Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lounges and Old People

Lounges - When you don't want to sit at the bar and don't want a wild night out at the club, come to the lounge for for good conversation and tasty beverages... with old people

Is this in anyone else's game? I have nothing against elderly people it's just really odd when my young sims head to a lounge to relax, listen to some live music and just indulge in some sexy class and be swarmed by sims with grey hair and wrinkles. I've had to change it from lounges to either bars or nightclubs because it's really disconcerting. Shouldn't they be asleep? Or maybe at the museum or library?

Comments

• LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    Hahaha same. I went to the lounge 2 times... Always old people. Boring.
    Now I always go to the bars
  • Syl0271Syl0271 Posts: 28 Member
    We don't need that much sleep. OH! You meant the sims. Actually I hadn't noticed any difference in the venues. But maybe its because I'm old. Seriously, I'll have to pay attention next time.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    That same happened to me also! Thank llama that i was there with an elder sim XD
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Lounges - When you don't want to sit at the bar and don't want a wild night out at the club, come to the lounge for for good conversation and tasty beverages... with old people

Is this in anyone else's game? I have nothing against elderly people it's just really odd when my young sims head to a lounge to relax, listen to some live music and just indulge in some sexy class and be swarmed by sims with grey hair and wrinkles. I've had to change it from lounges to either bars or nightclubs because it's really disconcerting. Shouldn't they be asleep? Or maybe at the museum or library?

Hey, junior! Us old folks still like to get out for a night on the town *shakes cane fiercely* ;-)

I'm teasing with you. The game would classify me as an elder, and I do like to go out for a wild night on the town still, but when I take my YA/A Sims out on the prowl, I'd like to find people in their own age group. Maybe if you invited some similar aged friends to travel with when you go, it would attract a younger crowd?
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    This happened to me as well. I went into the manage households interface and got rid of a lot of the elders so hopefully I won't have 30 of them wandering around my town or lounges all day and night, lol.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Happens to me too. My entire town is filled with elders. I hope they come up with some type of story progression where people at least get married and have children.
  • Irish_Chick81Irish_Chick81 Posts: 301 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

LOL - i dont have this at all and I'm jealous - I love that in your neighbourhood the elders have rebelled and it is they who go out partying and flirting - good for them!

Shouldn't your sims be in bed on a school night? Or studying in the library for your exams? ;)

Vive le resistance
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Yeah, the lounge is full of OAP's!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    Not only is the lounge filled with elders, I feel like the entirety of. Oasis Springs is filled with elders. I had my sim playing her guitar on the sidewalk in front of her house, zoomed out a bit, and saw about 10 sims walking around. EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS AN ELDER.
  • AmyMFAmyMF Posts: 32 Member
    Yes. This happened to me as well. I agree with @MelRedux on this one. Once I am in game for a few hours, everyone is an elder. WHAT?
  • mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    Yea I noticed there are too many old fogies and not enough young folk.
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    My advice would be to move YA or adults into vacant homes you know you'll never play.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I haven't paid attention honestly when I'm at the bars...all I know is time to time I see sims wearing a hot dog costume or dressed like a clown...lol random townies
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I noticed a lot of elders in my communities too. so what I did was take some of the elders to edit through manage households and replace them with families. Now I have more kids and teens walking around in my game for my played families to meet.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yep I think I'm going to remove them from Manage Households. A ton of them walk by in the public spaces all the time, it leaves me wondering whether this game is actually set in Florida
  • rejectedpenguinrejectedpenguin Posts: 180 Member
    Well I have noticed the aging of other sims are faster than my own household. I was throwing a house party and noticed all their friends were elderly. Mind you, they were all young adults created at the same time. Some of their friends passed by so quick. Now heading to other venues, it is hard to find others of similar ages from time to time. I think my current sim loves elderly ladies. He is always flirting. His wife can't keep him leashed lol.
  • seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    i chatted up a cougar the first time i went to the bar. now she knocks on my door every day trying to hang out. i ignore her unless my social bar is down.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    i chatted up a cougar the first time i went to the bar. now she knocks on my door every day trying to hang out. i ignore her unless my social bar is down.

Cougars need to socialize too. Lol. :)

• claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    Yep. My game too. Old sims music playing and old sims milling around. lol

09-06-14_5-17nbspAM.png

09-06-14_5-18nbspAM.png
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    is it just because it's a lounge?
    has anyone tried to go there on a brand new game?
    but i noticed the same thing when i tried to hang out there i find it kind of hilarious
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • VerdantSFVerdantSF Posts: 61 Member
    I find it hilarious, actually. My teen had a great time busting moves on the dancefloor with the grannies :D.
    udmtjK.gif
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    you guys are so mean to old people XD
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Same here, the elders in the lounge love to drink and listen to music from the golden past (not unrealistic). The young people are in the gym and on the street in front of my lot! Hundreds are passing by, I don't know what they're looking for in this quiet road in the desert :D .
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The Solar Flare is always filled up with old people in my game.

Rattlesnake Juice and the Blue Velvet are filled up with the younger sims - young adults, adults, and teens. Sometimes children too. XD

I guess the elders in my game want to tell some comedy? :P
  • white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    haha I noticed that too. In bars and nightclubs there are young adults and adults and lounges are usually filled with elders. I thought it makes sense because that's how is in real life