The new EA Forums are finally here! You can check out our brand new forums right here.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets help each other make the game fun again

Hi all, some of you may know me by now, been around for a while now LOL. You would know that I only use cc made by myself and avoid mods like the plaque, but recently the game is beyond repair buggy and frustrating. So little by little I started adding mods, and now I am wondering what else is out there that will help me enjoy my game even more. So lets share our tips and tricks and mods that help <3

I will start with the Get to work Drs career :)

I use the better hospital staff so that my poor sim does not have to admit sims to beds and fix broken things all by herself while trying to treat patients. You can find it here https://simvasion.com/better-hospital-staff/?fbclid=IwAR3AlP0RreVYEFdGtTBvdqW-C40YfxX_vufC8nRXq_4XjdG80kySIZjV8TQ

Also a lovely simmer directed me to this link https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-more-t-pose-60302707?fbclid=IwAR2WLUQheJpdXVBPtRGt41njA-QhIuw_ATZ38Glt2ij_OuCZPevd6JvahYU to fix our hospital births where the machine won't work and drs would stand in a t pose.

We all know about the amazing mod by Carl for wedding stories that can be found here https://www.patreon.com/posts/62954976, but we will be getting a fix for those soon, but until then have the wedding of your dreams.

There is also the science career that is completely messed up especially the invention constructor, but unfortunately I can't find any fixes for that, so would love if you guys add a me too here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Invention-Constructor-animation-displaying-over-sim-No/td-p/10536651?fbclid=IwAR2_4r-hlbCIgJp7z6IyjmdldXOzw66Aq6xJ7apA9vTSl33a5M45SGsOZ84 that has been an ongoing issue since last year July, so hopefully a friendly clever mod maker sees this post one day and help us fix it like the ones above <3

Anyways those are the one's I use, please share yours, I am open to use mods if it makes my gameplay fun again, gosh can't believe I am actually saying that !!! but desperate times call for desperate measures ;) Happy simming everyone :)

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,702 Member
    I completely forgot about this one guys ;) It enables you to build the rocket ship again and upgrade it :)
    https://simvasion.com/rocket-building-fix/
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 5,004 Member
    For years, I have thought about this.

One of the things that makes a game fun for me is that if I set a goal. However, it is hard to set a goal. So I have constantly thought about a goal randomizer. Have the computer generate you a goal. Will a sim get married? Will a sim learn a skill? Will someone die? Will someone get a divorce?
    Though I don't know recourses for this. Any website suggestions?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    EgonVM wrote: »
    For years, I have thought about this.

One of the things that makes a game fun for me is that if I set a goal. However, it is hard to set a goal. So I have constantly thought about a goal randomizer. Have the computer generate you a goal. Will a sim get married? Will a sim learn a skill? Will someone die? Will someone get a divorce?
    Though I don't know recourses for this. Any website suggestions?

A quick google gave me this https://spinthewheel.app/sims-4-spin-the-wheel looks interesting and like something you mentioned above ;) It also gives you the option to make your own wheel there as well @EgonVM :)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    What I like to do as a rotational player, is not stay too long with a household to get bored. If I find I am staying too long and did get a little bored, I switch households and set some rules before I play the next, like I will plan to add 2 skill points, advance the career by one level, have the Sim make one new friend, makeover an outfit, visit another lot, renovate one room etc. Then once I'm done I leave, no matter how much fun I'm having, to a new house. I think the best time to switch is actually when you don't want to, because then I'm always having fun and most interested in the game. Sometimes when I can't decide what to do I just number worlds and lots in my head and then roll dice like on here www.rolladie.net
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »
    What I like to do as a rotational player, is not stay too long with a household to get bored. If I find I am staying too long and did get a little bored, I switch households and set some rules before I play the next, like I will plan to add 2 skill points, advance the career by one level, have the Sim make one new friend, makeover an outfit, visit another lot, renovate one room etc. Then once I'm done I leave, no matter how much fun I'm having, to a new house. I think the best time to switch is actually when you don't want to, because then I'm always having fun and most interested in the game. Sometimes when I can't decide what to do I just number worlds and lots in my head and then roll dice like on here www.rolladie.net

Is your rotational game different saves or one save with different households? I have yet to have more than one household in one save, I have not tried that yet. All my saves have only one active household that I play ;)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    I started playing rotationally for the first time since TS2 with the new game I started over Christmas and have to agree with @Elliandre that switching households regularly helps to really keep the game fresh for me.

I'm playing all the households in the same save and started with just one simself like I always have, but then when his kids grew up I moved each of them into their own homes and continued playing all of the offspring. I also added in one orphaned teen vampire, one other townie household and adopted a witch into the family who is now living on her own as well.

As I move into the 3rd generation of sims in the game, I have 7 households in the rotation, all in the same game, and each is so different that it really keeps things fun and fresh. I have a witch, a vampire, famous sims, retail lots to run, restaurants to run, a CL farm to manage, and soon also the active careers of Scientist and Detective (once those sims graduate from university) all in the rotation.

I've particularly enjoyed the retail aspects with rotational play, because now one sim who makes potions, herbalism concoctions and candles is making money from sims in the other households buying her wares and the store that sells upgraded electronics, appliances and plumbing is making really, really good money selling them to the other households that don't do handiness.
    It's pretty cool not having to do "everything" with each household to still benefit from the skills.

Edit: Geezus, I typed all that and forgot to get to the reason I actually replied. One more mod for the list, imo, because it makes running a Retail lot so much better by making the hired staff less useless: https://modthesims.info/d/648194/maxed-retail-dual-tasks-sure-sale-faster-staff-extra-hours-retail-prices.html

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    @Stormkeep do you play with aging on or off? I might give this rotational play a go, see what happens when I am not playing a household and return to them. Never done that in sims 4. Will they die and stuff like that? Oooh thanks for another mod to have a look at, I have not played retail yet, but that does look interesting for simmers who do :)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @mcrudd, what I do is set aging to "on" for active played household only, so the households I play only age while they are the household I am playing.
    I leave aging off for unplayed households most of the time but turn it on while in just one specific household in the rotation, so that unplayed sims do still age at around the same rate as my played ones. It's convenient that the game has nicely split the aging setting options between played and unplayed households.

It actually works really well, though I do sometimes forget to turn the unplayed aging on when I first get back to the household where I'm supposed to do that. A couple of missed days on that aren't a big deal for me though, seeing as they are just unplayed sims anyway. I rarely forget to turn it back off though because regularly getting notices that other sims have aged is a really good reminder. :lol:
  • Options
    @mcrudd I used to play with generations in Sims 2, but I don't do that in Sims 4 for some reason. Maybe I like having the Sims 4 elder grandparents around so much, I don't want any to die. And I like the ghosts to stick around too so I can revive them. I even turn animal aging off so my pet chickens don't die lol.

I had everything mostly in one save, but then my computer crashed and I lost everything, so I started to play more freely and randomly and not get attached to anything. I start and delete saves often now. For the most part I move all the premades and Sims I create or add from the gallery into a save and have unlimited households set there. I just switch households and keep aging off. Actually, I have a few nieces that play and I play on their computers with them often. I've always built up fun households and stories and challenges for them to play with. I also find that really fun too, just planning out and setting up things for others to play and then I end up wanting to play it too.

@Stormkeep Do you play with aging on or off? How do you like playing with the supernatural Sims? I think you mentioned before that you didn't play them much at first.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep oh sorry I didn't see the above post where you said how you set up aging.
  • Options
    @Elliandre, aging both on and sometimes off (explained in the post above yours which we posted at the same time).

And I'm LOVING playing the supernatural sims. The Witch has been especially fun for me, and I really liked getting her retail shop all set up and stocked while she was at university. Now she's all graduated and has a career plus the shop.. the hardest part is rotating away from her. :lol:

The Vamp sim has only been in the rotation for a short time, but I'm really enjoying playing her too. Looking forward to her growing up and heading off to university and I'm going to make her a Detective once she graduates. She's the first vamp I've played in TS4 and will also be the first detective I've played. The two combined are going keep her so very much fun.
    Vlad visited her shortly after I started playing her too, so she ended up not being so "lost and alone" for very long. She has the good trait though....so she's not all that fond of him. I'm going to train her up in fighting so she can beat him down in the future. :lol:
  • Options
    @Stormkeep so will the settings be like this? Sorry for all the questions ;)
    rw7poSd.png
  • Options
    @mcrudd I used to play with generations in Sims 2, but I don't do that in Sims 4 for some reason. Maybe I like having the Sims 4 elder grandparents around so much, I don't want any to die. And I like the ghosts to stick around too so I can revive them. I even turn animal aging off so my pet chickens don't die lol.

I had everything mostly in one save, but then my computer crashed and I lost everything, so I started to play more freely and randomly and not get attached to anything. I start and delete saves often now. For the most part I move all the premades and Sims I create or add from the gallery into a save and have unlimited households set there. I just switch households and keep aging off. Actually, I have a few nieces that play and I play on their computers with them often. I've always built up fun households and stories and challenges for them to play with. I also find that really fun too, just planning out and setting up things for others to play and then I end up wanting to play it too.

@Stormkeep Do you play with aging on or off? How do you like playing with the supernatural Sims? I think you mentioned before that you didn't play them much at first.

aaah see that is how I would probably play, I don't want anyone dyeing LOL, they are too special even pets. But I might just give @Strormkeep's way a go and see how that changes things around a bit.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yes, exactly like that, @mcrudd.

And then, for just one household in the rotation, I check the box for "Auto Age (unplayed sims) so that the ones that aren't in my rotation still age. I use MCCC so all those unplayed sims are having babies and whatnot, so I want them to age as well so that generations pass for the unplayed families.

It's actually pretty cool, my sims in university right now have roomates that are the 3rd generation of Laandgrabs, Brokes, Monty's, Lotharios, and several other of the premade households that I don't play. Don Lotharios grand daughter at university is just as flirty as him...which amused me a lot after she moved into the same dorm as one of my sims and I noticed her.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    ok, I am going to give this a go @Stormkeep , sounds interesting. I am not yet brave enough for a big big mod like MCCC so I will just stick to whatever the game storyprogesses them. Mmm now to think of several households LOL
  • Options
    Without MCCC, you may want to age unplayed sims a bit less frequently, @mcrudd, because the unplayed families will eventually just die out and disappear if you don't give the game's story progression a lot more time to make babies.

One thing I do if a premade family does disappear from my game...I just add back the original. :lol: The Vatore's were gone from my game, for example, by the time I started playing a vampire. Which made me a little sad. So I just downloaded a Vatore makeover from the gallery and moved them back into the original Vatore home then marked them back as unplayed.
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Without MCCC, you may want to age unplayed sims a bit less frequently, @mcrudd, because the unplayed families will eventually just die out and disappear if you don't give the game's story progression a lot more time to make babies.

One thing I do if a premade family does disappear from my game...I just add back the original. :lol: The Vatore's were gone from my game, for example, by the time I started playing a vampire. Which made me a little sad. So I just downloaded a Vatore makeover from the gallery and moved them back into the original Vatore home then marked them back as unplayed.

aaah I see, Well I might just rotate more often, perhaps just play one house for a sim week then move to the next one and keep that aging off completely then, so it should sort of age them a bit if I don't have too many, I was thinking one per world so its a whole new experience everytime I rotate
  • Options
    @Stormkeep
    I love this story so much. I've never created a teen Sim on their own, or aged teens to send them to University. At most a baby can grow to teen age in my houses. I like start with YA and then add kids to them for all the ages when I set up a new family. I like your play style of creating a teen first so they can grow up and onto University. My teens I play the least with and get the most bored with, especially if I play them since toddler years, so I think I will try this. I'm so happy you love the supernatural gameplay! But you gave your lost fledgling vampire to Vlad :cry: Caleb is the good vampire :wink: I hope she defeats Vlad and then arrests him once she's a detective :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I hope she defeats Vlad and then arrests him once she's a detective :lol:

That's the plan! Or at least something like that. She finally met Caleb today. I had her go to a Gym to get in some fighting and fitness training at midnight and Caleb was the only other sim that showed up at first that late at night (other than staff). So she has now made friends with him and learned that some vampires can be "good," like she is, and still thrive.
    She kicked Vlad out of the "Friendly Fangs" vampire club that I had made for her and invited Caleb and his sister to join.

I then switched to Vlad and made an evil vampire club that has club activities of being mean to the "Friendly Fangs" (plus other vampirey stuff) before switching Vlad back to unplayed. Wanted to add some drama to the vampire bar which is the club hangout for both of those vampire clubs.
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I hope she defeats Vlad and then arrests him once she's a detective :lol:

That's the plan! Or at least something like that. She finally met Caleb today. I had her go to a Gym to get in some fighting and fitness training at midnight and Caleb was the only other sim that showed up at first that late at night (other than staff). So she has now made friends with him and learned that some vampires can be "good," like she is, and still thrive.
    She kicked Vlad out of the "Friendly Fangs" vampire club that I had made for her and invited Caleb and his sister to join.

I then switched to Vlad and made an evil vampire club that has club activities of being mean to the "Friendly Fangs" (plus other vampirey stuff) before switching Vlad back to unplayed. Wanted to add some drama to the vampire bar which is the club hangout for both of those vampire clubs.

@Stormkeep Your game sounds awesome. I love the name "Friendly Fangs" for a club of good vampires. I'm going to borrow that one from you :lol:
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,395 Member
    @Stormkeep @Elliandre Can someone explain to me why when I read "Friendly Fangs' in my mind I heard Judas Priest's 'Love Bites'

🎵"In the dead of night, love bites, love bites."🎵

I'm dating myself with that musical reference.
  • Options
    LMLS2143 wrote: »
    @Stormkeep @Elliandre Can someone explain to me why when I read "Friendly Fangs' in my mind I heard Judas Priest's 'Love Bites'

🎵"In the dead of night, love bites, love bites."🎵

I'm dating myself with that musical reference.

@LMLS2143 Haha I've never heard that song before. :joy: Thanks for the laugh. I was an 80's kid, so I guess I just missed these guys. My childhood was ruled by the 80's glam rockers like Canadian Platinum Blonde since my older teen sister was obsessed with them.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,405 Member
    @mcrudd, thanks so much for this thread and the link to the doctor career fix. I used to have coolspear's great career mods but am unable to use his doctor career mods now. So thanks a bunch...I have that site in my favs now. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    @mcrudd, thanks so much for this thread and the link to the doctor career fix. I used to have coolspear's great career mods but am unable to use his doctor career mods now. So thanks a bunch...I have that site in my favs now. :)

Yay glad I could help, I am playing with both the hospital mods, the better staff and the no more t pose and they work perfectly. I do sometimes find wandering patients but at least they are admitted to their beds when they start wandering around so they don't leave to go home and negatively impact the job performance meter ;) Enjoy playing your Doctor career again <3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,323 Member
    edited March 2022
    Yeah I think I have problem killing sims off too so i have aging off for everyone and age them with cake when i want to

well that is also coincidentally why close to no one in my game dies naturally and I am always scheming for sim death :lol: gotta make space to keep my beloved sims dang it and they just keep adding more

sometimes though its a big fail as i end up keeping them as ghost instead cause ghosts are cool

gladly most my faves also end up vampires or other occults so it makes sense for them to live forever
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free