Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July focuses on everyone's favorite pastime *Updated Wednesday, July 2!

196979899100102...Next

Comments

• kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2014
    Catdog123 wrote:
    Lol Dizzy's game will soon have a new ghost type drowning in tea sets. :lol:
    :lol::lol: I like it!! :mrgreen:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't even used the tea set yet! :( Haven't really found a place at my Sims' home to put it -- though I'll probably be moving them fairly soon because they've got a lot of money from gem sales. I recently expanded their home in Hidden Springs to 2 stories; I used the new stairs from the Old Mill set to go upstairs, then added 3 bedrooms and a bathroom up there. In the original downstairs is the kitchen/dining area (with the canning station, baker's oven and wood-fire oven), and I added a living room (for reading/watching TV) and an activity room (where they can work out and the wife can do her writing). In the back is a small outbuilding with access to the basement for sculpting/inventing/other activities. (Once I do move them out I'll demolish the expanded house and replace it with a copy of the original, to return affordable housing to the town.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • karen65pkaren65p Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2014
    hi all I just bought this set and I need to find where abouts tea set is in game and the mill house thanks in advance kazz
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    dizzydee wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    dizzydee wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Oh, shoot! I placed a bakery rack on the Old Mill lot with the intention to be able to place jars of pickles and jams on them. But I also have the Cupcake Mod. It filled the shelves with sweets at 5am. Darn it! As Marie Antoinette said, let them eat cake!

Hee hee! Whoopsie! :D

:lol:

I try to avoid the Cupcake menu because it has soooo many options :shock: , but I do think you can disable it on a the display case menu.
    Well, I decided to give it a try yesterday. I tweaked some of the settings for the Cupcake Mod. I managed to get it so that the top shelf only has birthday and wedding cakes and the lower shelves are bare. Couldn't find settings for individual racks, so all of them are like that in my game now. I can live with it. I pretty much only use the bakery oven at home, anyway. I can't be bothered to actually run the bakery myself.

You need to use the NRAAS Cupcake menu on the individual rack. I've now completely forgotten what it said, but I tried it out in my game last night and it did seem to work. "Disable Auto Stock" :?:
    I must have an outdated version of that mod. No individual options the my version. I'll look into it. Thanks!
    Okay, confession time. I don't know what I was thinking the other night. I looked again this morning and noticed that I do have options for the Cupcake mod on an individual rack basis. So I turned on Auto Restock at City Hall and then turned it off for the specific rack at the Old Mill. I think this should work. I don't know what I was using for brain cells the other night. :roll: :oops:
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited July 2014
    karen65p wrote:
    hi all I just bought this set and I need to find where abouts tea set is in game and the mill house thanks in advance kazz

The Tea Set is in with dining tables. SimGuruKitty's lots are here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314506

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314505
    edited July 2014
    I haven't even used the tea set yet! :( Haven't really found a place at my Sims' home to put it -- though I'll probably be moving them fairly soon because they've got a lot of money from gem sales. I recently expanded their home in Hidden Springs to 2 stories; I used the new stairs from the Old Mill set to go upstairs, then added 3 bedrooms and a bathroom up there. In the original downstairs is the kitchen/dining area (with the canning station, baker's oven and wood-fire oven), and I added a living room (for reading/watching TV) and an activity room (where they can work out and the wife can do her writing). In the back is a small outbuilding with access to the basement for sculpting/inventing/other activities. (Once I do move them out I'll demolish the expanded house and replace it with a copy of the original, to return affordable housing to the town.)

:lol: This made me laugh. Especially the last bit about affordable housing. I always worry about affordable housing. I think every town needs one large lot with a "housing development" on it categorized as apartments. Except I don't know if this would work because I don't know how apartments work and I don't build (too hard on my eyes).

But, you need a Tea Set, pronto. The expressions on your sims faces while drinking tea will be worth it. I keep trying to get a good screenshoot, but I'm not fast enough on the trigger - and there are so many of them. :)
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Okay, confession time. I don't know what I was thinking the other night. I looked again this morning and noticed that I do have options for the Cupcake mod on an individual rack basis. So I turned on Auto Restock at City Hall and then turned it off for the specific rack at the Old Mill. I think this should work. I don't know what I was using for brain cells the other night. :roll: :oops:

:lol::lol: Nik my lovely we all have these face palm (>ლ) 'What was I thinking?!' moments. :wink::lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • karen65pkaren65p Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thankyou dizzy :)
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

:lol::lol: Nik my lovely we all have these face palm (>ლ) 'What was I thinking?!' moments. :wink::lol:
    Thanks, Kate! I hope you're doing well. Take care!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    Catdog123 wrote:
    The fairy garden I've been showing little snippets of is FINALLY finished. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8338586 For those that were interested.

Also fav'd and recd, Catdog. Got an eyeful of your other builds too. You're really talented and this one sooo pretty! :-o *waves*
    edited July 2014
    I haven't seen any forum post or news about an August Store set :( Am I missing something? Thanks! *Waves* to everyone!
    edited July 2014
    esperelda wrote:
    I haven't seen any forum post or news about an August Store set :( Am I missing something? Thanks! *Waves* to everyone!
    Hello esperelda sweetie :) (^.^)/ *waves* SimGuruCopeland has stated via Twitter that we shall be receiving no new information on the August set until next week which is a shame :(

Link:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    WAY off topic, but Kate, I just love your siggy! If you unfocus your eyes and just stare at it, it is mesmerizing and peaceful! :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
    edited July 2014
    Thank You Katie, you angel :) *waves back!!*
    edited July 2014
    WAY off topic, but Kate, I just love your siggy! If you unfocus your eyes and just stare at it, it is mesmerizing and peaceful! :)
    Aww.. Thank you sherrylynn sweetie :D (ノ^‿^)ノ *ɧυɢѕ*
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited July 2014
    esperelda wrote:
    Thank You Katie, you angel :) *waves back!!*

esperelda I 'think' we were just given a new hint in the AUGUST set speculation! thread... :wink:
    Karritz wrote:
    I'd love a useable bay Window, I just got the idea it might be a group of stained glass rose windows of various sizes.

I'd like a rose window too. :D

Yeah... that would be cool.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited July 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    karen65p wrote:

Thank you for posting these links, dizzydee! :thumbup:

I've been saving up my freebie SimPoints like mad, and I'm at 1603 today!

I was originally saving for the Bakery venue, but once the Old Mill Set came out, there was no contest!
    I'm so excited; I've never saved up so many points before and I've managed to resist spending them on any impulse buys. :wink:
    edited July 2014
    Niralyn wrote:
    dizzydee wrote:
    karen65p wrote:

Thank you for posting these links, dizzydee! :thumbup:

I've been saving up my freebie SimPoints like mad, and I'm at 1603 today!

I was originally saving for the Bakery venue, but once the Old Mill Set came out, there was no contest!
    I'm so excited; I've never saved up so many points before and I've managed to resist spending them on any impulse buys. :wink:

Niralyn, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I love the Bakery, but I think I use the Teas Set more. I just love watching my Sims drink their tea. It's very silly... but I can't help myself. :):wink:
  • TeenBansheeTeenBanshee Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sorry guys I haven't read any of the hints but any chance it could be board games? I've been wanting them FOREVER. It would be amazing to finally get them.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's WEDNESDAY! We demand a hint! LOL
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2014
    I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THOSE STEPS BEFORE!! Omg i need those steps. They are so COOL!
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I want this desperately. I want it for my fairies. How cute that would be. I'd fancy them drinking pollen punch. And, for my medieval sims.
  • TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    bumping to save this thread