Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Store Frustration - Need Advice

I ordered Roaring Heights when it first came out. I don't remember there being a gold edition at the time offering the Boardwalk Attire just the standard with the Classically Cool Fixer-upper Car. Do I really have to pay $34.99 to get the Boardwalk Attire and 1,900 simpoints? (I can more simpoints for $20) I already own the world and the Classically Cool Fixer-upper Car, why can't they give a discount if you already own everything but the boardwalk attire? I don't even want the simpoints...There are a lot of other sets like this in the Sims 3 Store and I don't understand why they can't be part of the complete your set. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited January 2022
    @TeeSea - The gold version was available when the world was first released. You are correct that no discount is given if you already own the Standard version. Discounts for content already owned are only given for certain sets and compilations with the Complete Your Set discount (CYS). None of the worlds are eligible for the CYS discount.

I would like to know why you now want the gold version. The difference in content between the standard and gold versions is that the gold version also includes the Boardwalk attire set and 1900 points. So your $35 will only get you the simpoints (As you wrote, you can buy 2000 points for $20 from Origin) and a set with 5 outfits.

The difference in cost between the standard and gold versions is $15. So, the 1900 simpoints essentially cost $15 compared to $20 for 2000 points with Boardwalk attire thrown in.

The 1900 simpoints were offered with the recommendation to purchase The Boardwalk venue which was created to go with Roaring Heights. The regular price of The Boardwalk is 1900 points. However, The Boardwalk is offered on the Daily Deal. It is offered twice on the Daily Deal list; deals # 694 and # 890. Deal 694 is offered at 49% off for 969 points. From the DD spreadsheet, deal 694 is next scheduled to be offered January 29, 2022 at 4:31 AM UTC.

Back when the world was released, I purchased the standard edition as I did not want the clothing set. I waited to use simpoints to buy The Boardwalk when it went on sale.

Did you want the gold edition because of the attire set? The only way to get the set of 5 items is to get the gold edition. Not worth it in my opinion.

If you wanted the 1900 simpoints for the Boardwalk venue, as you wrote buy the simpoints directly from Origin for $20. Buy the Boardwalk on sale when it comes up on the Daily deal for 969 points.

I hope that helps.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited January 2022
    I really don’t remember them having the gold edition because I would have purchased it but I am probably not remembering right but I purchased all the gold versions of other worlds when they came out.

I love the outfits and bummed that they don’t offer it separately. Totally not worth the price, I was just hoping maybe someone knew of a way to buy them without paying for the world twice. I got the boardwalk venue on sale a long time ago. Maybe I can find some CC similar to the attire offered.

There’s other worlds that I don’t remember a gold version being offered when it first came out that now do. Maybe I’ve just forgotten but I also haven’t looked at the Sims 3 store in a good 6 years and there’s so many things I don’t remember being offered. It’s almost like looking at the Store for the first time.

Thank you for your help.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    @TeeSea - My pleasure to help. Sorry that Boardwalk Attire is not available separately. I would imagine you could find someone who has created similar outfits.

I recall gold versions being available the same time that all of the standard versions were released.
    TeeSea wrote: »
    ... I also haven’t looked at the Sims 3 store in a good 6 years and there’s so many things I don’t remember being offered. It’s almost like looking at the Store for the first time.

There is so much content between the game packs and the store, I still find items I never realized were available. :)

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet