Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farm animals EP topic

Comments

• halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    A big yes to such EP
    Farm life is one of the most desired ideas by many simmers. Combine it with open for business EP and you can sell milk eggs, animals , meat etc. I would make a whole world with only farms.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2014
    Big fan of Harvest Moon. They have a new game coming out this winter. I can't wait..or I can but don't want too.

I had wished for a farming expansion since 2.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not crazy about the idea myself but people have wanted this for a long time so I hope we'll get it :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SimmySimmerSimmySimmer Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, Yes and of course yes...I really like that you said llamas. :D
  • lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm on the fence with this one. I haven't bought the farm content from the store, though I've thought about it several times. I think I'd probably end up buying it and making a farmer though, I do like gardening in the game, it makes for beautiful landscapes. I'm really looking forward to growing flowers, I've always wondered why that was left out of previous games.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2014
    :mrgreen: I think Pets and Farm animals should be two seperate EPs. For those who would fuss about money, if they are combined, then we won't get all of the animals we want and we will end up getting what we did in the Sims 3 store which was animals we can't touch or do really anything with.

Also, I wish they all can breed and that they can be sold for a profit like in real life.

My personal opinoin, which I'm entitled to is:

Pets: I was hoping caged pets would be in the basegame, because a world with no pets/animals is weird. But, if not, I would like:
    horses
    dogs
    cats
    hamsters
    guinee pigs
    lizards
    snakes
    rabbits
    ferrits
    small house pigs
    snails
    frogs(sm. and med.)
    tarantualas
    turtles
    cages to catch bugs in the wild(lightning bugs)
    A unicorn and pegasus that I can actually have instead of working to death for and never getting as I've done in the Sims 3.

Farm EP, which would come with a tractor, extentions, and crops
    Farm clothes for all ages/sexes and inside/outside decor from
    the old days/antiques.
    Cows
    goats
    pigs
    sheep
    chickens
    ducks
    geese
    mice- loose in world/house

And for the lifeform: Bigfoot :shock:
    I just feel that both deserve their own EPs and there are pleanty of things to make it worth two EPs. I do hope the pet store returns either in this or in OFB EP. :mrgreen:

• Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2014
    davina1221 wrote:
    :mrgreen: I think Pets and Farm animals should be two seperate EPs. For those who would fuss about money, if they are combined, then we won't get all of the animals we want and we will end up getting what we did in the Sims 3 store which was animals we can't touch or do really anything with.

Also, I wish they all can breed and that they can be sold for a profit like in real life.

My personal opinoin, which I'm entitled to is:

Pets: I was hoping caged pets would be in the basegame, because a world with no pets/animals is weird. But, if not, I would like:
    horses
    dogs
    cats
    hamsters
    guinee pigs
    lizards
    snakes
    rabbits
    ferrits
    small house pigs
    snails
    frogs(sm. and med.)
    tarantualas
    turtles
    cages to catch bugs in the wild(lightning bugs)
    A unicorn and pegasus that I can actually have instead of working to death for and never getting as I've done in the Sims 3.

Farm EP, which would come with a tractor, extentions, and crops
    Farm clothes for all ages/sexes and inside/outside decor from
    the old days/antiques.
    Cows
    goats
    pigs
    sheep
    chickens
    ducks
    geese
    mice- loose in world/house

I just feel that both deserve their own EPs and there are pleanty of things to make it worth two EPs. I do hope the pet store returns either in this or in OFB EP. :mrgreen:

OMG, rabbits would be awesome! Tarantula's.....Noooooo!!! The thought freaks me out..lol.
    edited July 2014
    IIt would also be cool to get some equipment to make farming crops faster...a plow for example, or the ability to hire an employee to come work in the field with your sim.

8) Yes. Thanks for this. A gardener for hire. And a hand plow for the poor, Clydesdale pulled for the more privilaged, and tractor attatchement plow for our varied selection of tractors, both older models and newer ones. :mrgreen: Oh please.
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    sellable sim made goodies. They could have the canning station to sell jam, fresh eggs and milk to sell, it could include more recipes so they could have bake sales as well. And then I would also like them to include spinning, butter churning, and bee keeping (like Makin' Magic had), and then throw in sewing along with that so that you could have a truly self-suficiant farmers' community.

Forgot this and it would go great in a farmining EP as well as candlemaking. :mrgreen:

Slyboots yes farming and gardening and a gardener for hire as different things. Some may want to garden, but not have animals. Some may want it all and sell produce and animals. Some may be rich and want things, but not do the work, which is why we need gardeners-for-hire. :mrgreen:
  • sara4681sara4681 Posts: 120 Member
    edited July 2014
    If the horses comes back, i'm happy!
    Woohoo, Coffee and Rock n' Roll!
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    If the S4 farm expansion happens... I'd like there to be bunnies and bunny hutches (nice ones like below). Please.

210x.jpg
    58.6.jpg
  • olekebollekeolekebolleke Posts: 156 Member
    edited October 2014
    Yes. I like cows and pigs. there are pigfarms and cowfarms where I live and orchards with cherries and apples. I would like those two, even if they arent animals obviously
    ETA I really need to switch my iPad dictionary to english since the Dutch one maken me mess up so many times
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Where are these sprawling acres in which to build our farms in TS4?
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited October 2014
    As long as it's close to goat simulator I'm all for it.

But wait... Goat Simulator is an open world.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • olekebollekeolekebolleke Posts: 156 Member
    It could be a whole new world
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Right, so you take a game that was designed for small zones with very few things going on to huge zones with dozens of animal AI and animation amongst other things running. Trust me, its gonna run smooth as butter with that EP.. OR the more likely scenario is that farm animals in TS4 would be about as real as babies are. Sorry, but either way I'm not feeling it.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I totally love this idea. Sort of like Farmville meets The Sims lol, and if anyone remembers how huge Farmville was, I'm sure you can agree this would be a successful EP!

I wouldn't like "sheering" sheep though. :shock: Perhaps sticking to cows for milking and chicken for eggs would be good.

Shearing sheep is no worse than humans getting a haircut -- at least the sheep aren't killed to do it. It's also healthier for them; getting rid of the old fleece clears out any fleas or any other bugs that might have gotten in there (the fleas/bugs get killed during the fleece washing and treating process before spinning into wool), and in the warm weather it keeps them cooler.

Actually, being the Sims and all that, we should be able to keep llamas and shear them; llama wool can be very high quality. Maybe even be able to improve the quality of the wool depending how well you take care of the animal. Then the wool can be spun into yarn and used to knit/crochet garments (scarves/shawls/sweaters) or blankets.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    So want a farming EP! I also could see worlds having larger lots and public spaces
  • MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    omg! if we ever had a farm EP I want cute little piggies...piggies that would eventually become pets :3
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I totally love this idea. Sort of like Farmville meets The Sims lol, and if anyone remembers how huge Farmville was, I'm sure you can agree this would be a successful EP!

I wouldn't like "sheering" sheep though. :shock: Perhaps sticking to cows for milking and chicken for eggs would be good.

Shearing sheep is no worse than humans getting a haircut -- at least the sheep aren't killed to do it. It's also healthier for them; getting rid of the old fleece clears out any fleas or any other bugs that might have gotten in there (the fleas/bugs get killed during the fleece washing and treating process before spinning into wool), and in the warm weather it keeps them cooler.

Actually, being the Sims and all that, we should be able to keep llamas and shear them; llama wool can be very high quality. Maybe even be able to improve the quality of the wool depending how well you take care of the animal. Then the wool can be spun into yarn and used to knit/crochet garments (scarves/shawls/sweaters) or blankets.

My boyfriend and I toured a sheep ranch in Tasmania a couple of years ago... I loved how the sheep just flop over in a somersault position while the guy sheared it... it just laid there. They sure do smell though. Gotta have trained dogs to wrangle the sheep, too.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Right, so you take a game that was designed for small zones with very few things going on to huge zones with dozens of animal AI and animation amongst other things running. Trust me, its gonna run smooth as butter with that EP.. OR the more likely scenario is that farm animals in TS4 would be about as real as babies are. Sorry, but either way I'm not feeling it.

I wouldn't expect the animals to be roaming free -- if they're just objects that's fine with me. But I want to be able to interact with them and affect the quality of the product (milk/eggs/wool/etc.) by how well I take care of the animals.

I've suggested this before but they could add a rural world with more of the larger lots (30x40 and 50x50; both those should be able to hold at least a couple of animals and a small garden especially if you get good at gardening and can graft several different plants onto one), with the central park area being a farmer's market type area where Sims can buy and sell products. Since only a few lots load at one time it shouldn't really be that taxing on the system. And I can't see any type of animal where they actually have to be sent off to be killed just because some people are against that sort of thing, so that would eliminate pigs for the most part -- animals with renewable resources such as cows (milk that can be made into butter and even ice cream), chickens (eggs to use in recipes) and sheep (fleece that can be turned into wool then made into items) would probably be the limit. Can't really see horses making a comeback because you really can't ride them anywhere.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I hope we get sheep... Asuka would be so happy :)
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I've been saying it for a long time; replace Pets with a farming expansion which still includes the basic pets. Much more fleshed out and will offer something to those who really aren't bothered about pets themselves, especially if you can sell the produce you grow or the goods you gain from the animals.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    This is all very interesting, but the sheer weight of all the options and wants enumerated so far could probably fill 3 EPs at least. What if the petrolheads start one asking not only for cars, but the chance to race too, Indycar, F1,rally...then the bikers chip in with their list, people want garages, etc. Where does it all end? In a bloated game choking on its' own "stuff".
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have always wanted a farm ep. Would the sims 4 be able to handle a farm ep since the lots are so small? Where would you ride the horses? Would you have to use a loading screen to if they rode off the lot? If they made a farm ep for the sims 4 I would buy the sims 4 in a minute. Maybe this is something EA needs to consider to bring more people back to the game.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg