Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Floor plans

LovetoSimLovetoSim Posts: 70 Member
I love creating houses in the sims. I decided to find home floor plans on the internet and recreate them. This is the first one i did, minus the garage. I would like to see how yours turns out if you recreate this floor plan.

floorplan_zps5eb5a09b.jpg

What I did:

01-01-15_10-33nbspPM_zps4332b3f4.png

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Interesting.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    very nice...can you show us a full picture of the house? I mean all walls up and roof...just to see what it looks like.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The biggest one I've recreated as true to form as possible is the US BB house.

I look at house plans, and actually, I made one based off an mls listing. But mostly, I just go for efficiency....nothing fancy.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    LovetoSim wrote: »
    I love creating houses in the sims. I decided to find home floor plans on the internet and recreate them. This is the first one i did, minus the garage. I would like to see how yours turns out if you recreate this floor plan.

I have some floor plans around here somewhere that I was going to use, I forgot all about them, so thank you for reminding me :)
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    very nice...can you show us a full picture of the house? I mean all walls up and roof...just to see what it looks like.

Yes, I want see all of it too.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • LovetoSimLovetoSim Posts: 70 Member
    01-01-15_10-32nbspPM_zps27739d67.png

01-01-15_10-32nbspPM-2_zpsca23a6a7.png
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I'll bookmark this thread, and when I've got five minutes, I'll have a go at making this house :D
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    that looks huge - ad very nice
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    oooooh...the courtyard is great. See I didn't realize it was a courtyard with the first pics. Very nice.

I am going to attempt this tomorrow then. Just to see if I can do it. I suck at building...or I used to...but this new build system makes it so easy that I am actually becoming not too bad at it. Nothing great like Simsupply or anything but I can at least make something on my own now and be proud of it. Might be a day or two before I can finish it though....as I said I am not good at building yet, but getting better.

One suggestion I offer. I suspect a few people might like to try this kind of thing. Perhaps limit a thread to one blueprint and when you feel it is time to offer up a new blueprint for a challenge, start a new thread and put a link to the new thread and new blueprint into the opening message in this thread....just a thought.

• LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    Sometime I may get adventurous and give this a go. Very lovely floorplan and you did a great job with it!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I had to search for the exterior so I can see how I would cut it down but make the house the same shape. I don't like to build that large but this is a good challenge.
    VillaPisaniFrontColorRender_1.jpg

I'll work on it tonight and post in the thread. I think they will move the thread and I need to bookmark it so I can find it. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Wow, looks massive. I didn't realise how big it was. Very grand. The floor plans I have are for little houses, lol.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    I made a house based off of floorplans, but I can't for the life of me find what they were...

9e1046af9d.jpg
    2c415473a8.jpg
    aee54fb347.jpg
    7220a10c6c.jpg
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    wow, I'm not the only one who uses floor plans for my homes. :smiley:
  • KaiDohKaiDoh Posts: 40 Member
    I used to draw floor plans as doodles during class in highschool
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your home looks very nice! @LovetoSim‌ :) Your recreation of it from the floor plans is great! It looks very nice how you have done the courtyard and the pool area! The type of windows that you have used looks nice.
  • LovetoSimLovetoSim Posts: 70 Member
    Thank you everyone. I just thought it would be a fun thing to try. I wish we had curved stair cases, I would like to do a grand staircase.
  • LasagnyanLasagnyan Posts: 75 Member
    This sounds fun :) I will try too!
  • Marski746Marski746 Posts: 35 Member
    This looks like fun. I have never posted pictures. Is there a place that tells you how to do it?
    Marski746 wrote: »
    This looks like fun. I have never posted pictures. Is there a place that tells you how to do it?

Hello :) You will need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and be able to post pictures. This thread link explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know-updated-30-12-14

When you are able to post pictures , set up an account at a free photo hosting site such as Photobucket , Imgur, Flickr and upload your screenshots from the game to your account. Your photos will be in your screenshots folder that is in your sims 4 folder . Copy the link code of your photo from the photo hosting site , and then press the little file symbol that is above your post on the thread. Paste the photo code link there, then press enter. The photo link will then appear in your post. The picture will then appear when you press post comment.

I will looks forward to seeing your pictures :)
  • Marski746Marski746 Posts: 35 Member
    Ok thanks. I guess I have just about enough points but mostly keep to myself. Will have to be more talkative!!
    My eyes are too tired to finish the lot, I need to furnish it. I did finish the exterior and walls indoors.
    01-03-15_2-13nbspAM.png
    01-03-15_2-15nbspAM.png
    01-03-15_2-14nbspAM.png
    I will finish the lot in the morning. :)
    Your build looks very nice! @blewis823‌ :) The texture of the exterior looks nice, and it looks nice how you have a roof top tower. The shape of the pool looks great. It looks very nice that you have used the pegs items in your build, which adds a nice look to the exterior. It looks very nice how you have placed the hedge fencing on the edges of the building. The flower box windows are nice. Very nice front porchway!
    I hope that you enjoy doing the furnishing of the interior of the home :)
    Thank you @rosemow. Now I see how tired I was, I didn't finish the foundation paint. *facepalm* LOL :D
    Completed. It's a 4 bedrooms, 4 bath, with a large study, family area, master suite, dining room, BBQ/pool area. *Warning* Picture heavy post.

01-03-15_10-01nbspAM.png
    01-03-15_10-02nbspAM.png
    01-03-15_10-02nbspAM-2.png
    01-03-15_10-07nbspAM.png

01-03-15_10-04nbspAM.png
    01-03-15_10-04nbspAM-2.png
    01-03-15_10-05nbspAM.png
    01-03-15_10-05nbspAM-2.png

01-03-15_10-06nbspAM-3.png
    01-03-15_10-06nbspAM-2.png
    01-03-15_10-06nbspAM-4.png
    01-03-15_10-06nbspAM.png

01-03-15_10-03nbspAM.png
    01-03-15_10-03nbspAM-2.png
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    Awesome build!
    You put a lot of effort to all the details.