Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    @Evalen I would say yes as long as there is a fence (in a 64 size) that prevent the sims to talk and make friends with whoever is passing by, but I should wait to @katoregama to say the last word as she is the creator of the challenge

Edit to say, come on play it if that is what you want, this is sims I don´t think it is any difference if you stick to the challenge rules about no friendship and no job or going out

I love the idea of this challenge and gets me away from my family generation for awhile.
    Maybe I will do a half out side and half inside, I know what you mean by not being able to talk to sims and make friends. I was think more of making a out side and then I can connect the large house that I will be working on so as later the 8x8 area can be a garden, I'm not sure, maybe I'll just go with a building. I noticed that on small house had more then30 windows do they count.
    Also all the paintings can they be put in the mansion as you paint and will that count.

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I agree with junceda, Evalen. I think you can live in whatever you want as long as it is 8x8. Some people have had homes that were partly outside but still fit in the 8x8. I would just build a tall fence around it so your Sim can't interact with anyone.
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Despite Outdoor Retreat's release, Mansion Baron Aspiration has not changed so the rules still stand. You can build anything you want as long as your Sim stays within their 8X8 area, and does not interact with any other Sim. Having a tent is viable, as are any of the Outdoor Retreat items.

http://www.demon-heart.com/sims4/ixion/ixion-02.jpg

For one of my runs, I had a 3X8 area indoors and a 5X8 area outdoors. It was still a total of 64 usable tiles.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Evalen You just have to have the value of 350.000 $ in the lot, it has not to be in the real house, just put a wall and stuck content on it so you can delete it once the goal is reached, you can use MOO and stuck content there windows, paintings, pillars, anything, it will count the same for the lot value.

In real life, I work with architects, we had a client who sold his home to be able to build a new and better one and he lived in a tent at the garden while we were building it (because he got moneyless), your idea brought this back to me, lol!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2015
    Challenge accepted!

This is Ruavu Soleer, an alien currently being housed in "The Room", a small experimental housing chamber in Willow Springs. He lives on a 20x15 lot and serves as a sort of attraction for the residents of Willow Springs. He's a creative and childish muser who loves music and wants to become a best selling author.
    OSFgAZ1.png

And this is his home. It's currently worth about $17,500. All them windows! If you're wondering why he's not wearing pants, it just felt right.
    FglgB1U.png
    D6WJ5cv.png
    jBgv9TI.png
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I've spent the last 3 days reading all of the posts in this thread. I now feel ready to start the challenge myself. I downloaded Solitude Way by Pooky213 since I didn't feel like building my own starter house. My sim is Star Rivera. She's starting with the computer whiz aspiration. Her traits are childish, creative and loves the outdoors. I'll be keeping track of the challenge on my blog like I do all of the others I've done. Wish me luck!
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't know whether my first post will get approved because it had pictures. So here is the story:

Gideon Navarrete was insane (sometimes he thought he was a panda; sometimes he thought he was Darth Vader), creative (author of the screenplays, Raiders of the Lost Park and Dances with Hamsters), and neat. He locked himself in an 8x8 area with the goal of completing the Mansion Baron aspiration.

It took him 48 days and he used the rewards Frugal, Creative Visionary, Steel Bladder, Savant, Marketable, Speed Reader (not very useful), Never Weary, and Antiseptic plus Inspired, Focused, and Sleep Replacement Potions.

He made 125 points from aspiration levels (Nerd Brain 1, 2; Painter Extraordinaire 1, 2; Best-Selling Author 1, 2, 3, 4; Fabulously Wealthy 1, 2, 3, 4; Renaissance Sim 1; Computer Whiz 1, 2; Freelance Botanist 1, 2, 3; Master Chef 1; Musical Genius 1, 2; and Mansion Baron 1, 2, 3, 4).
    He made 40 points from skills (writing, painting, cooking, programming).

Score: 100 (start) + 125 (aspirations) + 40 (skills) - 48 days = 217.

My story with pictures can be found here: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22840.0.html

01-25-15_1-32%C2%A0AM.png

Here is my challenge sim. I got a little carried away and played 4 weeks already. I don't think I'm doing very good. Oh well. Here's my blog post with more pictures and stuff: rainygamez.blogspot.com/2015/01/ts4-room-challenge-1st-4-weeks.html

Score:
    Starting points 100
    -27 days (day 1 doesn't count)
    +1 level computer whiz +5
    +3 levels botanist +15
    +3 levels author +15
    +2 skills maxxed +20

Here's a pic of the creepy postman. He stands outside the house for hours after delivering the mail. To read more about weeks 5 & 6 stop by my blog: rainygamez.blogspot.com/2015/01/ts4-room-challenge-weeks-5-6.html

My score so far is 184.
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Just wondering if this is still going on? I would love to start this tonight.
    justlurking.gif

From previous posts I gather it's an ongoing challenge, people just start it when they want to. I just finished. :smiley:
    mansionbaron.png

Link to my blog page for more pics and info on Star's last days: http://rainygamez.blogspot.com/2015/01/ts4-room-challenge-challenge-complete.html

Score:
    Starting points 100
    -54 days (1st day doesn't count)
    -10 social in red
    +1 level computer whiz +5
    +3 levels botanist +15
    +3 levels author +15
    +1 level Best Selling Author +5
    +2 levels Painter Extraordinaire +10
    +1 level Big Happy Family +5
    +1 level Successful Lineage +5
    +1 level Master Chef +5
    +1 level Renaissance Sim +5
    +2 levels Nerd Brain +10
    +4 levels Faboulously Wealthy +20
    +4 levels mansion baron +20
    maxxed writing skill and cooking skill +20
    maxxed gardening & gourmet cooking +20
    maxxed painting & comedy skill +20

From previous posts I gather it's an ongoing challenge, people just start it when they want to. I just finished. :smiley:

Okay cool thanks for your help :D Think I'll start tonight. And congrats on the score B)

justlurking.gif
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Congrats, RainyDayz179!
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Congrats, RainyDayz179!

Thanks!
  • MrsTLadyMrsTLady Posts: 40 Member
    > @CaySedaiSim said:
    > Don't you need to use the mailbox to pay bills? Other than that, it sounds like an interesting challenge.
    I love you profile pic it is hilarious. LOl
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited February 2015
    Definitely a microcosmic type of challenge. My Sims rarely get to travel off lot so this is right up my alley as a quick diversion from my usual gameplay style. While working on the Mansion Baron Aspiration goals I am looking at completing a few others along the way. Need those points ;) Some unfortunate changes will make some not viable for completion.
    platt_10.jpg
    Focusing on the Best Selling Author at the moment. Royalties are coming in nicely. Ran into another snag. I was keeping some paintings to meet the 'Own 15 Pieces of Art' goal under Mansion Baron. NONE of them counted !?! Had to buy 15 paintings to meet the goal. I thought Sim created Art counted?
    @EuphorialQueen My paintings counted for the 15. How odd.
    @EuphorialQueen I know I read of other people having the same problem earlier in the thread so I suppose it must be a game bug.
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Sounds like fun!
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited February 2015
    5xsdfk.jpg

33y3ztf.jpg

100-59 days=41

Painter Extraordinaire=10
    Best Selling Author=20
    Musical Genius=15
    Successful Lineage=5
    Big Happy Family=5
    Master Chef=5
    Master Mixologist=5
    Fabulously Wealthy=20
    Mansion Baron=20
    Computer Whiz=10
    Freelance Botanist=15

Maxed Skills=70

Final Score=241

:D
  • alyssaxxamazin19alyssaxxamazin19 Posts: 24 Member
    Gonna start this later on today, this seems like a bit of a fun challenge
    edited February 2015
    Just started this today and moving along nicely. Bringing in royalties out the wazoo lol and this may sound crazy but how are you guys posting pictures
    edited February 2015
    can you totally delete comments
    Post edited by biglil711 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top