Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy Spouse Question ANSWERED

ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
Hi Everyone,

QUESTION: Can founders and heirs marry pre made sims during a legacy challenge?

I am currently doing a Legacy Challenge Let's Play series on YouTube and I really dont want to mess up the rules. I have never played an original Legacy Challenge before and I have read the rules a bunch of times but I cant figure this out.

I have a vague recollection that the founder and subsequent heirs are NOT allowed to marry premade sims (like the Goths or Landgraabs for example) and they must marry a game generated townie. I have reread the rules so many time but I can't find the answer to this particular question.

Any help would be much appreciated!

<3
Post edited by ShadyLady_DQ on

Comments

• RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    What was your question?
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    Whether or not Founders and heirs can marry pre made sims. I will edit the original for clarity
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm pretty sure Pinstar said in his legacy LP that you can not marry premades. There are some potentials on the gallery that you can download into your game, but you're not suppose to look at their traits while you are in the gallery (or anywhere). Look up the hashtag #LegacyLoves and #LegacyLovers
    p8L4V6v.png
    The only limitation is that the spouse cannot bring money into the marriage. So your founder can legally marry, say, Cassandra Goth if she's not the only sim in the Goth household. Johnny Zest would be off-limits because he lives alone and would bring the value of his house and whatever he's got in the bank.

Since marrying a single townie would bring $20k, you'll need to move your bride or groom into another NiW household before the marriage.
    So it looks like there are some conflicting opinions here about what the right answer it...
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Pinstar said in his legacy LP that you can not marry premades. There are some potentials on the gallery that you can download into your game, but you're not suppose to look at their traits while you are in the gallery (or anywhere). Look up the hashtag #LegacyLoves and #LegacyLovers

This is what I remember from watching Sims 3 Legacy Challenges on Youtube and I thought that it was the same for Sims 4, but I can't tell from reading the rules. BTW, thanks for the legacy tags I am sure those will come in handy in the future.
    The only limitation is that the spouse cannot bring money into the marriage. So your founder can legally marry, say, Cassandra Goth if she's not the only sim in the Goth household. Johnny Zest would be off-limits because he lives alone and would bring the value of his house and whatever he's got in the bank.

Since marrying a single townie would bring $20k, you'll need to move your bride or groom into another NiW household before the marriage.

I would have to agree that what you said is what the rules now seem to imply when reading them on the Sims Legacy site. I have played some rags to riches challenges and once I have chosen a spouse I usually merge them with a random family before they get married so there are no funds transferred.

I'm still confused as to whether or not it is allowed...but thanks for the advise and links, maybe we can all figure it out together!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    When in doubt, you can just ask on their website. Pinstar and Mystic are usually pretty quick to respond to questions about the legacy and super nice.
    p8L4V6v.png
    I asked Mystic to pop in here to give you an official answer.
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    When in doubt, you can just ask on their website. Pinstar and Mystic are usually pretty quick to respond to questions about the legacy and super nice.
    I asked Mystic to pop in here to give you an official answer.

Awesome! Thanks so much @ChelleJo and @RealPollyMogs for all the help!
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I am positive you can marry a pre made, so long as they don't bring any money with them.
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    Hiya, this is Mystic from the Legacy website :)

Yes, premades are allowed as long as they don't bring in money. In order to ensure that they don't bring in money it's best to make sure they are coming from a household with more than one person living in it. You could use premades from the gallery or even townies from the game.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
    I am positive you can marry a pre made, so long as they don't bring any money with them.
    Hiya, this is Mystic from the Legacy website :)

Yes, premades are allowed as long as they don't bring in money. In order to ensure that they don't bring in money it's best to make sure they are coming from a household with more than one person living in it. You could use premades from the gallery or even townies from the game.

Thanks so much for all of your help in answering my question!
    Thanks, Christina.
  • ElaineofShalottElaineofShalott Posts: 43 Member
    Hi Mystic,

Is this a change? The legacy challenge website FAQ currently says:
    Q: With the spouse rule change, can we bring in non-townies (Like Bella Goth) as long as they don’t bring in any money?
    A: This one is a bit nebulous. The technical answer is “no” but if you, the player don’t know their traits/skills ahead of time, then they should be fair game as they are essentially the same as #LegacyLoves sims. The spirit of the rule is to prevent players from moving in sims that they’ve either created themselves or know ahead of time their skills and traits.

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I was reading this, and was wondering about something. Instead of limiting who they can marry because of not bringing in money, would it be OK to use a money cheat to remove the extra cash that was brought along with that sim?
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    edited February 2017
    So I just started my very first legacy game and my sim has fallen in love with Don Lothario...and I accidentally clicked Propose and because she had no other interactions in her queue, I didn't get to cancel it before it happened. So if she marries him, can I use the money cheat to lose all his money when he moves in?

Edited to say I quite like his genetics :smiley:
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2017
    Don has three other roommates so he doesn't bring any money into your household when he moves. The only time a sim brings money with them to your household in Sims 4 is if they were the only Sim living on their lot or if they are a homeless sim. But in that case yes you can use a money cheat to bring your money down to what it was before they moved in. That's perfectly within the spirit of the challenge.

And yes Don is Love. I recommend getting him the Carefree trait ASAP because because he can be quite the drama queen sometimes with his trait combos (all three have the option to make him tense under certain circumstances and I have had him get tense from all three at the same time). I actually have chosen to not give him the trait in one of my saves because he's just so much fun as a drama queen but your mile may vary depending on your willingness to put up with his antics lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    Basically you can marry any sims who you found out their traits fairly.
    If they bring in money you can do this:
    testingcheats on
    money whatever they had before.

So if you had 20000 and the sim brought in another 20000 you would write money 20000
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!