The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read book at the library cannot be fulfilled

this is one of the goals in the bestselling author aspiration. After the patch I'm stuck. It is not working anymore.

Can you confirm if it is working for you.
Have read more than 3 books in the library but no effect at all :s
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• lotte9558lotte9558 Posts: 45 Member
    On the dutch forums people were also complaining about it, I haven't tried it yet but I think it's a bug.
  • MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    They changed it from "get over writers block", but only changed the text, did not change the coding (oops!). If you get and overcome writers block, it will fulfill the "read one book at library". I can confirm it works just did it 2 days ago.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    MelRedux wrote: »
    They changed it from "get over writers block", but only changed the text, did not change the coding (oops!). If you get and overcome writers block, it will fulfill the "read one book at library". I can confirm it works just did it 2 days ago.

Oh thank you, but what do I have to do to overcome the writer's block?
    appreciate your help
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif

Oh it has been brought up here before. Thanks a lot for sharing the link
    giphy.gif
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    You're welcome. :)
  • MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member

appreciate your help

I got writers block by practicing writing while in a "fine" mood. Took about 3 sim hours to get writers block. Then take a bubble bath to get rid of the writers block moodlet.

appreciate your help

I got writers block by practicing writing while in a "fine" mood. Took about 3 sim hours to get writers block. Then take a bubble bath to get rid of the writers block moodlet.

Thank you very much. I will do that.
    giphy.gif
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    didn't work for me either. But use a cheat to get by it. open the cheat bar, type testingcheats true, then type aspirations.complete_current_milestone, this will get you past that and into the next stage of the aspiration.
    Elmawa wrote: »
    didn't work for me either. But use a cheat to get by it. open the cheat bar, type testingcheats true, then type aspirations.complete_current_milestone, this will get you past that and into the next stage of the aspiration.

Ah thank you for this. First I will use the writer block, but will use what you have suggested with the BBFs requirement as that one is buggy too.

Man they need to give priority to these bugs.
    giphy.gif
  • BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    thanks for this thread. I was having same problem. Spent all night reading in library and it did nothing toward achievement.
  • Emileana83Emileana83 Posts: 2 New Member
    I completed that one but now I'm having problems with the Write for 3 hours straight while inspired I've done it 4 times and nothing? anyone else had this?
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Read books is just Writers Block. Go to my name in Gallery, download room 'Get Me Writers Block' costs about $2k, place in back yard. Follow instructions in description...easy peazy, done it over a dozen times now.WB is not glitched, it easy of you do it right. No need for cheats.