedding?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Yes you can do it if you plan a wedding. Have the engaged pair start the wedding, then once it's in progress select the sim you want to do the leaving and then click the wedding arch. The option to "Leave at the Alter" should come up if it doesn't check under the "Mean" Interactions.
    ~ ~ ~
  • princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm going back into the game today finally! Hopefully i can get Fairy Rose up to the teen status <3
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
    @alwaysimmingg Oh, please do! <3

I've been looking around the last few days for an interesting legacy to try to get me back into the game (I've been away for two years) and this is such a neat idea, I have to try it. :D I'm not terribly far yet, only just started (though I did spend a lot of time decorating my Sims' apartment lol). My Sim's name is Cerulean Blue (even though it's supposed to be Minty, I couldn't think of another name). Really enjoying her so far.

5Yb5MeR.pngIclEEVX.png
    Sq0nhBK.png0dN7Ckv.png

here ya go!! http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/917061/not-so-berry-challenge-gameplay#latest
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Yes you can do it if you plan a wedding. Have the engaged pair start the wedding, then once it's in progress select the sim you want to do the leaving and then click the wedding arch. The option to "Leave at the Alter" should come up if it doesn't check under the "Mean" Interactions.

!!!! it is an actual interaction

3dWCRqb.jpg
    jwUuNcj.jpg

i could make one!

That sounds great. :)

3dWCRqb.jpg
    jwUuNcj.jpg

i could make one!

That sounds great. :)

check above!
    Yup, I saw it and went over there to post. :)
    3KNPen wrote: »

!!!! it is an actual interaction

Yep. It's been an interaction in the games since Sims 2 I believe.
    ~ ~ ~
  • MewMew Posts: 93 Member

IclEEVX.png

Oh my, she's pretty! I think that dark lipstick is what does it. ;) A beautiful contrast to her pretty minty style.

I'm looking forward to starting this challenge myself. I've been really into this other challenge I've been doing, but now I want to switch! Should have known better than to look in the challenges list before I was done...
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
    It was a big mistake having twin toddlers :# they're so hard to care for
    edited April 2017
    @mew Thanks! I love her so much and I thought she'd be perfect for this challenge. I know what you mean about looking at challenge threads and trying not to tempt yourself....I do hope you start this one, though! Can't wait to see what your Sim looks like. :D

@princess2109 Twin toddlers! Yikes. I've been away from the game for a while and never got to try the S4 Toddlers...looking forward to that, though two sounds like a handful....can you still hire nannies?
    Post edited by BlindxSecrets on
  • BalduyBalduy Posts: 3 New Member
    Can you grow the sims before your birthday?
    @mew Thanks! I love her so much and I thought she'd be perfect for this challenge. I know what you mean about looking at challenge threads and trying not to tempt yourself....I do hope you start this one, though! Can't wait to see what your Sim looks like. :D

@princess2109 Twin toddlers! Yikes. I've been away from the game for a while and never got to try the S4 Toddlers...looking forward to that, though two sounds like a handful....can you still hire nannies?

Yeah!!
    So, after reading through the rules more carefully, I realized I'm going to need City Living before I even START this challenge anyway (vegetarian trait.) Hopefully I'll get that ep for my b-day in a couple of months, so it's no big deal. But, then that gives me more reason to stick with the one I'm doing right now. XD
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
    @mew I'm not positive but I think it's on sale on Origin right now. Naturally I bought it one day before the sale, lol. I believe it's half off or something, I'd have to double check.
    @BlindxSecrets Yeah, it is, but I just bought the other two EPs on that sale, and that's my entire budget for entertainment this month. XD I'm a (fiscally responsible) broke-🐸🐸🐸🐸 22 year-old.
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • veritEAveritEA Posts: 3 New Member
    how do you get unnatural colours to stick for toddlers and children?????
    @veritEA It can be a bit tricky and take a bit of patience to get the colors to stick. What you need to do is change the hair on the toddler/child and then switch it over to an adult Sim and wait a second or two before closing out of CAS (make sure the toddler/child's hair color in their portrait on the bottom of the scree is the color you want it before you close out. It should stay that color in-game until the next time you go into CAS when it might switch back to a normal color again.

I really hope they fix this in a patch soon.
    ~ ~ ~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top