Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game generating too many single moms!

I have noticed this lately and not sure if everybody is having it.
Before the game used to generate a mom, daughter and son.
When I checked today it seems the game is generating a single mom and her child. Like many of them

Have you noticed it? or is it in my game only?

sm1.jpg~original
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited November 2015
    Way too many irresponsible fathers in Willow Creek :D

I have quite a fair share of single mother townies in my game, but they usually have more children and sometimes another female adult in their household. Could be some weird coding, or just plain RNG.
    Post edited by Mightydan on
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I think it's just random. My latest game has generated oodles of elders this time.
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    Have you recently adopted a child? I notice that if you adopt one the game generates a pool of children with their mothers. Otherwise I have, like you, mostly had households with a mother, teen daughter and a boy child.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I read somewhere that the game tries to balances between the lifestages and gender, but I already have many female sims and many children too. So not sure why this started happening. Will keep a close eye to see if this will continue or not.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Way too many irresponsible fathers in Willow Creek :D

I have quite a fair share of single mother to townies in my game, but they usually have more children and sometimes another female adult in their household. Could be some weird coding, or just plain RNG.

yep many irresponsible :)
    giphy.gif
    Tiipii wrote: »
    Have you recently adopted a child? I notice that if you adopt one the game generates a pool of children with their mothers. Otherwise I have, like you, mostly had households with a mother, teen daughter and a boy child.

No actually since I played the game when it was released until date I never used the adopt option. My sims are rabbits
    giphy.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    When I checked today it seems the game is generating a single mom and her child. Like many of them

sm1.jpg~original

Looks to me like you adopted and have aging turned on. If you'd looked at least a few Sim days earlier, those would have been a mom and a baby. I clean out NIW Sims post-adoption now. Not sure when the game stopped culling those households post-adoption, or if it still does but I'm just not patient enough to wait for it to.

@Tiipii The Mother-Girl Teen-Boy Child household generates when you visit the park. That one bugs me because it throws off the entire gender balance of the town. It's been that way for at least a year. :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Definitely not only your game. Mine does the same. Any game-generated household with kids would have a single mother. Never a couple or single father. Interestingly, a fair number of them would be overweight too.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

@Tiipii The Mother-Girl Teen-Boy Child household generates when you visit the park. That one bugs me because it throws off the entire gender balance of the town. It's been that way for at least a year. :(

(sheesh, I never knew that!)
    Okay, we need a Great Revealer Of Secrets thread!

(sheesh, I never knew that!)
    Okay, we need a Great Revealer Of Secrets thread!

^Me, the Great Quoter of Quotes. *sigh*
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

sm1.jpg~original

No men in your town? You would have to double the male population to catch up with all those females.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    I've noticed this in my game also. All the game generated households are either single moms or single elders. Where's the families and single dads? My game population must be very imbalanced.
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Maybe they are forming a band called "The Single Ladies".
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Starting a new game, the game generates families of male, female and two kids. Maybe it's a save game problem.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maybe this is a hint at the next Game Pack, a Jeremy Kyle show type EP where you have to find out the babies dad?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    What do you mean, a save game problem?
  • tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    My game too
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Mine too. But I tend to delete any unwanted (not in world) households to avoid the culling problem.
  • ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    I think it's funny that the Mom-Teen-Child families always look unrelated to each other. It makes the lack of fathers all the worse. You mean, there were TWO dads that didn't stick around? Ouch.
  • hwaitaenghwaitaeng Posts: 57 Member
    I keep noticing the same thing happening on all of my save files, except for me, it generates a mother, a teenage daughter (never a son), and a child-aged son (never daughter). all the males in my game being in the child stage is a problem, as now my female sim teenagers are having problems finding boyfriends.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Mine currently has lots of elders, adults and teens. Not a young adult to be seen out of my household, which is very annoying when I have 2 young adults to marry off and wanted to have them marry sims they meet rather than create them myself.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    me too.. i do like it. i dont know why.. it fits to my stories usually and i like to find a good lady with a cute child attached to it.
    but whenever its a bug or it becomes TOO much, its not fun at all. they should fix it.

i have to admit that i like how they generate now townies with families at least. in previous games i hated how every townie was single and alone. I can at least be surprised by some childs coming along or even a husband that i might fight out of the way :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @SimGuruDrake, do you think that these two household-generation issues could be raised with developers? I tried to get attention to it a year ago (there's a topic buried deep in my discussions) - because of the way the mom-teenF-childM household is doing what @hwaitaeng describes - and really hoped it would be fixed by now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Is Don Lathario in your game still?? He is most likely the cause of all these single moms lol
    2ynjgg8.png
  • RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    I think it's just random. My latest game has generated oodles of elders this time.

I think you're right that it's random, although elders will spawn when your sims visit the OS bars. My game likes to create homeless teens.
    t1.png~original