Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mentor a child 10 times Successful Lineage adult children

Is there a way to complete this if all your children are grown?

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014
    celeste821 wrote: »

Hm. If they don't still live live with you. I'm thinking... No?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Hm. If they don't still live live with you. I'm thinking... No?

two still does but I don't know how to mentor adult kids
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    two still does but I don't know how to mentor adult kids

I'm thinking its time for you to have another child.

Children and teens work.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    yeah she is elderly so I doubt that
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    You can mentor any child, sometimes you can find children doing homework at the park and go help them. Awkward right lol? But it works.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Cmon just add a child sim in your household, do the requirement, then delete the kid.
  • JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Did you try mentoring just a random townie's child?
    i didn't know you could mentor a random townie i'll try that I tried having my daughter adopt a child and had that child draw on the activity table and choose encourage but that didn't raise the count. I also helped my grandchildren with homework and that didn't raise it either
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Cmon just add a child sim in your household, do the requirement, then delete the kid.
    I don't know what the "Cmon" is about, like I'm annoying you or something
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    It's about me being evil.
    Don't worry, will add it in the sig when the time comes, currently the sig is occupied with gameoriented stuff.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Easy way to do this and it does work on adult kids: make sure your sim has a skill at max that can be mentored. My sim had guitar I believe. Have the kid do the skill and then have the parent mentor. Cancel the mentor action but keep the kid skill building. Have the parent mentor again, cancel again. Repeat. If it hasn't been patched it should still work.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Doesn't the child have to be your own? I'm pretty sure it does. I had a step-dad (oh, or just "good friend" to the child) mentor his step-child and it didn't work. But that was before the most recent patch so it's possible that changed.
    Easy way to do this and it does work on adult kids: make sure your sim has a skill at max that can be mentored. My sim had guitar I believe. Have the kid do the skill and then have the parent mentor. Cancel the mentor action but keep the kid skill building. Have the parent mentor again, cancel again. Repeat. If it hasn't been patched it should still work.
    The only two skills that the mom has maxed so far is cooking and um the one for working out like on the treadmill, it doesn't seem to work for those two
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Doesn't the child have to be your own? I'm pretty sure it does. I had a step-dad (oh, or just "good friend" to the child) mentor his step-child and it didn't work. But that was before the most recent patch so it's possible that changed.

the help with homework didn't work for her own kids I use to have her help all the time

• biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    My only 10 is programming not seeming very helpful
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    It's about me being evil.
    Don't worry, will add it in the sig when the time comes, currently the sig is occupied with gameoriented stuff.
    Adding a disclaimer that says "I'm evil, so I can sometimes be unnecessarily rude" doesn't excuse you from being rude. Just sayin
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You could just cheat that part of the aspiration.