Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everything Tastes Bad

Since I installed the Perfect Patio sp, any time my sims eat something - even if it's excellent - they make the yucky face and ew sound. There's no negative moodlet or anything for cheap fridge taste, they just act like a bunch of picky eaters. Is anyone else finding this?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hello.
    Perhaps repairing the game may help? To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Also perhaps selling and buying a new fridge may help? Also make sure that there are no empty dishes around where they are eating.

Edit to say, that it is affecting sims after eating the fruitcake. After that time, they don't like the food that they eat. There is a bug thread that I posted in a post later on in this thread.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • ChelotheSeaChelotheSea Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2015
    @rosemow I've repaired the game a few times but I can't remember if I have since getting Perfect Patio. I'll try it out when I get home tonight. If that doesn't work my sims will have to save up for a new fridge (I'm trying so hard not to cheat!) side note: I don't use any mods or cc.

*Question: if I repair the game often (maybe 2x per week) is it going to do more harm than good? Do you know what repairing the game actually does?

edited to also say thank you for replying :smiley:
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited June 2015
    Are you cooking with fresh ingredients? For some reason, even if the dish is excellent, it can taste bad if the ingredients were just "normal."

Are you cooking gourmet items? In my game, the family did not enjoy their mom's gourmet cooking until she maxed regular cooking.

ETA: Repairing the game consists of Origin checking to make sure particular game files are present and/or not corrupted. If the process finds one missing or corrupted, it replaces it with a fresh, non-corrupted file.
    @MsPhy hmmm I'll have to double check that, I'm not sure. It has happened in two separate games, both the beginnings of legacies, so the fridges are cheaper but they've been doing a lot of gardening so I would think the ingredients are higher quality by now. They are not gourmet dishes though.

And now that I think about it, it has only been the founders who have this issue. The first one was started with a single YA who now has a hubby and 6 kids (don't even get me started on the multiple babies bug issue...) and everyone else is fine. The second game is going to be a wonder child (followed by his/her own legacy) so both founders are doing it, but they don't have babies yet so it's just them.

Ultimately it's not a game breaking problem or anything, I just want them to enjoy "my" cooking. haha
    @rosemow I've repaired the game a few times but I can't remember if I have since getting Perfect Patio. I'll try it out when I get home tonight. If that doesn't work my sims will have to save up for a new fridge (I'm trying so hard not to cheat!) side note: I don't use any mods or cc.

*Question: if I repair the game often (maybe 2x per week) is it going to do more harm than good? Do you know what repairing the game actually does?

edited to also say thank you for replying :smiley:

Repairing the game fixes up glitches. MsPhy gave a helpful description of what it does.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited June 2015
    This happened to one of my sims after she had the fruit cake from the welcoming committee. It's like the bad taste sticks forever. Very annoying. So far she is the only one of my sims affected this way. Her husband who also ate the cake is fine. I am playing another family now and they are fine as well though they haven't endured the welcome wagon.

Edit to add: My sims use fresh vegetables from perfect plants. Fridge and stove are the expensive ones but not yet upgraded. Her cooking skills probably around 6. Nothing any different from any of my other houses.

It is also happening in my friend's game too. Not sure if her's started the same way.
    @Figwit Aha! They did consume the dreaded fruitcake! (I even tried to take it away from them and it just appeared in their hands)

@rosemow and @MsPhy Oh thank you for explain that/pointing it out. I missed it the first time I read MsPhy's reply.
  • taratara Posts: 8 New Member
    This has been happening to me as well. It's only happening to my one sim though. I made sure they used fresh ingredients too. I've repaired the game several times and it's still happening. I'm so frustrated about this.
    I repaired my game last night and bought them new expensive fridge and stove and they're still doing it.
    @tara It's funny how it's such a small thing yet it's so irritating, right?! I'm kinda glad it's not just me though; it makes me feel less obsessed with my sims.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i noticed this as well with one game im playing but they hate everything but excellent. ill be more mindful of the ingredients they use to make food. i have another game newer with set of new files and it doesnt have the issue.
  • taratara Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2015
    @ChelotheSea I reinstalled my game and so far I haven't been having the 'everything tastes bad' glitch. maybe there was a bad file in the game or something? I have a feeling it may come back though.
  • TPMoriartyTPMoriarty Posts: 55 Member
    One of my sims ate the fruitcake and has the bad taste syndrome. He even has an option to 'complain about fruitcake' in his pie menu. I just figured it was what he got for eating the fruitcake! None of my others sims did and they are fine. He is a level 10 cook with perfect gardening, so it is not the cooking. It was the fruitcake. :)
  • TPMoriartyTPMoriarty Posts: 55 Member
    Hehehe... guess he regrets moving to a new town! LOL
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I have passed this issue along to the QA team to look into :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Good because it is very annoying to see them act that way during what are otherwise enjoyable meal times.
    biglil711 wrote: »
    Good because it is very annoying to see them act that way during what are otherwise enjoyable meal times.

Hello @biglil711.
    There is an ea bug thread link about the fruitcake bug too. You may like to press " me too" on that thread as well.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sim-grossed-out-while-eating-good-food/m-p/4624898#U4624898
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Yep everything tastes bad. I think the fruitcake is responsible. I had one sim visiting when everyone was eating fruitcake including her. Her spouse has not had any fruit cake and his food tastes fine, but I get the yucky face from her.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yep it is the fruitcake. It happened to one of my sims.
  • RavensHrtRavensHrt Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2015
    It is definitely the fruitcake. After one of my Sims ate it she immediately started disliking all food everything after that tastes bad even her gourmet dinners. She now has the ability to "Complain about the fruitcake". Her charisma is maxed. She is also maxed in both cooking and gourmet cooking skills. I think I'll try giving her a dose of remedy medicine and see if it helps.

EDIT: Do not give your Sims the medication for this issue. My Sim got this message "Raven's liberal use of medication when she's not sick has caused some uncomfortable side-effects".
    Perhaps not liking her food will eventually wear off.

EDIT: Another Sim went on vacation and for some reason (she did not cook it) she had a fruitcake plate in her inventory. She ate it while out camping in the forest and now has the ability to "Enthuse about the fruitcake". She still loves her food at home.

Could this be a side-effect of the annoying neighbors that come to call when you buy a new home? If it is, I'm laughing but not really lol.

EDIT: Had Raven bake another fruitcake with apples as the fruit and had the same effect. The graphic shows its suppose to last 4 hrs so we'll see if it goes away after she sleeps and goes to work.
    fruitcake_zps4mqhpbqy.jpg

EDIT: After 4hrs, she still hates her food.
    Post edited by RavensHrt on
    RavensHrt Gallery Link

My Sims 4 Games Owned
    ravenshrt_gamepack_zpscyv4apsz.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    one thing to consider is rolling back the save to before eating the fruit cake http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1 HTH
  • RavensHrtRavensHrt Posts: 155 Member
    Not interested in rolling back the save. But thank you. I'll wait for the patch. Although she doesn't like her food, it doesn't seem to effect her mood which is a good thing. I did all the above testing to see if i could make her like her food again. My other character in another home still loves her food after the fruitcake she ate while camping. Raven is due for a vacation and has 9 days saved, so I'll take her camping and see if getting her out in the woodlands will help.
    RavensHrt Gallery Link

My Sims 4 Games Owned
    ravenshrt_gamepack_zpscyv4apsz.png
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    I am having this as well. Thought it was just me but now that I have seen this thread, my Neat sim (also my Cook in game) does the "nasty taste" thing event with Excellent dishes and great ingredients. He consumed the dreaded welcoming fruitcake as well as cleaned up multiple dishes which were left lingering around the community grounds.
    CxevBFV.gif
    Smooch wrote: »
    I am having this as well. Thought it was just me but now that I have seen this thread, my Neat sim (also my Cook in game) does the "nasty taste" thing event with Excellent dishes and great ingredients. He consumed the dreaded welcoming fruitcake as well as cleaned up multiple dishes which were left lingering around the community grounds.

Hello @Smooch. Perhaps you may like to press " me too" on this EA bug link thread, or add your experiences to the thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sim-grossed-out-while-eating-good-food/m-p/4624898#U4624898