Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't I edit my first page of discussion?

2...Next

Comments

• stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    TheMatteo0 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the whole/general problem- but I have managed to (after extensive testing and editing) identify the issue which stopped me from editing the first page and triggering the 'post awaiting approval' glitch message. Hopefully this may help some of you, even if it isn't a general fix :).

I found the issue was something which had previously worked fine, but now seemed to be glitched and couldn't be re-posted into any new post, or edited in any other post. It was the syncing between a "word" (in my case "Download") and the url which I had linked that word to (in my case a link to the gallery).

I found that by editing my post to remove all the url linked words and then placing the url link after the word, I was able to fix my problem and edit my posts as normal :).
    Thanks for the tip @TheMatteo0! :) I also removed all customized hyperlinks from my problematic first post and was able to edit it and my thread title without getting the “needs approval” message. Afterwards, I re-added the urls to the text and was still able to save my changes.
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited December 2015
    Ugh...still trying to work around this here. I went through and removed the specialized links and just made them plain, but that didn't help.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    You guys aren't alone. I just lost the Stories and Legacies Index tonight because after trying to edit posts to add new submissions to them, I got "this post awaiting approval" errors and then promptly the post was deleted from the line-up. Post after post was eaten and when I tried starting up a new thread with my text document backup, I had the same issue! On a brand-new thread! It won't let me post back in that data no matter what I do! I'm so saddened and upset about this I feel sick inside. -_-;;
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    For me...and I'm just saying this is what I've experienced...others may have another experience...all I do is take out the picture or imbedded text on the first line. If you have regular text on the first line, it seems to take it. I've also had problems with editing, but if I get rid of some of the embedded text or pictures, it likes it and then I edit from there.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Well, I never know when it's going to happen, and I am editing posts on there *a lot* (daily). I can't live in fear that every single time I click edit, today is going to be the day it suddenly decides that a post it was fine with five minutes ago it suddenly hates just because I added another bit of information -- a bit of information formatted identicaly to all the other bits of information that were previously on the thread. I'm not exactly sure what I should do to get the Stories and Legacies Index back up (at least I'm smart enough to keep an external back-up... just because I've had forums do stuff like like this to me in the past!) but... ya. I do have picture headers on the posts (and those happen to be the only images on the posts) but they've never been a problem in the past (and I've made thousands of edits with them there before it suddenly just starting happily munching away all my posts last night to that error).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited December 2015
    @SimGuruDrake - Same issue for me. I am in the process of setting up a new thread for the Daily Deal Rotation. The first post is fine. I lost a few posts further down on the first page. I did have url links to outside websites, but these were all sites that had been linked in other posts.
    TheMatteo0 wrote: »
    I found that by editing my post to remove all the url linked words and then placing the url link after the word, I was able to fix my problem and edit my posts as normal :).
    @TheMatteo0 - I am going to try this fix.

ETA - I reposted on the 4th page of the DD thread. I pasted the hyperlinks without the URL bbcode tags. The post was saved. I edited the post hours later to add back the url bbcode. Sure enough, the post was lost - so this problem is not limited to posts on the first page. It is strange that I have 18 other posts on the first page of the DD thread that include the URL bbcode and they have been saved. So far, I can edit those - keeping my fingers crossed.
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Still experiencing this problem. While it is working removing all the URL tags, it makes our posts harder to read.

ETA - Some wonderful behind the scenes cleanup has occurred. The DD thread has been fixed.

Thank you!! :grin:
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet