Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone is having affairs..?

Lately i noticed there's no real loyalty when it comes to relationships and that strikes me as bizare..
None of my sims have the Uncommited trait, and yet it seems like they both hit on other people and i dont know how to stop it.
My sim hardley cares if she catches her BF hitting on her best friend, and it looks like nobody is being faithful anymore..
is it just me? did anyone else notice that? and do u even care?

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    It adds a little drama to the game, so I let my sims go with it. >:)
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    This happened to me once, the wife was hitting on somebody and her husband stood there smiling. So much for "Smarter Sims"...
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Similly7 wrote: »
    no. yes. no.

:D

• SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Dunno if its true still, but in 3, family oriented sims that were in a relationship never flirted.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    no. yes. no.

:D

Sassy Joxer moodlet achieved.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Similly7Similly7 Posts: 188 Member
    > @SimKeats said:
    > Dunno if its true still, but in 3, family oriented sims that were in a relationship never flirted.

Maybe i should have them both family oriented and see if that changes anything..
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Unfortunately, it's more basic than affairs.

When 2 uncontrolled sims greet each other, be it in the street, the park or anywhere else, this will ignite a relationship.
    It can be friends, dislike, lovebirds, or hot and cold (dislike, but with romance).
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Sounds like my kinda town...
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    The OP's town can be summed up with 1 word: Giggity
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    I did an experiment and had a guy flirt with the nanny in front of his wife. She got really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and hit him.
    > @thesims3andtwo said:
    > I did an experiment and had a guy flirt with the nanny in front of his wife. She got really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and hit him.

Hit him? LOL.. u go girl!
    edited September 2014
    I meant his wife not the nanny - though she wasn't thrilled he was coming onto her other , now that i think about it.
    Oh i knew it was the wife hitting him.. would have been perfect if the nanny did too .. >:)
  • GreyhoundMamaJGreyhoundMamaJ Posts: 87 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    Dunno if its true still, but in 3, family oriented sims that were in a relationship never flirted.

My Sims are both family oriented trait, and I've not noticed that.
    Find a fast friend...adopt a Greyhound!
    My Origin ID is japowell6
  • AstasiaAstasia Posts: 238 Member
    I've yet to have any of the sims in my town create any sort of romances on their own, or flirt with a sim they weren't already romantically involved with.

Are you sure they are flirting and aren't just flirty? A sim can be in a flirty mood for multiple reasons, and it doesn't mean they are going to flirt with who they are talking to.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I saw Pearl Yang flirting with a guy the day of her wedding...
  • MarixsaMarixsa Posts: 187 Member
    I had a sim have multiple affairs (he's a player) got caught by his girlfriend but she only got upset. I really miss how in the Sims3 you had the option to rat out the other sim if someone else knew about the affair. I have one guy who is married with kids and has a girlfriend with a total of 6 kids together as well and the girlfriend finally met the wife during a jog and they became friends...
    oh plum , the troll is here.
    Asuka , i have an idea:

So as not to invade this thread , how about one of us makes a new thread and you and I can have a pic war.
    > @Astasia said:
    > I've yet to have any of the sims in my town create any sort of romances on their own, or flirt with a sim they weren't already romantically involved with.
    >
    > Are you sure they are flirting and aren't just flirty? A sim can be in a flirty mood for multiple reasons, and it doesn't mean they are going to flirt with who they are talking to.

Oh yea, Im sure.. She was kissing her Neighbor's (her MARRIED neighbor's) hands, and her BF offered her best friend a rose..
    Clearly - these are romantic interactions. i just dont get it, really..
  • MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    The game doesn't recognize stepchildren, so one of my sims started hitting on his stepdaughter. That was creepy :\
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Wierder Stories, but it happens ALL the time on tv, so not so much wierder >.>
    > @MelRedux said:
    > The game doesn't recognize stepchildren, so one of my sims started hitting on his stepdaughter. That was creepy :\

LOL.. this game is one step away from becoming a poligamy and incest fest.. :s
    how "smart" of them..
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    > @MelRedux said:<br />
    > The game doesn't recognize stepchildren, so one of my sims started hitting on his stepdaughter. That was creepy :\<br />
    <br />
    LOL.. this game is one step away from becoming a poligamy and incest fest.. :s <br />
    how "smart" of them..

Modders already took that step a few days ago.

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    MelRedux wrote: »
    The game doesn't recognize stepchildren, so one of my sims started hitting on his stepdaughter. That was creepy :\

8310660.gif

Hooray for "weirder stories." Um, yeah... I think I was fine when "weird stories" meant playing with ghosts and unicorns. :neutral_face:
    IHJCfa6.jpg